UnevenEdge

Toonami Lineup's been pretty solid, but

there have been some occasional stinkers in the past. I feel like the worst shows Toonami has ever aired are as follows:

11. Dimension W

10. Dragon Ball GT

9. Zatch Bell

8. Tokyo Ghoul

7. Tenchi Muyo GXP/Tenchi in Tokyo

6. Sword Art Online/Sword Art Online II

5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

4. The Batman

3. D.I.C.E.

2. Beware the Batman

1. Fantastic Four : World's Greatest Heroes

with honorable mention for garbage duds that aired on AS, but not Toonami: Pilot Candidate, Reign the Conqueror, Trinity Blood

there have been some occasional stinkers in the past. I feel like the worst shows Toonami has ever aired are as follows:

11. Dimension W

10. Dragon Ball GT

9. Zatch Bell

8. Tokyo Ghoul

7. Tenchi Muyo GXP/Tenchi in Tokyo

6. Sword Art Online/Sword Art Online II

5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

4. The Batman

3. D.I.C.E.

2. Beware the Batman

1. Fantastic Four : World's Greatest Heroes

with honorable mention for garbage duds that aired on AS, but not Toonami: Pilot Candidate, Reign the Conqueror, Trinity Blood

I'll never understand how Tokyo Ghoul ended up being so highly requested if people have such disdain for it

I'll never understand how Tokyo Ghoul ended up being so highly requested if people have such disdain for it

It's because they use some random Tumblr poll that only 50 people know about. The fact that they actually request a 2009 anime like Fairy Tail over every single recent popular anime leads me to believe that it's a complete joke. Not that I wouldn't prefer FT over most of the stuff on the block now, but seeing it in the top 3 in 2017? I don't buy that at all.

If they actually wanted to they could make a new poll, and bump it on Toonami with a simple "Go here to tell us what anime you want to see."

They'd actually get enough people to form a decent sample size and make better decisions.

Even most of the TG manga fans think the anime sucks. But I always found DW more baffling, as no one had even heard of it and the manga had no following or critical acclaim.

It's because they use some random Tumblr poll that only 50 people know about. The fact that they actually request a 2009 anime like Fairy Tail over every single recent popular anime leads me to believe that it's a complete joke. Not that I wouldn't prefer FT over most of the stuff on the block now, but seeing it in the top 3 in 2017? I don't buy that at all.

If they actually wanted to they could make a new poll, and bump it on Toonami with a simple "Go here to tell us what anime you want to see."

They'd actually get enough people to form a decent sample size and make better decisions.

Even most of the TG manga fans think the anime sucks. But I always found DW more baffling, as no one had even heard of it and the manga had no following or critical acclaim.

Why would anyone want FT on Toonami at this point when their are multiple ways to binge it.

Like "Yeah I've always wanted to see that at a once a week pace"

As for DW, Funimation was on the production committee and they probably wanted a quicker return on investment than just streaming would allow is my guess

I personally thought Tokyo Ghoul was decent until the end of the first season, and then it degenerated into a gigantic ball of nihilism and misanthropy I try to avoid in 2017. That show's destiny has since become trapped as background noise while I play The Binding of Isaac. To compare, I had mildly similar problems with Deadman Wonderland. I actually didn't care for it in the end because it went from something that was not very good, but you couldn't take your eyes away from (especially during the Hummingbird fight) to a generic shonen battle anime with built-in fatalism.

Dimension W gets a shrug from me. Maybe I'll look for it again some time and give it another watch, but I wasn't even a fan of the parts of the series I could actually comprehend.

Beware the Batman is far from the best Batman series, though I actually found it decent for what it wanted to be. Watch me end up reflexively hating it once I see another one, however. :robotP

My Sword Art Online opinion is as follows: Aincrad, good; Alfheim, bad; Phantom Bullet, okay, and it might be the best arc if you remove the rapey parts; Excalibur, boring but competent, so I'll give it that, and Mother's Rosario, almost a war crime.

Finally, I haven't seen enough episodes of DB Super to rate it, but I'll probably come up with something after Goku Black happens.

I personally thought Tokyo Ghoul was decent until the end of the first season, and then it degenerated into a gigantic ball of nihilism and misanthropy I try to avoid in 2017. That show's destiny has since become trapped as background noise while I play The Binding of Isaac. To compare, I had mildly similar problems with Deadman Wonderland. I actually didn't care for it in the end because it went from something that was not very good, but you couldn't take your eyes away from (especially during the Hummingbird fight) to a generic shonen battle anime with built-in fatalism.

Dimension W gets a shrug from me. Maybe I'll look for it again some time and give it another watch, but I wasn't even a fan of the parts of the series I could actually comprehend.

Beware the Batman is far from the best Batman series, though I actually found it decent for what it wanted to be. Watch me end up reflexively hating it once I see another one, however. :robotP

My Sword Art Online opinion is as follows: Aincrad, good; Alfheim, bad; Phantom Bullet, okay, and it might be the best arc if you remove the rapey parts; Excalibur, boring but competent, so I'll give it that, and Mother's Rosario, almost a war crime.

Finally, I haven't seen enough episodes of DB Super to rate it, but I'll probably come up with something after Goku Black happens.

TG - yeah man that first ep blew me the hell away! :D  But then I witnessed its gradual descension into awfulness.

DW - bless it, it tried. :/ I also feel sorry for Funimation since it made a deal with Toonami to air a broadcast dub in a one-time thing similar to Space Dandy and it backfired.

Didn't stay to see that Batman series.

SAO wavered for me.

What's weird is that they talk about Wulin being pulled after two episodes "mid week" after 2 episodes  which they claim was hard to do and usually it is easier to just let it play for one week and then pull it. They were under the impression that it ran on weekdays it seems.

The only time they pulled something mid week on OG Toonami was Mobile Suit Gundam after 9/11. Maybe they were thinking of that.

Why would anyone want FT on Toonami at this point when their are multiple ways to binge it.

Like "Yeah I've always wanted to see that at a once a week pace"

As for DW, Funimation was on the production committee and they probably wanted a quicker return on investment than just streaming would allow is my guess

What, you don't wanna be sitting back in your hover recliner watching FT with your hologram TV on Toonami in 2022? What's wrong with you!