UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Z Kai Episode 157 Discussion

Just now, ben0119 said:

So is Buu more dangerous now because he's a mindless monster with no restraint, or is he stronger too?  Because why would Buu absorb people if it made him weaker?  And obviously the previous Buu got stronger by absorption.  In this script, it doesn't actually sound like Buu is stronger, but simply more dangerous and unpredictable.

Honestly, Super Buu was not as dangerous as Kid Buu since he could actually be reasoned with.

Kid Buu has no leash, therefore nothing is stopping him from going full "Planet Buster" like he just did with Earth.

1 minute ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Man, this series is ovver

yeah, all that's left now is

Goku telling old Kai he'll let him fuck Vegeta's wife, and Vegeta giving himself a reason I suck speech and saying he'll never surpass Goku

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

So is Buu more dangerous now because he's a mindless monster with no restraint, or is he stronger too?  Because why would Buu absorb people if it made him weaker?  And obviously the previous Buu got stronger by absorption.  In this script, it doesn't actually sound like Buu is stronger, but simply more dangerous and unpredictable.

Kid Buu is his strongest form.  Absorbing people seemed to make him weaker.  Or maybe absorbing Kais did.

That's right even the Earth was destroyed.  You can see how this was truly meant to be the end of the series.  Where do you go from there?

Goku saved Dende so the Dragon Balls could still be used?  But the Dragon Balls just got destroyed along with the Earth?  At least Piccolo and the boys didn't feel anything.

In think that flashback was longer in the old show, and Bibidi's voice wasn't the same as Babidi.  Liked the Kais' designs.

They just look like elves to me. :D

LOL HERCULE SAID IT.  Why haven't they dealt with Buu?

• Like 1

You have no shame and are seriously asking for it, Goku, offering up Bulma like that.  Also not really sure how Elder Kai could stop them anyway.

Shouldn't the Kais have that ability too and not just Kibito?

Now Buu is destroying planets left and right!

Ah hell Buu has already made it to Other World!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Meilag32 said:

Kid Buu is his strongest form.  Absorbing people seemed to make him weaker.  Or maybe absorbing Kais did.

That's what I thought.  It also obviously changed his personality as well.  But it wasn't really explicitly stated that it weakened him, power-wise.  Not in this version anyway.

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

That's what I thought.  It also obviously changed his personality as well.  But it wasn't really explicitly stated that it weakened him, power-wise.  Not in this version anyway.

For sure absorbing Grand Supreme Kai unfocused his attention.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Meilag32 said:

Absorbing nice people makes him less evil

it's why Absorbing Gohan and Piccolo made him more coherent and Sportsmanly

he takes on aspects of the personalities of all the people he absorbs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Massive plot development incoming. the best thing that to ever happen in the entire buu saga beside the rematch of go k u vs vegeta,gok u powering to ssj3 for the first time,and vegetto

That's a lot of besides. :P

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gyaos said:

Honestly, Super Buu was not as dangerous as Kid Buu since he could actually be reasoned with.

Kid Buu has no leash, therefore nothing is stopping him from going full "Planet Buster" like he just did with Earth.

That's what I mean.  It seems like Kid Buu is more dangerous, not necessarily more powerful, though I had thought it was both originally.  It was explained differently in this Kai version, which is supposed to be a more accurate script to the Japanese version of the anime, and the manga.

Edited by ben0119

I think the original messed up and said Kid Buu was the most powerful, which was completely wrong. Kid Buu is on par with SS3 Goku.

Buutenks was so powerful that SS3 Goku and Mystic Gohan didn't even try to fight him together. Buuhan was even stronger than that.

But in addition to being the most evil and dangerous, Kid Buu seems to possess infinite regeneration. He doesn't tire or suffer energy loss no matter how many times he's blown apart, unlike other forms. He also can regenerate instantly, without any delay or effort. 

• Thanks 1

Hey I think you're right!  That makes a lot of sense.

Explains how SS3 Goku could at least hold him off?

And yeah Kid Buu is definitely more dangerous in other ways.

I think the actual numbers in that video are bullshit though.  I think that old power level list that had Super Saiyan 4 in the billions or whatever turned out to be nonsense too.  But this video is even more over the top than that.

Well they're not canon or anything, because Toriyama lost interest in giving power levels with second form Frieza who was rated at a power level of 1 million. Things kinda uhhhh skyrocketed from there because every character Toriyama introduced was 10x more powerful than the last. When you do that, things escalate quickly. 

So the numbers are insane but totally reasonable by DBZ standards. You don't even wanna see the numbers for Super.

Also worth noting, Gotenks SS3 is almost 4x as strong as Goku SS3. This is in line with something Toriyama once said about fusion forms being a full step ahead of their non fused counterparts. 

I don't recall him or the series ever saying that each new character was 10x stronger than the last.  Pretty sure that 1 million thing was filler?  Power levels didn't exist before Raditz showed up either, and I think before and after stated power levels, just showing power through exposition, abilities, feats, battles in contrasting characters etc was good enough.  It gave you a good sense of things.

I don't know, that old list that was floating around the Internet in the early 2000s that topped out with Super Saiyan 4 in the early billions seemed pretty believeable in terms of all the characters with what was shown onscreen.  Even then I think things might have been too high, in retrospect. 

Edit - Here it is. 

http://www.oocities.org/gohan2000_nz/powerlevelsmain.html

This is what we had back in the day that I remember.  Some of the other lists I found have 17 and 18's power levels different, which is STUPID.  They're twins!  Looks like a source was dbzgtlegacy, which sadly is no longer around.  Found no sign of the GT levels so far either.  I hope I still have that list saved or printed out somewhere.  Anyway, these seem much more reasonable, but again, even these could be too high.

And watching the rest of that video not only are numbers ridiculous but characters' in strength in relation to each other is nonsensical.  Supreme Kai stronger than Dabura or Goten and Trunks?  Lolno.  There's no way Videl, Spopavitch, and the other guy were THAT weak either.  And the increases from removing weights is ridiculous.  Really, that video is just retarded, and I'm not the only one that thinks so, given some of the comments.

Well yes, fusion forms being that much more powerful makes sense.

Edited by ben0119