UnevenEdge

"Morning Sun Pierces Through the Night" One Piece Episode 374 Discussion Thread

considering Luffy's body is literally made out of Rubber.....crushing him probably wouldn't work to begin with

cutting him would be the only thing that could hurt him

Yeah crushing a Rubber Man won't work, haha.

Well, cutting, and we know Luffy is vulnerable to fire and ice.

Yeah crushing a Rubber Man won't work,  haha.

Well, cutting, and we know Luffy is vulnerable to fire and ice.

Hits with enough force can hurt Luffy (as Lucci demonstrated) but they largely don't really effect him. Think of it like Pokemon and a "It's not very effective" move.

I see.  That seems like it would be kind of dumb and cheesy and make Crocodile less badass.

It honestly wasnt that noticable and sounded like a normal Ha Ha Ha, anyway. Probably why FUNi didn't keep it, they didn't notice it.

Hits with enough force can hurt Luffy (as Lucci demonstrated) but they largely don't really effect him. Think of it like Pokemon and a "It's not very effective" move.

Well yes but he can't be smashed into paste like a normal human.  At least probably not.

"I won't be hammered down!"  "Rubber bounces back!"  Haha, what Luffy said was kinda corny and cheesy, but ya' gotta love it! ;D Suck it, Moria!

Oh yeah, we're seeing Moria actually fight himself, but of course, he had to roid himself up with all those shadows... the big coward.

Demonic wheezing Moria...

Appealing to her own shadow... it might work?  Moria's control... not absolute?  Well, we saw this with Cindrey.

"IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE THE SHADOW OF THE KING OF THE PIRATES!  THEN SHAPE UP, AND COME BACK, NOW!" :)

"Your real nightmare is in the New World."  There we go again.

So I guess they didn't have to beat Moria into submission and force him to give up the shadows?  He just barfs them back up?

It was stated him sucking all those shadows up was a desperate move and that even he couldn't control all those shadows at once. He didn't have a good enough grip on them, so to speak, so after sustaining enough damage he let go.

I mean Luffy did just hit him full-force with a 2nd Gear + 3rd Gear hit about 3 times. I'd say that'd do it.

It was stated him sucking all those shadows up was a desperate move and that even he couldn't control all those shadows at once. He didn't have a good enough grip on them, so to speak, so after sustaining enough damage he let go.

I mean Luffy did just hit him full-force with a 2nd Gear + 3rd Gear hit about 3 times. I'd say that'd do it.

Well yeah, I understood all that.

Hmm, but the Straw Hats didn't get all their shadows back, so maybe he just belched up the ones he sucked up last episode?  Hmmmm.

Did that actually happen? :D

yeah it actually did and it  resulted in a lot of negative feedback from the community

after ASM#700 came the series superior spider-man which dealt with Doctor Octopus who had swapped bodies with peter parker(leaving him to die in his old withered body)becoming spider-man and doing what he saw as being superior to anything Peter could ever accomplish

google it...it's quite interesting that it actually happened and the superior story lasted for like 32 or 33 issues(don't remember the exact number right now)

yeah it actually did and it  resulted in a lot of negative feedback from the community

after ASM#700 came the series superior spider-man which dealt with Doctor Octopus who had swapped bodies with peter parker(leaving him to die in his old withered body)becoming spider-man and doing what he saw as being superior to anything Peter could ever accomplish

google it...it's quite interesting that it actually happened and the superior story lasted for like 32 or 33 issues(don't remember the exact number right now)

Wow, that sounds fucking terrible, haha.  I may have to look into it.

yeah the writer(Dan Slott)Got A Couple death threats after the issue where he killed off peter parker and inserted doc ock into the role of spider-man

Well it sounds fugging horrible, but I don't think he deserved death threats, of course.

shows you how crazy some fans really are....

i brought it up because it is about as WTF as this one piece ending...though that spidey ending lasted a couple years and made spider-man out to be a merciless asshole soooo yeah....

Well, at least Moria didn't get killed by the sun or one-shotted by Kuma or something.

Wait, he was using both at the same time?!  I didn't catch that, or think it was possible!  That's even more damage than I thought, then!  And Moria was already getting pretty fucked up from those hits as it was!

Well, at least Moria didn't get killed by the sun or one-shotted by Kuma or something.

ya know even if moria won then what?  the shadows would be gone and He'd have to start from scratch again and thriller bark would still be in ruins

it's a little disappointing that while Thriller Bark Seemed to give the straw hats more trouble than Ennies Lobby  the final battle wasn't anything compared to Luffy's brawl against Lucci

Gecko Moria went down easier than his lackeys but that's probably because his hand was forced and he couldn't do anything else