UnevenEdge

The new server is set up and ready

K_N

It has about 10x the resources this one does. I'll be freezing the boards and moving everything in about 24 hours.

For some people it could take up to 72 hours for the domain to redirect correctly, so you may see a white page with a redirect link until then.

If we have any load problems after the server move I'll have to look into changing up the software from SMF again, but I don't really anticipate that.

No prob my dude.

I've been meaning to move all my little servers into one big one for a while.

Sounds nice.

I've been consolidating all my backed up files from different thumb drives this week. Tedious and I know there has to be a better way, but it kills times. :D

Does this mean the transition to IPB has been shelved?

We were trying out IPB but it really didn't have the featureset we wanted. There was a lot of stuff missing that we take for granted on SMF.

I could have developed it and written plugins but I really don't have that kind of time with my current day job.

Sounds nice.

I've been consolidating all my backed up files from different thumb drives this week. Tedious and I know there has to be a better way, but it kills times. :D

Look into an NAS if you have the money. They're a godsend for archival purposes.

Look into an NAS if you have the money. They're a godsend for archival purposes.

I've been thinking of using a cloud back-up like iDrive. The biggest issue is that I am going through the files to determine if I should keep them or not, it is really more of a "you have some time so go do what you've been indolent about" sort of project.  >:D

Wasn't this supposed to happen like a month ago?

Yes, but the place I was colocating the server wanted a several thousand dollar deposit.

I'm OK with spending a couple hundred a month but I'm not sacrificing my new 80" TV for you guys.