UnevenEdge

Black Clover ep 10 Discussion!

mochi

Just now, elfie said:

.. what is it with little kids in this show sounding WAY too old???

Bad Casting and probably because all of Funi's decent "child type voice" actors have all left Funi and moved to LA and are now on big Budget shows and/or working for Viz

• Haha 1

I half-expected that bird to turn into a person when it flew into the church.  But, magic stone.  Hmm.

Rofl that's not his bird.  That troll bird follows him everywhere because of his shitty magic.

Those hateful eyes.  You're so adorable! :D

You can sit on me if you like!  Sure Noelle. xD

5 hours ago, Gyaos said:

I wonder what the deal is with that bird.

They stick around people with low magic power remember?  Asta was mobbed with them at the exam.  This one has stuck around to perpetually troll Asta for whatever reason.  Maybe there is more to it though.

5 hours ago, mochi said:

the sad thing is Studio Pierrot is one of the better studios in Japan in terms of Animation quality

They do good animation but are probably the worst at adaptations.  Studio White Fox does beautiful work and great adaptions like Stein's Gate and RE Zero.

Pierott gives us stuff like Tokyo Ghoul, Naruto, Bleach, Black Clover, and Super Milk Chan. They just ruin everything they touch.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Looks like that sword is too blunt to actually cut anybody?  Too bad.

Master?  So there's a higher power huh.

Why are they hiding his face?  You can clearly see the Golden Dawn symbol on his outfit.

A higher power... in a Shonen anime! Nope nope I don't buy it.

Oh and from what I've heard... since I don't watch this... is that for plot reasons the sword becomes incredibly sharp when it's needed to cut something. So if it needs to cut through giant metal chains to free someone.. it will do that. If it hits a person it's a butter knife.

Edited by Daos

Since Black Clover Pages 1-5 have for some ungodly reason found their way back to the Toonami stream, this week might also be a great chance to rewatch episodes 6-10. Also, I have a strange feeling that Toonami will opt for a marathon on St. Patrick's Day and the show they marathon will be Black Clover, but I kinda hope I'm wrong. But I digress. Here's the review of Page 10:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/black-clover/episode-10/.124882

TL,DR: Rating - B+

Lol 

"To adapt the popular "polished turd" analogy, I'd call this show at its best a very polished and unassuming rock on the side of the road.

With its recent Toonami debut and surprisingly intense marketing push over here in the west, it looks like Black Clover's going to be a part of the anime zeitgeist whether people like it or not. My Hero Academia had that underlying charisma that made it an easy hit, but Clover has a much steeper climb ahead despite the same ambitions. In a way, being the scrappy underdog who nobody wants to like may just be the most in-spirit with the genre a show has ever been, but I'm counting on it to surpass this episode as its ceiling someday."

He's not kidding about that marketing push. They made Crunchyroll into a bunch of sellout bitches shilling for this anime. "One of the best Shonen adaptations ever!"

• Haha 1