UnevenEdge

E3 2017

DBZ4ever

As a Nintendo-only gamer/3DS owner with no Switch plans in my future my E3 may as well have been earlier this week. A new Pokemon announced and Etrian Odyssey V plus the Radiant Historia remake finally getting Western release dates. Pretty good for a system running out of time. That plus the backlog of older games I've yet to play is pretty much all I'm interested in video game-wise. Well...I guess there's still Dragon Quest XI too, but I don't see that getting announced for the West anytime soon. I suspect their actual E3 stuff...which is on Tuesday I think? will just be Switch focused, which is understandable.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a new Mega Man game. 

They've releaesed Legacy Collection 1 and 2 is now is development.  And Capcom said they were going to start reviving their classic series.

I'd love Legends 3 to get rebooted (as long as they abandon the train wreck they were on with the whole "Barret and The Bright Bats" thing).  But I'm not holding my breath.

Day 1 I guess....EA.

All the usual stuff; sports, racing game, sports, a new IP from Bioware more to come on that at xbox conference apparently, sports, Star Wars...kind of excited about this one but we will have to wait and see.

Overall about what you would expect from EA. Kinda boring but some nice things in there.

Pretty exciting stuff today.

Dragon Ball FighterZ looks amazing. I was not expecting an Ori Sequel but I was very happy to see it. The first was very good. Cuphead got a release date finally, and the new Assassin's Creed is more interesting to me than I thought it would be. I am also somewhat interested in Anthem as well but I'll wait until I see more of it. Last of all for me Wolfenstein 2 looks as crazy and fun as the first one was and it is coming this October.

I hear that Dissidia Arcade will finally be on consoles, but it'll be disappointing if it's just the PSP cast with only a couple new guys.

At this point, I think there are fewer characters than there were in Duodecim. They've been adding characters to the arcade version since release, so I imagine that will be paid DLC for the console version.

Guest squirrelygod

I keep seeing people freaking out about the 3v3 DBZ Fighter Z matches. Not knocking it, but even ignoring stuff like MvC, even DBZ has done that system before in its games with Dragonball Z Legends back in the 90s. May rent Fighter Z at some point, regardless.

The main hype for DBZ Fighterz, that I'm seeing, is that it's made by Arc System Works. Guilty Gear and Blazblue are solid fighters, so I know I'm excited to see if they can maintain the quality given a licensed IP.

The main hype for DBZ Fighterz, that I'm seeing, is that it's made by Arc System Works. Guilty Gear and Blazblue are solid fighters, so I know I'm excited to see if they can maintain the quality given a licensed IP.

They did well with Persona 4 Arena so I think this will be good as well.

• 1 month later...

It’s nice to know that Sony recognizes that they know people like their old franchises and are attempting to pump more money out of them by doing the old games again (vis a vis Crash Bandicoot). Still, their dragging their heels on backward compatibility again is killing their own potential. I get that they want you to have their latest and greatest, but their old stuff was their best content ever.

Microsoft figured that out, and allows for upscale and backwards compatibility. Because they blew their load on the 360.

Nintendo......needs to just give up trying to mix console and either touchscreen or mobile device. They need to get back to basics. It seems to me that they are allergic to money. Every time a great idea that their customers LOVE (vis a vis NES Classic release), they put it out, then realize they can’t keep up with demand, then stop, because they don’t want to keep making money. They think “new” means “better”.

EA......is now not the most evil game developer......so that’s an improvement.

Bethesda.....okay. You’re doing well. Nothing new to add here. Good job.

Ubisoft......we need to talk. You did great with the new Assassin’s Creed Origins. It looks fantastic. The RPG bullshit, however, needs to go. Assassin’s Creed never needed that. Period. You’re fucking up your beloved franchises one by one, Ubisoft. The hemorrhaging should’ve stopped, but you are just injecting EDTA into your blood stream, and you’re going to bleed out.