UnevenEdge

You know what I don't understand?

pail

Most games it's better to use a Mouse and Keyboard, but there are also a lot that benefit from a controller like fighting games. Really aside from games where you need more than 4 hotkeys or an fps; a controller is pretty acceptable.  AAA Games today are made with consoles in mind first. The mechanics are optimized for a controller so it makes sense. The Witcher 3 and Dark Souls had this issue where it's nearly impossible to play with a keyboard and mouse.

I feel like this is just a bad troll attempt but I'll bite anyway.

M&K is best for precision aiming.  So it's ideal for games like Bioshock, Call of Duty or Overwatch.  I'll use a controller if I'm playing something on an emulator like Mario Kart or Breath of the Wild.  Controllers are better for racing games.  Any PC gamer will tell you that.  You can even switch on the go while playing GTA V.

PC is about choice.  I choose what I want to use.  I choose what games I want to play.  I choose how I want to mod my games.  I choose to play with better graphics and frame rates.  When you buy a console, you are limited to what that company wants you to play, how to play it and the settings are restricted because Consoles in the last few years have basically been low end to mid range PCs.  And mods?  Forget it.  Only a couple of games support them and there's a limit to how many mods you can use. 

Lastly the catalog of games for PC is massive because you can play the older games as well as the new.  Not to mention all of the exclusives.

Only the super high end PCs require a lot of money and nobody needs that unless they are video editing.  You can build a system that can play new games on Ultra for a few hundred.  I know that sounds like a lot but consider the costs of extra controllers, the  price of games and the subscription you have to pay for if you want to play online.  Why the fuck would I pay money to use the thing I'm already paying money for?  I rarely pay over 20 bucks on a single game thanks to sales and the fact that and games are generally cheaper on PC.  At least they drop in price faster.  Like I just picked up Mankind Divided for 15 bucks a couple of weeks ago.

In other words, the money you save on not paying $60 or more dollars per game, not paying a subscription and not buying stupidly priced controllers can get you a nice rig that will last for several generations of games without having to switch out any parts.

half the time those comments are a joke, though, right?

but on the other hand those complaints are made because they cant aim with analog sticks...and people are suddenly sticklers about frames.

so the console v. pc thing is a weird argument, really.