UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Z Kai Episode 148 Discussion

Meilag32

Just now, Gyaos said:

To be fair, I don't remember him being present at any point during Buu's time on the Lookout.

now that you mention it it kinda just seems like Toriyama forgot Dende was a thing for most of this arc

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Meilag32 said:

They didn't show it but he was eaten when Buu transformed everyone at the lookout to chocolate.

Whoa whoa that's totally wrong. Dende was actually knocked off the lookout and is currently on the ground. They show that in the original.

• Like 2

Hopefully they actually are forced to get a new non shonen, non long running anime that can hold its own at the top of the block.

Part of the reason I think they don't do that anymore is due to Super and Kai. If they did get a new hot show they'd have to give it the AOT treatment, airing it 3rd or 4th.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Daos said:

Hopefully they actually are forced to get a new non shonen, non long running anime that can hold its own at the top of the block.

Part of the reason I think they don't do that anymore is due to Super and Kai. If they did get a new hot show they'd have to give it the AOT treatment, airing it 3rd or 4th.

I would do anything for them to license something non Shonen again frankly, just something original that isn't a carbon copy of something they already have

The two Shonen actually worth watching they can't get. I'm really not sure what happens after the Dragonball era is over. Either they make some good decisions finally and maybe Toonami sees a resurgence, or they make more bad decisions and without Dragonball to prop it up Toonami gets canned.

6 hours ago, Daos said:

Getting a new show is expensive so I doubt they would reserve one of those slots to a one-cour show, or even two-cour, because that'd be like buying multiple shows that they probably can't afford in the long term.

On 2/7/2018 at 9:35 AM, elfie said:

Getting a new show is expensive so I doubt they would reserve one of those slots to a one-cour show, or even two-cour, because that'd be like buying multiple shows that they probably can't afford in the long term.

Umm, for a long time we just had one long-runner anchor.  Kai by itself, and Bleach before it.  More people used to stick around after those shows ended too, back then.