UnevenEdge

One Piece Episode 372 Discussion

StarPanda

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's it lost in limbo? Because it airs late on Toonami? Which already airs late?

You people...

Sure, One Piece isn't DBZ or Naruto big. But it's doing well. The latest movie was brought over quickly and is even being given a limited theatrical release in the states with a surprising amount of theaters showing it.

The DVDs have made it to the timeskip (over 500 episodes in) and have no intention to stop.

DVDs are sold in stores like Walmart and Best Buy, which only sell the titles that actually sell.

There's absolutely no reason to believe OP is failing or in "limbo" in the states anymore.

BUT JUST THINK OF WHAT ONE PIECE'S TRUE POWER COULD BE MOOSE!!!!

Also, I find it funny that you're on other other side of the argument with this now.  Used to be you were always emo-ly kicking the can down the road, bemoaning One Piece's lack of greatness in America.  But yeah, I'm glad it's doing as well as it is.  I won't have to worry about the rest of the episodes being dubbed, at least.  The voice actors living to finish voicing their roles, on the other hand...  ;D

You still described it in detail, which grosses people out.  Saying "my art is fucked up" or something would have sufficed.

tch, unlike the ASMB all of the users here are assumed to be adults, are you that homophobic and transphobic that I can't even talk about Gay erotica without you getting all upset?

it was lost in limbo after it Left 4Kids and again after toonami got canned the first time which means there's a lot of catching up to do

True.  How far would the dub be on TV now if it had never gotten cancelled?  Hell, the dub in general would probably be much further along  One Piece isn't in the ideal situation here.  But, it could be off much worse!  Like Detective Conan.

Just checked.

There's like 6 places showing Film Gold in or near Austin Texas alone.

You have to put either the zipcode or the city/state for FUNi's map to work. For some reason it glitches up and only shows one city if you put only the state.

tch, unlike the ASMB all of the users here are assumed to be adults, are you that homophobic and transphobic that I can't even talk about Gay erotica without you getting all upset?

Which means adults want to watch you reenact The Aristocrats Joke with anime characters?  Because being grossed out by "tentacle urethra rape" clearly makes me homophobic and transphobic.  ::) Don't act like the shit you draw is the garden variety "gay erotica."  (which still doesn't need to be capitalized)

San Angelo, really?  Austin would be closest for me.  I probably couldn't even see it if even if I wanted to!

yeah i just checked the website and San Angelo is the only place showing it in texas

why the hell is this always the case? It's always some random city that gets to see these films

http://www.funimationfilms.com/movie/onepiecegold/

Just checked.

You have to put either the zipcode or the city/state for FUNi's map to work. For some reason it glitches up and only shows one city if you put only the state.

I didn't put anything in.  Was just going off what CountFrylock said.  Like I said, I probably won't go see it anyway, since I'm not current.

yeah i just checked the website and San Angelo is the only place showing it in texas

why the hell is this always the case? It's always some random city that gets to see these films

http://www.funimationfilms.com/movie/onepiecegold/

GODDAMMIT MAN. LISTEN TO ME.

You're not using the locator right.

Either put your zipcode or put your city/state.

DO NOT ONLY PUT THE STATE, IT WONT WORK

Alot of places are showing it in Texas.

Just checked.

wow that's bullshit and even with that in mind  the closet theater is 19  Miles Away which is further than i can go for a movie

why are there so many showings just for Dallas Alone? i was surprised when i couldn't see it at first now I'm shocked it's getting more love than anywhere else in texas

Still No Austin Or San Antonio Or Houston which again is bizarre

GODDAMMIT MAN. LISTEN TO ME.

You're not using the locator right.

Either put your zipcode or put your city/state.

DO NOT ONLY PUT THE STATE, IT WONT WORK

Alot of places are showing it in Texas.

sorry I was in the middle of that post before yours came up....anyways yeah there's plenty of places showing it but nowhere near me and if you exclude dallas  that eliminates half of the showings

True.  How far would the dub be on TV now if it had never gotten cancelled?  Hell, the dub in general would probably be much further along  One Piece isn't in the ideal situation here.  But, it could be off much worse!  Like Detective Conan.

it also would probably be seen as more than just that shonen anime that constantly gets overlooked in favor of more DBZ praising

For example, Houston has like 7 places showing it alone.

San Antonio. 7 places.

Austin. 4.

Like, seriously, Texas is FULL of showings. I'm looking at the screen right now. Where do you live in Teas, because according to this map, I find it hard to believe you don't have a theater showing it near you somewhere.

Oh my god... you're like a child.

Use the damn map right. I just checked all those places and they all have a lot of showings.

I'm not the one calling someone on the internet a child and it isn't my fault the website 's fucked up

okay big whoop they all have showings big whoopy  now i can tell the one piece fans who live there they can see it without hassle(as long as they order in advance and know before hand that the website is glitchy and needs all the info)

For example, Houston has like 7 places showing it alone.

San Antonio. 7 places.

Austin. 4.

Like, seriously, Texas is FULL of showings. I'm looking at the screen right now. Where do you live in Teas, because according to this map, I find it hard to believe you don't have a theater showing it near you somewhere.

A Couple Years Ago I Was Living In Burleson But Now I Live In Alvarado(Things Outside My Control forced that move)and as such i probably shouldn't have expected anything like One Piece Gold to come anywhere near me

i mean when this is the nearest option for movies near your

large.jpg?1398198985

You are basically out of lucl

You're not listening.

And you're being all gloom and doom while spreading false information that the movie isn't airing anywhere when in reality you just can't figure the locator right. Lmao.

So if that's the case, don't you think you should have slowed down and figured it out instead of giving up so easily and crying that the movie won't be airing anywhere? C'mon, dude.

Just putting your zipcode should suffice. That's it.

You're not listening.

And you're being all gloom and doom while spreading false information that the movie isn't airing anywhere when in reality you just can't figure the locator right. Lmao.

So if that's the case, don't you think you should have slowed down and figured it out instead of giving up so easily and crying that the movie won't be airing anywhere? C'mon, dude.

Just putting your zipcode should suffice. That's it.

well when i figured it out right  all it did was show me all the other people who would get to see it instead of me

i did my actual area first and well being in the craphole of the state i wasn't surprised to find nothing

Sigh.... just enter your zipcode and see for yourself. How far is the closest one.

Be honest. Don't just replay "BOO HOO FAR!" because you want a damn pity party.

I'm sure there's one at least 30 mins away from you.

i did and the nearest one is 19 miles away

you try searching Alvarado Texas and seeing what you come up with

Yeah just got that too.

That's not bad. That's like, what, 35 mins away?

I mean, I'd do it. I drive that almost every day anyhoo.

Actually, just did the math, and it's be less than that if you keep a steady 45 miles per hour. More like 25-30 mins.

But.... but I just showed you that it's closer than.... Bah, nevermind.

i guess i live in another dimension or something because Cedar Hill's Apparently 20-30 Minutes Away and yet I Live In The Freaking Wilderness

what sense does that make?  I'd show pictures but  you probably wouldn't believe them anyways

the majority of residents around here are well into their 60's and over it's an oversized retirement home  most homes here don't even have the internet

for having the internet I'm like a god among men here(Iffy Internet since nobody else wants to come down here but eh the price is right)

I'm not trying to make excuses or be doom and gloom now  that's just how it is here and only someone who lives here would know that

the internet doesn't really show much of alvarado except the small shopping complex in town and since i live within a lakehouse that's not close to me

I mostly didn't even look at the TV.

But I mean, I already knew about the character designs, thanks to SOME PEOPLE.

Well, to be fair, avoiding post-timeskip OP stuff on the internet (at least when it comes to designs) would be pretty hard given that thats all the current art-work you'll see when the series is being promoted in any way. FUNimation just released the last pre-timeskip DVD today I believe, so we'll probably hit the time-skip officially later next year.

Of course, that didn't stop them from dubbing Film Z or Film Gold, which both take place after the time-skip.

And of course, Toonami still has to finish Thriller Bark. We'll be entering a series of arcs though that change up the usual OP arc formula, though, so that's something to look forward to.

Well, to be fair, avoiding post-timeskip OP stuff on the internet (at least when it comes to designs) would be pretty hard given that thats all the current art-work you'll see when the series is being promoted in any way. FUNimation just released the last pre-timeskip DVD today I believe, so we'll probably hit the time-skip officially later next year.

Of course, that didn't stop them from dubbing Film Z or Film Gold, which both take place after the time-skip.

And of course, Toonami still has to finish Thriller Bark. We'll be entering a series of arcs though that change up the usual OP arc formula, though, so that's something to look forward to.

Not just that, but somebody posted a picture of a poster on an outside wall of a building in Japan depicting the current crew sitting around a campfire.  This was back on the Lithium boards and before either character had either debuted, so I got massive spoilers!  Of course, people have been posting character design spoilers like crazy, as well.  I don't Google, Youtube, or do anything else with One Piece online, due to the danger of spoilers.  This makes it difficult for me to look up information on the series, among other things.  I don't go on Funimation's site much, either.  Don't have much use for ANN in general, aside from the encyclopedia, honestly.  So, it's not much of an issue for me if people remember to control themselves and be considerate. 

Thanks to my self-imposed media blackout on One Piece, some of the spoilers I have are from watching videos about the series from when it was in limbo and I thought I'd never get back into it, and stupidly clicking a spoiler tag in a character's fan club.

I already know that Whitebeard and Ace are going to die, respectively. -_-

All the other spoilers aren't my fault and come from people not keeping their traps shut, and posting spoiler pictures and videos.

Really?  Change up the formula?  Could be... interesting?  It's always been buffer arc -> big arc -> buffer arc, ever since Alabasta, pretty much.  Gotta say I don't feel like all the arcs need to be so long.  The pre-Alabasta stuff was done well and I wouldn't mind a return to form of having brisker arcs sometimes.  As you know, less can be more.  It doesn't necessarily make it "more epic" because an arc drags on forever.  Though to be honest, I've had no complaints with Thriller Bark and have immensely enjoyed it thus far.  I feel as though One Piece has gotten its groove back and returned to quality not seen since Alabasta.  Hopefully it stays that way from here on out, as far as quality, enjoyment factor and entertainment value, goes, anyway!