UnevenEdge

Anybody else doing NaNoWriMo?

Bouvre

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month which goes down at the start of November. It's pretty popular, and some big time authors give advice during it for encouragement to other writers. I'll be participating this year so I can salvage lost time from all the shitty health issues that popped up right before spring.

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month which goes down at the start of November. It's pretty popular, and some big time authors give advice during it for encouragement to other writers. I'll be participating this year so I can salvage lost time from all the shitty health issues that popped up right before spring.

Glad to hear you'll be joining! Hope it goes well for you! :)

Are you a pantser? Planner? Plantser?

I'm seriously considering it if for no other reason than I keep putting it off. :D

My last book only really took a month to knock out and I'm sure I can do much better now. Back then, everything was rough draft pencil on paper before borrowing a college computer for the arcs and finals. I HAVE a frickin computer now. :D :D :D

I'm seriously considering it if for no other reason than I keep putting it off. :D

My last book only really took a month to knock out and I'm sure I can do much better now. Back then, everything was rough draft pencil on paper before borrowing a college computer for the arcs and finals. I HAVE a frickin computer now. :D :D :D

Good lord, that sounds horrible, but at least you're not having to do that now!

Do it, do it, do it!

Thanks. It's nice to see that others are thinking about joining in here. Proud planster because I switch constantly between planning and winging it.

Yeah, definitely a plantser myself. I prefer to outline a little, write it, outline some more, write it, and so on. Provides plenty of room for improvisation while also being consistent with my focus.

I'm pretty excited for it. Being in grad school kind of killed any available time I might've had for it (though I was writing a lot of fiction),

but I'm eager to jump back into trying to bang out a novel in a month.

...actually probably

I have the first chapter of my gay disney prince novel mostly finished save for one or two lines I wanna alter

...actually probably

I have the first chapter of my gay disney prince novel mostly finished save for one or two lines I wanna alter

tumblr_oazt5zJYAT1s9hagko1_500.gif

I'm glad to hear it! Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you!

You should totally sign up on NaNoWriMo, update your word count as it goes along, find inspiration. :)

honestly, i'm working on a novel, but i don't see the point in trying to cram it in like that.

i mean, i guess if it was just for fun...

but that just seem like a huge investment of time and creative energy for something that's just for fun.

Don't buy into the hype. Be patient. Take your time with your book

I've worked on my thesis over the period of more than a year, and plan on working on my new project over the month.

For me, it's both a form of fun and a form of Writing The Damned Thing™

There's a sense of deadline, but I know it'll need months and months of work afterwards,

but at least it's a start.

Yeah, I know it helps people like you, but it's still just a meme. Just an interweb trend. I don't tend to get too caught up in those.

I mean, yeah I suppose one can call it a trend,

but it also contributes to arts funding, and helps formulate writing communities,

and writers from Roxane Gay to Dean Koontz have contributed and supported its growth.

Not to mention the works that have been published as a result of participating.

I mean, yeah I suppose one can call it a trend,

but it also contributes to arts funding, and helps formulate writing communities,

and writers from Roxane Gay to Dean Koontz have contributed and supported its growth.

Not to mention the works that have been published as a result of participating.

Well I'll say if the pro novelists are doing it NaNoWriMo has some credibility apparently. I don't know a who lot about what I'm supposed to do for Novel Writing Month. Could you tell me what I need to do to participate? Explain it to me. I'm more sold on NANOWRIMO

On 11/7/2017 at 11:40 PM, Spindack said:

Well I'll say if the pro novelists are doing it NaNoWriMo has some credibility apparently. I don't know a who lot about what I'm supposed to do for Novel Writing Month. Could you tell me what I need to do to participate? Explain it to me. I'm more sold on NANOWRIMO

I'm a bit late to respond, but ultimately you can do it without signing up, but for all the motivation and tips/advice, go to the nanowrimo site and start an account.

NaNoWriMo.org

36 minutes ago, Bouvre said:

I'm a bit late to respond, but ultimately you can do it without signing up, but for all the motivation and tips/advice, go to the nanowrimo site and start an account.

NaNoWriMo.org

Might as well. I got nothing better to do. .P.S. high everyone. It's spindack. My brief ban is now expired. I'm sorry for being an asshole to some people here. Bullying is wrong, even if it's toward another bully, two wrongs don't make a right, ASSJWs.

• Like 1

I've got to stop lying.. Actually, I'm working on 4 separate novels, but not for NaNoWriMo, though I did just sign up with that website. Might as well. I don't know if I'm a GOOD novelist, but One day I hope to find out. Writing needs to be shared...

SHADOW WALKER - https://www.scribd.com/document/364945126/NOVEL-Shadow-Walker-Chapter-1

THE IDENTITY - https://www.scribd.com/document/364945195/NOVEL-The-Identity-Chapter-1

THE PSYCHIC - https://www.scribd.com/document/364945297/NOVEL-The-Psychic-Chapter-1

MIKE - https://www.scribd.com/document/364949634/NOVEL-Mike-Chapter-1

Okay, Bouvre.You suck. YOU WIN. I'm actually submitting some of my unfinished novels. All three of them. I'm participating. Just know, I wrote these script long before NaNoWriMo. 

Edited by Spindack
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Spindack said:

This development of you writing so much more than you let on was the wildest and most delightful surprise that's been uncovered in recent years.

Also, I feel you. I've never written and successfully completed NaNoWriMo, but it does make me write faster and more consistently. That's all I need.

Thanks. Behind closed doors I'm incredibly obsessed with writing. I guess I just prefer to stay humble and not flaunt my work too much until it's more refined. Which it seems to be becoming.....Both with writing and drawing. I hadn't even realized I had already written 4 chapters for seperate books until I began compiling entries for my www.scribd.com account today

Edited by Spindack
  • Like 1