UnevenEdge

I've spent half of my life on these boards in their various forms.

Skiles

Actually, it'll be half of my life later this year. I started posting in late '03, thereabouts. But still... God damn, HALF?

And I can't even call it a waste of time, because I've met a lot of people here that I will call my friends forever. This is where I've been, through all my mental health issues, addiction, sobriety, and sexual confusion that took WAY too long to figure out. I've shared information here that I wouldn't tell my closest family members, and probably a lot of information that I shouldn't share with any human being ever.

Early on, I assumed several identities with several different alts, before finally making my Skiles name and just being my own weird self. I've spent hours upon hours in TC, laughing and having a fantastic time with people that went from just letters on a black screen, to faces and voices and personalities. I watched a number of those people die, and shed tears with the ones left. One time, I drunkenly made a thread in IB asking people to post their SSN's, got banned, and some of you never let me live it down. To this day, I still use running jokes and callbacks from YEARS ago that came from just a bunch of us drunk bullshitting.

I guess my point is that you guys are really weird, but it's cool, because I'm weird too, and I'm glad I found you guys.

ive spent the majority of my teen years between asmb and asmb related stuff, steam, mal, and 4chan

of all of those places, asmb was the one with the funniest and unique people.

i doubt my life would've been better if i had been doing something else instead of being on asmb the last 5 years.

a shame it's not the same as it was.

Technically, on the 14th will be year 11 for me. I turn 27 today.

Not half, but damn... still long in my eyes. This is a great thing though... for real. Between late Summer 2006 and mid-December 2016, I managed to meet 43 people from the boards that have lead to this new, nostalgic yet fresh version of what brought us all together. And I plan to meet many more.

Even with us users that have tighter-knit groups within, and those who hate, or love, or back-and-forth'ed it through the years... and even if it ALMOST died...

We still got this. <3