UnevenEdge

The Walking Dead

Greeny

A lot of people still like it, the only people who don't like it have ridiculous reasons like "it's so unrealistic now"... which makes no fucking sense since it is a sci-fi horror about a fucking zombie apocalypse, like where have you been since the beginning of the show? What about it was realistic to you? :|

The only legitimate complaint I have heard some people have is the recent direction of the character development of certain characters. 

22 minutes ago, Sandstone said:

A lot of people still like it, the only people who don't like it have ridiculous reasons like "it's so unrealistic now"... which makes no fucking sense since it is a sci-fi horror about a fucking zombie apocalypse, like where have you been since the beginning of the show? What about it was realistic to you? :|

The only legitimate complaint I have heard some people have is the recent direction of the character development of certain characters. 

My biggest gripe is that they killed Beth.

Motherfuckers.

I never watched it. From the premiere commercial, I knew it was just trying to rip-off everything that was perfected with zombies by video games like Resident Evil and movies like The Night of the Living Dead, and by that I mean the Tony Todd remake, because the one from the 60s was old and only cool in its time.

I got really board when the had to escape the prison like 10 years ago.

It just became so obvious who had character shields and who was being introduced as a fake main character just to kill and then when they were going to kill off an actual main character.

Unfortunately a problem with the "anyone can die at any moment" theme, like with this or GoT to a similar extent, is that it can only last for so long before you're out of people to kill without sacrificing the overall story arc. So then in spite of themselves, if the show lasts long enough it still ends up with the inexpendable cast on one side and everyone else on the other.

32 minutes ago, Adminderaptorpat said:

I got really board when the had to escape the prison like 10 years ago.

It just became so obvious who had character shields and who was being introduced as a fake main character just to kill and then when they were going to kill off an actual main character.

Unfortunately a problem with the "anyone can die at any moment" theme, like with this or GoT to a similar extent, is that it can only last for so long before you're out of people to kill without sacrificing the overall story arc. So then in spite of themselves, if the show lasts long enough it still ends up with the inexpendable cast on one side and everyone else on the other.

That's an inevitability on a show where death is a constant and it's definitly an issue here. I just don't blame the writers or show runners for it and I can enjoy the show in spite of it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2017 at 12:05 PM, Greeny said:

I still like it.

Sue me.

I still liked it up until I found out Morgan is the character crossing over into FTWD. It's an insult to fans of both shows and makes no sense in either universe's timeline. 

Unless they flash forward fear which is lazy as fuck. Will probably not watch either show cuz the creators clearly think we are stupid 

On 11/27/2017 at 7:53 AM, 1pooh4u said:

I still liked it up until I found out Morgan is the character crossing over into FTWD. It's an insult to fans of both shows and makes no sense in either universe's timeline. 

Unless they flash forward fear which is lazy as fuck. Will probably not watch either show cuz the creators clearly think we are stupid 

Yeah, they're clearly pandering to TWD fans by using such a popular character. Won't effect my enjoyment of the original, though. Fear was always garbage, and became even worse when they killed off Cliff.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Greeny said:

Yeah, they're clearly pandering to TWD fans by using such a popular character. Won't effect my enjoyment of the original, though. Fear was always garbage, and became even worse when they killed off Cliff.

I keep trying to like FTWD but I don't.  I only want to watch it to piss myself off to see how they're going to explain Morgan's appearance in that universe¬¬

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I keep trying to like FTWD but I don't.  I only want to watch it to piss myself off to see how they're going to explain Morgan's appearance in that universe¬¬

I assume it'll be sometime after his son died and after Rick and Michonne found him holed up in that building with all the traps. But why would he ever go to Mexico? Did he just decide to wander off in a random direction one day? I can't imagine any motive that won't seem like something the writers just pulled out of their ass.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Greeny said:

I assume it'll be sometime after his son died and after Rick and Michonne found him holed up in that building with all the traps. But why would he ever go to Mexico? Did he just decide to wander off in a random direction one day? I can't imagine any motive that won't seem like something the writers just pulled out of their ass.

That's what makes me so mad.  We have a general idea of TWD timeline, they are at least 2.5-3 years in and I use Judith as a guide as to how much time has passed.  At least a year passed from season 1 ep 1 and the Clear episode that re-introduced Morgan.  I just don't see him having left Georgia, going to Mexico or Texas and then back to Georgia to learn the ways of Bushido and then finding Rick.  FTWD is only 2 months into the outbreak and we know for sure Morgan was in Georgia at that time.  It doesn't work.  Abraham, Eugene or Rosita woulda made more sense than Morgan.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

That's what makes me so mad.  We have a general idea of TWD timeline, they are at least 2.5-3 years in and I use Judith as a guide as to how much time has passed.  At least a year passed from season 1 ep 1 and the Clear episode that re-introduced Morgan.  I just don't see him having left Georgia, going to Mexico or Texas and then back to Georgia to learn the ways of Bushido and then finding Rick.  FTWD is only 2 months into the outbreak and we know for sure Morgan was in Georgia at that time.  It doesn't work.  Abraham, Eugene or Rosita woulda made more sense than Morgan.

Exactly. It's obvious that they chose to use the most popular character they could in an attempt to push ratings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greeny said:

Exactly. It's obvious that they chose to use the most popular character they could in an attempt to push ratings.

The thing is though, viewers loved Abraham and would've embraced his return.   I dunno if Abraham is as beloved a character as Morgan but I think Abraham woulda accomplished the same goal minus the insult to viewers intelligence

anyways, tomorrow's big shocker is that

(i'm not really gonna say who, jeez) is gonna die. which has actually been spoiled for a while now, since like october. it doesn't really bother me, but it will def make the show harder to pull off in the future. it's a large diversion from the comics.

Edited by wacky1980

• 2 weeks later...