UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 138 Discussion

StarPanda

I finally caught up with the past 4 weeks of Naruto.  So, I'm current and watching live tonight!

The show has had nice animation and decent art with these past few episodes, good fight sequences.  Gotta give credit where credit is due.

But the Mangekyo Sharingan, and Sharingan in general has gotten even more retarded.  The KILL YOUR BEST FRIEND thing was already stupid as fuck, but now it makes you go blind, but not if you steal someone's eyes, hur hur!  And Itachi is only losing now because he's going blind, an asspull Kishimoto just now decided to come up with.  But, it's better than more Sasuke hax-whoop, spoke too soon!

Tobi is revealing "his abilities" and actually confronting the heroes... after he already revealed himself to be Madara.  What sort of ass-backwards writing is this?

Syon was unfortunately wrong about us never seeing Sasuke's horrible curse mark form again.

Do Sasuke and Itachi really not notice Beetlejuice Sculpture Man, or do they just not care?

In a world where Orochimaru, Hidan, and Kakuzu can live as long as they feel like, why would you be surprised that Madara is still alive?

Im glad the new toonami promos show some combat in One Piece. i've never been all about fighting, but i alwys resented that toonami promos who badass action for every other series but then show slapstick gags when it comes time t promote One Piece.

also, FUNi ever seems to care about the spoilers they play to promote future One Piece arcs.

a major spoiler was played in front of a crowd at ACen back in May and i was a bit sorry for anyone who was still following along with official releases or toonami episodes exclusively.

Also I'm very disappointed that the pain Sasuke felt at having his eye removed was only an illusion.

And if the Mangekyo Sharingan makes you go blind, why the hell did Itachi use it to fuck with people?  And why did he use it situations where he clearly could've been victorious just by using conventional tactics, or even the regular Sharingan?  This whole IT MAKES YOU GO BLIND asspull really makes Itachi look like an idiot.

Anyway, I'm glad his "real reason" for wiping out all the Uchihas (besides the fact he seemed to hate them) was to steal Sasuke's eyes, and not "ITACHI WAS REALLY THE GOOD GUY ALL ALONG HUR HUR!"  Unless that's still coming... blah.

All these extra special jutsus that happen because UCHIHA UCHIHA UCHIHA UCHIHA UCHIHA UCHIHA UCHIHA!

Even if it's to Sasuke's detriment, this is still obnoxious.  And he had some of his own hax asspulls as well, anyway.

Eh?  Orochimaru's voice?  Is he... still alive?  YES!

Or... Orochimaru is taking over Sasuke, like the Nine Tails takes over Naruto?  But, just his chakra... is he still dead... or....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YES OROCHIMARU IS STILL ALIVE!  AND HE'S MORE EVIL SOUNDING THAN EVER!

ITACHI NOOOOO! STOP IT!

A genjutsu world of drunken stupor...?

This sword comes out of fucking nowhere too.  Of course it's some variant that Orochimaru was looking for that he now gets trapped in.  But, the only punishment is infinite drunkenness?!  How is that a punishment?

Susanoo...

So yeah, I guess Kishimoto thought we were all too stupid to follow along, hence Beetlejuice Sculpture Man there providing exposition.