UnevenEdge

everything wrong with Season 1 of Tokyo Ghoul

mochi

Looks like they covered everything.

Why was this popular in Japan?

rather than answer that question directly I feel I should reminds you there is an anime with a 6 year old girl with Breasts bigger than her body and Japan thought that was okay :|

latest?cb=20120903055312

so the answer to your question is

it's Japan :|

Out of all the flaws listed, I have to say that the biggest one is trying to have it be a "Why can't we all just get along" anti discrimination story about how humans are mean to the poor ghouls who just want to be left alone to live their lives.

That's the entire premise of TG and it's just fatally flawed. And on top of that the author went out of the way to make a lot of the ghouls psychotic assholes who kill for enjoyment. Even supposed protagonist love interest Touka was going to murder a defenseless human girl just because she knew they were ghouls.

I actually find it unbelievable that they haven't declared martial law and called in the military to exterminate the very real threat of human eating monsters with superpowers roaming the streets.

What a coincidence.  I've been binging CinemaSins videos for the past couple days!

That video hit the nail on the head with just about everything.

I'm never going to get over the teacup cutting Kaneki's hand.  Like seriously does the author just forget his own lore?

They introduce a fuckton of characters one after the other without developing them.  If the show is cutting all this stuff from the manga and rushing through the material, why not cut all these extra pointless characters?

So ONE EYED OWL is probably the Anteiku Owner (still don't know his name).  I thought this might be the case, but the show completely abandoned everything going on in the episode before the season finale, so...

Like Daos said, the whole "anti-discrimination" message of the show is mind-numbingly stupid from the get go.  FEEL SORRY FOR MONSTERS THAT EAT PEOPLE.

Wow, there's actually people in the comments section defending this shit.  So there's some Twilight Zone out there where people actually do like this show.  I mean, I knew it had to be true, because it was "top requested" and is super-popular, but to actually see it... 

Yeah yeah, I know Youtube comments are the asshole of the internet, but I couldn't resist! :D Plus, not all channels' viewers are horrible.  Some have a dedicated viewerbase that are actually pretty decent.  It's clear this particular video brought out the Tokyo Ghoul fanboys though. :D

Reposting this just because I don't want to look at Sonic's big blue ass for 35 minutes... :poop:

>:D yeah sorry, I would change it but the avatar system is as fucked as the like system so until they fix it I'm afraid to try to change it again :P

I rewatched last Saturday's episodes of the ones I only partially remember. Some of them I had to watch subbed. 

.. Okay I must've been more tired than I thought because I do NOT remember 90% OF ALL THAT HAPPENED.  Was  I THAT half-asleep!??  And yet I managed to stay awake long enough to turn the TV off before 2 AM??  Man, my body must have great self-control. 

So Kaneki goes to join the group that tried to torture him.  That makes total sense.  ::spin::  And his hair color is the exact opposite of what it once was, leading me to believe initially upon seeing the poster for the first time that this was a different character!!  He doesn't even have the same personality! Will the show put all the previous appealing characters on a bus?? NO WONDER so many people hate root A!

just a healthy recap before Season 2 ;)

Okay this guy has put everything I have a problem with in this show into a video, which is a grand feat, but he also seems to subscribe to that group that wants to burn Funimation's dubs to the ground upon hearing an actor say only ONE FUCKIN WORD.  Hey guy! If you're so annoyed by the dub's acting, there's this thing called  A JAPANESE TRACK!!! USE IT!

I'm fuckin tired....

The dub was the only thing about the show that was fine. Funimation has talented voice actors that deliver consistent quality. Not to mention the speed they crank them out at.

One of the people he bashed in his video was Colleen Clinkenbeard, one of the most well known English VA's.

So if you're bitching about a dub with Sabot, Collen, and Jamie Marchi I think maybe you just aren't into dubs.

But yeah he nailed the rest of the vid. I can't think of a single problem he missed and there were LOADS.

The dub was the only thing about the show that was fine. Funimation has talented voice actors that deliver consistent quality. Not to mention the speed they crank them out at.

One of the people he bashed in his video was Colleen Clinkenbeard, one of the most well known English VA's.

So if you're bitching about a dub with Sabot, Collen, and Jamie Marchi I think maybe you just aren't into dubs.

But yeah he nailed the rest of the vid. I can't think of a single problem he missed and there were LOADS.

yeah the whining about the VA's was the only shitty thing (kinda like that SAO review I posted the other day where the guy kept randomly shitting on Jojo for no reason) but otherwise he's pretty spot on

it's kinda like this awful review of Viz's redub of Sailor Moon that was trying to claim the original voice cast was better

yeah the whining about the VA's was the only shitty thing (kinda like that SAO review I posted the other day where the guy kept randomly shitting on Jojo for no reason) but otherwise he's pretty spot on

it's kinda like this awful review of Viz's redub of Sailor Moon that was trying to claim the original voice cast was better

Then again, this is YouTube, where all of Funimations' videos on their channel are met with replies about how their dubs suck. Even for 1-minute clips of a show they haven't goddamn seen yet because the show hasn't goddamn gotten goddamn released! What else was I expecting?

And his hair color is the exact opposite of what it once was, leading me to believe initially upon seeing the poster for the first time that this was a different character!!  He doesn't even have the same personality!

Being tortured heavily for several hours tends to do that to a person.

Being tortured heavily for several hours tends to do that to a person.

apparently it also gives you black nail-polish and liquid eyeliner according to this series

5531360-Goth-woman-with-white-hair-outdoors-portrait-Shallow-dof-effect--Stock-Photo.jpg

what horrible physical tortures did this poor stock photograph model endure?! ::D::

edit: also his hair is much longer than it was before the torture for some reason

tumblr_nr5gfpIBMz1tnpntdo1_500.png

profound_romance____kaneki_x_reader_by_levisenpaii-d8hlnl7.jpg

it looks more like he was being tortured for a month, not a few hours

Dried blood from fingernail removal and severe eye strain from being forced to stay aware of the torture.

Like I said, torture's a hell of a drug.

okay two things

first. he still has nails....they're just black, which even if they had done something to his nails, it'd take a couple days for the nail to become that severely bruised enough to look black

second, yes, your hair going prematurely Gray due to Trauma IS a thing that can happen...but the hair doesn't turn gray instantly in a matter of minuets, contrary to works of fiction, it only effects new growth, not the hair you already have

second, yes, your hair going prematurely Gray due to Trauma IS a thing that can happen...but the hair doesn't turn gray instantly in a matter of minuets, contrary to works of fiction, it only effects new growth, not the hair you already

I Heard of the idiom that a guy gets so traumatized, they "Get a grey hair", but I didn't know this anime took it to THAT kind of extreme!

If you've ever bashed a finger or toe hard enough, the nail will turn purple, maybe even black, depending on how bad it is.  Jason was torturing the hell out of Kaneki's fingers and toes.  I didn't even notice the "eyeliner."  That could maybe be from sleep deprivation, or part of the transformation.  As for the white hair, I thought that was pretty obvious it was from the Super Ghoul transformation.  Why are people assuming it's from torture?  The whisp of white hair we saw at the end of the episode before the season finale was to hint at the transformation, which happened while he was out and was subtle.