UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 46 Discussion

Meilag32

It's a big ball of slime.  Why not hit it with a big energy blast?  Uhh, like that.  Good job, Goku.

The great Monaka defeated it! :D

Seriously?  You can't destroy that little bit of slime?  Use an energy attack or toss it into a sun or something.

Vegeta doesn't know what a pacifier is?  But didn't baby Trunks have one?

Future Trunks?  Why is his hair blue?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Am assuming this was the case as well.

you can assume that if you want but he's not, the literal actual explaination is that Toriyama forgot what color his hair was and Toei was too embarrassed to tell him his character design sheet was colored wrong

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mochi said:

you can assume that if you want but he's not, the literal actual explaination is that Toriyama forgot what color his hair was and Toei was too embarrassed to tell him his character design sheet was colored wrong

But... there's another Trunks right there, with purple hair.  The fuck.

Just now, ben0119 said:

But... there's another Trunks right there, with purple hair.  The fuck.

he did the same to Android 18

a character sheet he drew for her in DBS depicts her with purple hair

even though she's Blonde

Toei chose not to use the wrong hair color for her in that case

On 1/14/2018 at 6:15 AM, Daos said:

Toriyama basically has dementia at this point. Don't expect anything from him.

And don't ask him who Launch is.

I've had someone make the argument to me that Trunks' hair is actually white, not purple.  Which, I can see.  Many white-haired anime characters might have a blue tinge their hair, or in Trunks' case, lavender.  Similar to how black-haired characters might have a blue or red/brown tinge to their hair.  His hair was a different color in GT, too.  So, Trunks hair could be blue, from a certain point of view. :D

Edited by ben0119

13 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I've had someone make the argument to me that Trunks' hair is actually white, not purple.  Which, I can see.  Many white-haired anime characters might have a blue tinge their hair, or in Trunks' case, lavender.  Similar to how black-haired characters might have a blue or red/brown tinge to their hair.  His hair was a different color in GT, too.  So, Trunks hair could be blue, from a certain point of view. :D

you know I never noticed before but you're right his hair IS a different color in GT

it's a darker more Pinkish shade of purple in GT

original.gif

compare to how he looked in Z

future-trunks-dbz-screenshot.png

and how he for some assinine reason looks in Super

future_trunks-1200x675.jpg?width=960

his "hair antenna" are in the wrong place in Super too, in every other depiction those two loose strands of hair are INSIDE his part hanging in front of his forhead, in Super they're behind his bangs sticking straight up

Edited by mochi

13 hours ago, mochi said:

you know I never noticed before but you're right his hair IS a different color in GT

it's a darker more Pinkish shade of purple in GT

original.gif

compare to how he looked in Z

future-trunks-dbz-screenshot.png

and how he for some assinine reason looks in Super

future_trunks-1200x675.jpg?width=960

his "hair antenna" are in the wrong place in Super too, in every other depiction those two loose strands of hair are INSIDE his part hanging in front of his forhead, in Super they're behind his bangs sticking straight up

Didn't notice that. I could accept some slight difference in hairstyle, but not totally different hair color.  I mean, we can chalk it up to him dying his hair... but why would he?  Even Bulma, who constantly changes looks, never dyed her hair.  Now that I think about it, do anime characters dye their hair?!  Whole reason for the wacky hairstyles and colors was to make characters distinct from each other, because there's only so much you do with facial features in an anime.  So, characters dying hair would be confusing!

Yup with GT Trunks different hair color and to be honest completely different personality I always said he was an android fake LOL.

I remmeber having this Plex conversation in another thread but I cannot for the life of me find it.  So here I am continuing it:  ... I signed up for Plex and tried to download the media player app on my computer that's needed to use Plex, but it turns out my operating system is a few versions earlier than the compatible one! ;_;