UnevenEdge

Tokyo Ghoul √A ep 3 Discussion

Well I guess that was author girl there in those bandages

The show wasn't very subtle about it. :D The way she reacted to hearing Kaneki's name was immediately suspicious.  Still silly that we're supposed to care about a "shocking reveal" of this author lady who was only talked about until now being a prominent ghoul in Aogiri Tree.

I think they're not supposed to be the enemy, which somehow Kaneki decided after seeing through Touka's brother's motives (which are somehow his motives despite almost killing her). But that's kind of abrupt and I don't feel like they've tried to make that other group make sense. Do we even know what they do?

Yeah, it's kind of silly, that whatever those motives were, Kaneki thought they weren't ill-willed, even after what he did to him and to Toka.  And wasn't Jason part of his organization?  If they aren't "bad ghouls," why would they have him around?  I suppose you could make the argument that he's their Mado, to show how there is bad on both sides, but Aogiri isn't some official government group.  They don't have to keep him around because he's "useful."  Which, he isn't.  All he does is torture people.  I thought they were supposed to be some giant evil ghoul faction bent on... taking over territory?  Not sure what happens after they do that since no humans will be sticking around for them to eat, and we saw how fast the Doves responded.  So yeah I guess it's not clear.  And yeah very abrupt given we don't really have a full understanding of Aogiri Tree.

Come to think of it, we still don't even know why they wanted Kaneki.  And yet they've just let him join after he killed Jason, and don't seem to be "using" him for anything special compared to what other members are doing.

*sigh*