UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 Episode #21 Discussion!

You're up against Full Frontal!  Ppbbbbbffffffft HAHAHAHAHAHA

Are we really giving Riddhe a second chance after all his bullshit?

Where did Full Frontal get that giant suit?

Why the hell are you feeling sorry for Riddhe?

Now what's going on?  Flashback?  Time travel?  No,  they're more like observers.

Light in the darkness... oof.

Eh?  More Newtype ghosts.

Well, that was anticlimatic.  Damn you and your rational plan Full Frontal!

What the fuck just happened?  Frontal took off with those other 2 ghosts.  One looked like Char but I have no idea who the hell that girl was.

Why are you doing this?  Good question, which you could ask of a lot of characters in this show.  Lots of questionable and nonsensical, or just plain nonexistent  character motivations.

Fat guy finally develops a conscious.  Too little too late.

So I take it Riddhe is related to president man.  I remember him being from some important family or something.

You should have mentioned that BEFORE they activated the death beam, fat man!

What the fuck just happened?  Frontal took off with those other 2 ghosts.  One looked like Char but I have no idea who the hell that girl was.

Fat guy finally develops a conscious.  Too little too late.

So I take it Riddhe is related to president man.  I remember him being from some important family or something.

Yeah, this bit is not new viewer friendly. The other ghost is an important character from the first Mobile Suit Gundam series named Lalah Sune if you;re curious enough to read up on her in the wiki.

Yep, you suck Alberto.

His son. Talk about a big "you fucked up" for Ricardo Marcenas.

Yeah, this bit is not new viewer friendly. The other ghost is an important character from the first Mobile Suit Gundam series named Lalah Sune if you;re curious enough to read up on her in the wiki.

Yep, you suck Alberto.

Was mentioned in one of the lighter-on-action story development-heavy episodes, #10 I believe. He is actually in the Marcenas family.

Was mentioned in one of the lighter-on-action story development-heavy episodes, #10 I believe. He is actually in the Marcenas family.

Yeah, I think it might have been around when he returns home with Mineva/Audrey.

As for the other, I don't think Lalah Sune is ever referenced in previous episodes, not that she would be since her connection comes from the original Gundam series.

Yep, you suck Alberto.

They didn't show Char's face either for some stupid reason so if you didn't know who he was that part would be easy to miss too.  I at least saw parts of the original series plus Char's Counterattack, but I don't remember this girl.  That's a pretty unique character design too.  So does Full Frontal know them or something?  Because that's how it came across.  Because I'm pretty sure Frontal was not in the original series.

Hahahahahaaha wow.

Yeah, I think it might have been around when he returns home with Mineva/Audrey.

As for the other, I don't think Lalah Sune is ever referenced in previous episodes, not that she would be since her connection comes from the original Gundam series.

Which is probably not the best way to go about making your show.  I mean, it's fine for something that doesn't matter, like that Amuro picture, but stuff like this?

If you want to go to lengths to include connections and fan service, etc, for long time/hardcore fans, that's fine, but it should be stuff comes as a bonus for those people and you don't have to know it if you aren't as familiar with the universe, to get important things about the show.

Which is probably not the best way to go about making your show.  I mean, it's fine for something that doesn't matter, like that Amuro picture, but stuff like this?

If you want to go to lengths to include connections and fan service, etc, for long time/hardcore fans, that's fine, but it should be stuff comes as a bonus for those people and you don't have to know it if you aren't as familiar with the universe, to get important things about the show.

I don't really see Lalah Sune and the "real" Char's ghosts as being much more than cameos! At least not after Syam Vist said to Full Frontal "you are truly a ghost!" He could just as easily have met his end in the conflict by a huge laser blast by the Unicorn and gone away a ghost. Bright Noa may have been recurring but there was enough in Unicorn about his character to get a feel for it even if you didn't know who Bright Noa was (like me).

tumblr_oqzx910Yzk1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

The thing is, Full Frontal WAS the big bad, so NOW who's the major point of conflict in Episode 22? I remember there being another battle or two, but this might have been the climax.

I don't really see Lalah Sune and the "real" Char's ghosts as being much more than cameos! At least not after Syam Vist said to Full Frontal "you are truly a ghost!" He could just as easily have met his end in the conflict by a huge laser blast by the Unicorn and gone away a ghost. Bright Noa may have been recurring but there was enough in Unicorn about his character to get a feel for it even if you didn't know who Bright Noa was (like me).

tumblr_oqzx910Yzk1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

The thing is, Full Frontal WAS the big bad, so NOW who's the major point of conflict in Episode 22? I remember there being another battle or two, but this might have been the climax.

Obviously cameos yes but the show made a point of drawing attention to it, and like you said, Full Frontal was the main antagonist, so his death is obviously going to be closely looked at by viewers.  This is why I was asking wtf was up with those ghosts.  I agree with you about Bright Noa, though.  He was established well here.

Probably an epilogue episode, though it's probably not going to be enough to wrap up all this stuff.  We'll see.  Also, there's still the matter of the giant death beam the President authorized.  I hope Riddhe's bullshit doesn't gets swept under the rug, at least.  Plenty of other characters that need their just desserts as well (don't know their names).  Not sure if this can all happen with just one more episode, but I'm not exactly sad that tomorrow is the last episode, either.