UnevenEdge

One Piece Episode 372 Discussion

StarPanda

it's hard to have a kitchen without any traces of salt i would imagine but i do wonder what he was like before he got the shadow shadow fruit since i doubt he was ever a human

Yeah.  And some food is pretty much inedible without salt!  People got paid with salt in Roman times, after all, and for good reason! 

Maybe not human. Moria does look like a vampire.  But with those stitches... I'm betting he was modified by Hogback.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.  And some food is pretty much inedible without salt!  People got paid with salt in Roman times, after all, and for good reason! 

Maybe not human. Moria does look like a vampire.  But with those stitches... I'm betting he was modified by Hogback.

i guess we'll never know of Moria's true past

It's Frankenstein Monster vs. Frankenstein Monster!

Hahaha whipping Oars back and forth by his hair!

Why are these pirates so hideous?!

Be human again?!  You don't even look human!

Sunlight is minutes away.  I imagine now is when we go into anime time.  ;) Namek in 5 minutes, the bomb in Alabasta, Ichigo's 11 second mask, heh.

Luffy with a sword!  This is epic!  8)

to some extent i believe if 4Kids had never gotten involved with One Piece  many of us wouldn't be watching this right now

I actually have a small ammount of respect for 4kids dub for that very reason

the show only exists in this country because of them

the fanbase it had under 4kids, is the only reason it has one under Funi, and I'm gratefull for that

Maybe there can be an X rated art thread that can be made on these forms

if there is I'll post my art in it, I want to, but my some of my adult art is very "tentacle urethra rape" level fucked up so I'm afraid people will think it's disgusting

Moria was beaten and he never even fought anyone directly. x_x

Like I said, it may not be over with Kuma around. He spoke with Moria and it seems like he works with the Marines, who are natural enemies of the Straw Hat Pirates.

Or Moria could turn into some "Super Satan" thing for all we know. It wouldn't be the first time Oda pulled something like that.

FUNi would have picked up the license if 4Kids didnt, so thanking them is pointless - the show would have made itself over regardless... and in better form.

but how long would it have taken them is the question and where would it be?

i doubt dumping on any random network would have done any better

if there is I'll post my art in it, I want to, but my some of my adult art is very "tentacle urethra rape" level fucked up so I'm afraid people will think it's disgusting

Well the thread would just have a XXX warning and every image inside the thread will be spoiler marked and maybe could contain a description so anyone interested would know what they are getting into. Those not interested or those who may be grossed out I guess would just not go into it 

I actually have a small ammount of respect for 4kids dub for that very reason

the show only exists in this country because of them

the fanbase it had under 4kids, is the only reason it has one under Funi, and I'm gratefull for that

same....sure it had it's flaws and wasn't perfect but it still brought one piece to us

we can talk about the possibilities of funimation picking up one piece regardless of 4Kids Involvement but the fact remains that One Piece got it's start thanks to it being forced upon 4 Kids in The USA

FUNi would have picked up the license if 4Kids didnt, so thanking them is pointless - the show would have made itself over regardless... and in better form.

Sketchor seems to think the early dubbed episodes would be subpar and we'd be stuck with lame terms for things under early Funimation that would stick 'til now.  Meh, Funi even back then was miles beyond what we'd get from 4Kids just in terms of dub quality, and they were already doing their uncut DBZ tapes with edgier language and all the violence and sexual content still in.  I personally never had a problem with early Funimation.  I know they were complained about quite a bit back then, but I've always supported them.  And you're right, the show would've been handled much better by them.  So I'm not sure the argument of the shitty dub by 4Kids forced a better one later is much of an argument or consolation.  Maybe One Piece would still have a ceiling on its popularity, simply because it's silliness and light-heartedness doesn't appeal to a good portion of the audience, but it'd certainly better off than it is now?

same....sure it had it's flaws and wasn't perfect but it still brought one piece to us

we can talk about the possibilities of funimation picking up one piece regardless of 4Kids Involvement but the fact remains that One Piece got it's start thanks to it being forced upon 4 Kids in The USA

not to mention not all of 4kids dubs were bad

Pokemon, Yugioh, Shaman King, Kirby RIght Back At ya', and Magical Doremi were all excelent dubs

where they failed was trying to dub more "borderline seinen" shonen anime like One Piece

Sketchor seems to think the early dubbed episodes would be subpar and we'd be stuck with lame terms for things under early Funimation that would stick 'til now.  Meh, Funi even back then was miles beyond what we'd get from 4Kids just in terms of dub quality, and they were already doing their uncut DBZ tapes with edgier language and all the violence and sexual content still in.  I personally never had a problem with early Funimation.  I know they were complained about quite a bit back then, but I've always supported them.  And you're right, the show would've been handled much better by them.  So I'm not sure the argument of the shitty dub by 4Kids forced a better one later is much of an argument or consolation.  Maybe One Piece would still have a ceiling on its popularity, simply because it's silliness and light-heartedness doesn't appeal to a good portion of the audience, but it'd certainly better off than it is now?

it would have gotten lost in limbo regardless like it has now

Like I said, it may not be over with Kuma around. He spoke with Moria and it seems like he works with the Marines, who are natural enemies of the Straw Hat Pirates.

Or Moria could turn into some "Super Satan" thing for all we know. It wouldn't be the first time Oda pulled something like that.

Don't suppose there's any chance that was Moria's Shadow Doppelganger again?  Moria can't free all the shadows if he's unconscious, either.  So, Luffy would either have to slap him back awake, or kill him?  Luffy already passed out, though!  And yeah obviously Kuma will be a factor.  The Straw Hats are going to have to get out of dodge, regardless.  But it sure was nice of Perona to bring all the food (some of which was the Straw Hats!) and treasure to the Sunny! :D

You're right, that is disgusting.  And I don't think we can post full-on xxx stuff here.

You're right, that is disgusting.  And I don't think we can post full-on xxx stuff here.

seriously mochi what the hell is wrong with you?.....some people doodle their favorite characters for fun

but you doodle stuff like Penis Monsters Raping your favorite characters

or your favorite male character with a vagina making out with your favorite female character with a penis

it's disappointing that after this...We're surely going to have a far less interesting antagonist

Unless we go right to Kuma?  He seems pretty cool.  Straw Hats probably won't fight him now, though, since they're going to need to recover.  Of course, Blackbeard and plenty of other ne'er-do-wells in the One Piece universe are still floating around.  Mihawk and Aokiji are still out there, but I'm unsure of if I would consider them "evil", per se.  Definitely antagonists, though.

seriously mochi what the hell is wrong with you?.....some people doodle their favorite characters for fun

but you doodle stuff like Penis Monsters Raping your favorite characters

or your favorite male character with a vagina making out with your favorite female character with a penis

who are you to judge me?, it's not like I posted it here

(in fact I straight up said I wasn't going to because I didn't want to gross people out)

How's it lost in limbo? Because it airs late on Toonami? Which already airs late?

You people...

Sure, One Piece isn't DBZ or Naruto big. But it's doing well. The latest movie was brought over quickly and is even being given a limited theatrical release in the states with a surprising amount of theaters showing it.

The DVDs have made it to the timeskip (over 500 episodes in) and have no intention to stop.

DVDs are sold in stores like Walmart and Best Buy, which only sell the titles that actually sell.

There's absolutely no reason to believe OP is failing or in "limbo" in the states anymore.

How's it lost in limbo? Because it airs late on Toonami? Which already airs late?

You people...

Sure, One Piece isn't DBZ or Naruto big. But it's doing well. The latest movie was brought over quickly and is even being given a limited theatrical release in the states with a surprising amount of theaters showing it.

The DVDs have made it to the timeskip (over 500 episodes in) and have no intention to stop.

DVDs are sold in stores like Walmart and Best Buy, which only sell the titles that actually sell.

There's absolutely no reason to believe OP is failing or in "limbo" in the states anymore.

it was lost in limbo after it Left 4Kids and again after toonami got canned the first time which means there's a lot of catching up to do

who are you to judge me?, it's not like I posted it here

(in fact I straight up said I wasn't going to because I didn't want to gross people out)

You still described it in detail, which grosses people out.  Saying "my art is fucked up" or something would have sufficed.

wow....Only one theater in all of texas is showing One Piece Gold Next Month

San Angelo  Not Austin Not Houston Not Even Dallas  But San Angelo?!  what the hell? that's not a major city

San Angelo, really?  Austin would be closest for me.  I probably couldn't even see it if even if I wanted to!