UnevenEdge

The Man In The High Castle

Master-Debater131

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle_(TV_series)

Set in a future where teh Axis won WWII after dropping a nuclear bomb on Washington DC the series follows people who find themselves caught up in a resistance movement as well as Nazi and Imperial Japanese officers fighting the resistance while also having a very serious Sci-Fi bend to it. 

It is only available through Amazon Prime. 

Season 1 came out last year and Season 2 came out yesterday.

Im 3 episodes into the 2nd season and wow.  They really figured some stuff out.  Its freaking great.

Anyone else watching this?

I just finished Season 2

It.....was amazing.  No other way to put it. I wont spoil it but you need to watch it.

I do know what you mean though. I was hesitant to start it, then couldnt stop at all once I started watching it.

I'll probably  binge it tonight

I planned on watching it all in one session, but I've barely been able to get 3 episodes in...I like where the show is headed, but I saw some of it coming...

ofcourse they were going to try to take her out after she let him go...what was she thinking...and that Nazi doctor had to be mentally deficient to think that guy wasn't going to kill him to save his son for even a little while longer...

I planned on watching it all in one session, but I've barely been able to get 3 episodes in...I like where the show is headed, but I saw some of it coming...

ofcourse they were going to try to take her out after she let him go...what was she thinking...and that Nazi doctor had to be mentally deficient to think that guy wasn't going to kill him to save his son for even a little while longer...

Yes and No.  He thought he could trust what was supposed to be someone 100% behind the Nazi system of eradicating people with diseases.  Cant blame the Dr for thinking that the head of the US Nazi Reich would follow orders.  I honestly thought he was going to kill his kid at the lake though.  That scene had me on the edge of my chair waiting for it to happen. 

I'm up to episode 5 now and I got a question...just curious...

From your perspective, why do you think Hitler was so horrified upon watching San Fran get leveled in the film?

Honestly im not sure.  Its kind of crazy though when you think of it.  The only thing I can think of is that after they nuked DC Hitler really didnt want to use those weapons ever again.  That doesnt match the Real Hitler, but it might match alternate reality Hitler.  The other idea is that Hitler had been trying his best to avoid another war that would cost him more of his people.  The idea is that post-war Hitler turned into more of a protector of his people rather than warmonger.  In this case he realized that Nuking SF would start another major war that would likely result in millions of his people dying.  Really its one of the big questions that came out of the entire season, and theres no good answer for it.  Maybe Hitler had seen a film where he dies if SF gets leveled, which sets him off. 

Oh I freaking know.

2nd season spoilers below

What hte fuck is going to happen now?

S2 ended with Thomas giving himself up to the medical police knowing they are going to kill him.

John Smith is in Berlin basically taking over the place with Himmler acting as the voice of reason(how fucked is that statement?)

Joe, and his dad, have been arrested and probably face some form of serious punishment.  John might save Joe, and I expect him to because of MC Armor, but then what?  Do they form some sort of alliance to make the Reich a better place or does Joe go full blown resistance?

And who the fuck is John for that matter? 

Juliana is....I have no idea anymore.  Shes with her sister after stopping the nuking of San Francisco(with the help of Tagomi) and has met TMITHC(who is beyond crazy).

Frank, I dunno whats going to happen with him.

Tagomi is now squarely in the middle of this thing with the ability to shift between world.  he had that huge box of films delivered to him which you can bet is going to start a ton of crap in S3.

Now some theories on John Smith

There are 2 theories I have about him.'

1. He was a Nazi spy during the war.  When they nuked DC he was well outside the blast radius. His wife even mentioned that he was "late for a meeting" yet John didnt seem to give a damn.  When the bomb did drop he was very quick to say "The Nazis just hit DC" and acted as if he knew this was coming.  This could also explain how he was able to rise the ranks so quickly post-war.  He ran the concentration camps but all of these are positions he couldnt have gotten if he wasnt trusted by the higherups in the SS.

2. John is a leader in the resistance.  I say this because he was a US Military Officer and Ide like to think he wouldnt truely give up on the US.  At the end of S2 he mentiones to his subordinates to not allow the SS to "destroy one of our cities".  In Season 1 one of the captured resistance guys also says he has a "halo" and is an "angel" when he is tripping balls.  Im not sure they would use words like that without having some meaning.  He could be super-deep-cover trying to fight the Nazis and protect Americans the best he can.  His reaction to the nuking is also explained here because he knew something was coming thanks to US Intel but wasnt sure what.  So he moved his family well clear of DC to be 100% safe already preparing to start the next war

Thoughts?