UnevenEdge

i want a real fur hat

MEXobiologist

Not at all!

I have one made out of Squirrel and rabbit.  Its so freaking warm its great.

When you live somewhere super cold nothing beats real fur. 

Plus you can not feel guilty about it if you pick the right fur.  Beaver and other critters like that have great fur, but are more expensive and more threatened in the wild.  Squirrels and Rabbits?  Fuckers are like rats and are everywhere.  Their fur is also superwarm.

Also: I sorta really hate Squirrels because they always used to chew through our Phone/Cable/Powerlines at my parents house. 

see thats what i'm sayin! its too damn cold and wet here. when it drops below, or even if its just in the tens with below wind chill, i can't stand it. i get so cold so easily. all the north face and columbia omni heat in the world doesn't save my bones from the creeping chill.

hers is made out of fox. i see a lot of that and also rabbit. either way, WARM!

Yea, I wont do Fox.  But thats because I really like them and we have a huge problem out here where they all died off because of some virus. Thats why Squirrel and Rabbit is so good.  Tons of those critters around and they are nice and warm.

this has never been a problem. we've always had indoor outdoor cats, which tend to keep them buggers away.

I grew up in the mountains.  There were more squirrels and rabbits than anything could kill.  Even with our 2 cats they couldnt keep up with their population.

Yea, I wont do Fox.  But thats because I really like them and we have a huge problem out here where they all died off because of some virus. Thats why Squirrel and Rabbit is so good.  Tons of those critters around and they are nice and warm.

I grew up in the mountains.  There were more squirrels and rabbits than anything could kill.  Even with our 2 cats they couldnt keep up with their population.

oh yeah, hell no. thats like trying to avoid spiders. not gonna happen.

Ever since I saw that documentary on the fur industry....well, I eat meat and what I know of the meat industry hasn't stopped me, so I don't judge, but everyone has their own line and gets to pick and choose what they consider too much and that, for me, was seriously disgusting...that being said I didn't see a thing about squirrels and rabbits...

Ever since I saw that documentary on the fur industry....well, I eat meat and what I know of the meat industry hasn't stopped me, so I don't judge, but everyone has their own line and gets to pick and choose what they consider too much and that, for me, was seriously disgusting...that being said I didn't see a thing about squirrels and rabbits...

This is some rugged alaskan old lady. Her husband gets the foxes and rabbits, they eat em, she makes hats n shit from their fur.

This is some rugged alaskan old lady. Her husband gets the foxes and rabbits, they eat em, she makes hats n shit from their fur.

This is how things started...where people used the whole animal, but the industry now, on the whole, does not resemble this...

but supporting people like this is definitely the way to go if you want these kinds of products...