UnevenEdge

Outlaw Star Episode #13 Discussion

I said this before, but I really wish we had seen more of this world-building firsthand instead of having it condensed into an opening narration.

This explanation of aliens getting into society is reminding me of Space Dandy! Oh would it have been great if there was a crossover!

Gilliam is still one of my fav characters in this show. Serious and sticking to his direction but still has a personality. Though being in that pink form makes him look like a girl.

Aisha, you are too much.

Exterminate a pet?

lol giving that alien a Southern accent makes me think they were inspired by Foghorn Leghorn.

So is …. this just like a day-in-the-life episode of the crew as they do various odd jobs?

:D Gene's mission suddenly turned into a date. You know how to get the girl when you dress like Spike Speigel.

Woah that vender was one of the cactus people!

All the adventures tie into each other!  

…. uuuuuuh…. this got weird.

Hearing his low voice complain while he's being smooched on the ground is somehow hilarious! :D

• Like 1

I swear, this show's a fucking anime version of a JRPG and I dig it so much.

2001 Edits:

Light one this time.

1. Words "Spit Sperm" digitally removed from sign next to ice cream stand.

2. Aisha's references to killing the bug changed to stopping the bug. (However she was able to berate Gene for "trying to kill" her.)

3. Scene of Gene randomly shooting his gun off shortened.

4. Gene's "I would have scored for sure" changed to "I would have had the perfect date." (Don't they mean the same thing?)

5. Gene's "can't even take a leak" changed to "can't even get to sleep" in the preview.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2017 at 2:40 AM, mochi said:

I eagerly away the Day toonami Licenses another show where the gay character is actually a nice likeable guy who isn't a total jack-ass and rapist

I'd direct you to two years ago and Akame ga KILL!, but I won't, assuming "lives to the end" is also one of your criteria.

On 12/3/2017 at 2:42 AM, CorbeauKarasu said:

lol, Gne dressed like spike and cowboy bebop esque music.

FUN FACT: This episode of Outlaw Star premiered in Japan the exact same day that Bebop started airing on Japanese television. Same station too. Ironically, Outlaw Star was a late-night show while Bebop was early evening.

On 12/3/2017 at 3:05 AM, DangerMouse said:

95f4b7e4204d9ed6189e0b203493e11d.gif

Finally found it.

Cute lol

If I had watched this episode when I was younger, this would've awoken my femdom fetish long before Puni Puni Poemy.

• Thanks 1