UnevenEdge

Generalizing weather patterns based on (anecdotal) observations

Rumb0

Does anyone here make sweeping claims on weather occurrences based on personal experiences?

For example, I noticed that the 5th year of a decade tends to produce the most rainfall, or the 4th year in a decade tends to have more hot days on record. Of course, most of my observations are limited to my surroundings; observations could be different based on your immediate surroundings.

Either that or I might be crazy.

If I'm sleeping, the probability of a weather-related power outage jumps about twenty percent.

I was going to bump your thread because I had no power last night from about 6pm to 4am. My phone died so I read a short story collection by candlelight, it sucked shit.

I was going to bump your thread because I had no power last night from about 6pm to 4am. My phone died so I read a short story collection by candlelight, it sucked shit.

Yeah that Tropical Storm Cindy was a real doozy, eh?

Hurricane Rita came through back in '05 and it was still at tropical storm strength so that was something to behold, I'd never had that before.

Surprisingly enough it didn't knock the power out but half the town flooded.

Summer days will either be the driest droughts and torrential downpour; there's barely ever an in-between.

Hurricane season starts early, but the months you have to watch out for are August and September. Hurricanes that steer towards the US tend to happen while classes are back in session.

Ever since around 2011-2012, winter here only starts to get cold around January-February.