UnevenEdge

Football isn't about free speech

1938 Packard

yeah, but teams also deal with sponsors, player's unions, merchandising agreements, fans, and ratings. if they make a decision to bench someone for expressing opposition to a thing, the team runs the risk of facing backlash from the people cutting their checks too.

it must be nice to live in an uncomplicated world.

Hmmmm, it would seem you would have a point if everyone else didn't already see the flaw in your rhetoric.

I mean you CHOSE to be a good janitor for 40 years and not upset anyone, but when you have an actual talent and not a commonplace labor mentality, you can afford to take a risk.

Remember, Kenny.....You can never do anything but clean up and accept your pathetic lot.  You are not a talented athlete so your sad vision of maintaining employment doesn't apply to anyone else's life except other meager laborers.

Hmmmm, it would seem you would have a point if everyone else didn't already see the flaw in your rhetoric.

I mean you CHOSE to be a good janitor for 40 years and not upset anyone, but when you have an actual talent and not a commonplace labor mentality, you can afford to take a risk.

Remember, Kenny.....You can never do anything but clean up and accept your pathetic lot.  You are not a talented athlete so your sad vision of maintaining employment doesn't apply to anyone else's life except other meager laborers.

I also have money to invest.  If an investment is fruitful, no more janitor job.  Hello easy money.

Cool....How has that worked out in the last 40 something years?

It's not something that happens overnight.  Not everybody succeeds on the very first try.  The trick is not to bet over your head.  That way, one can try something else after a failure.  Never stop trying.

Yeah... The football biggie is going to be scouring indeed.com for food service jobs while the dumb janitor didn't flush a job down the crapper on a petty political beef.

I'm not sure if this is relevant to the rest of the thread, or in traditional Packard style completely unrelated.

Either way, if you expected me to actually read your OP, you'd be sorely mistaken. I came here to call a spade a spade. Not to read your dumb posts.