UnevenEdge

Samurai Jack Memorial Day Weekend Marathon Discussion

So, I'll be taking this week off from here. Enjoy the marathon, and I'll be back next week.

just wanted to pop in to say I had a horrible panic attack tonight and I'm still not 100% sure I even want to bother chatting about Samurai Jack-a-thon

just wanted to pop in to say I had a horrible panic attack tonight and I'm still not 100% sure I even want to bother chatting about Samurai Jack-a-thon

I am not watching the Samurai Jack marathon tonight but I have been on the boards since I got home

I'm really sorry to hear Mochi, I hope your feeling better now

Tom's annoyance is justified though breath of the wild garnered more perfect ten scores across the boards of professional gaming critics than any other game for the last couple of years  :o

I saw many 10s. Some referred to it as one of if not the greatest game of all time.  Maybe it's over hyped but I'm def curious. I'll stick to my retro indie PS4 games for now.

as nightmarish as Aku's future was

I'm kinda sad about the implication that the fantastic creatures Jack met in Aku's world (like the Woolies and the dog men) will never exist in the good timeline S:

the dark Hyrule Aku created was fun

in the good timeline the implication is that their world will just be an ordinary earth with only humans and no magical creatures

I'm not surprised the marathon hasn't even reached a 2nd page (by my settings).

I only stopped by because I finally finished the new season of MST3K and am now just wandering around. 

I'm sure that if they were airing new episodes on Toonami tonight, we'd get pretty much the same ratings.

I wonder if it's because it just ended last week or not with no breather in between?

Some of the other marathons seemed to generate some chatter.

Def a little surprised. It's rarely been this  dead.

One thing I am interested in after rewatching some of these episodes is the brilliance of the music in this final season.  Not saying the other seasons had bad music, it was all good, but I think with this final season they went all-out with a good soundtrack.

So does anybody know if a CD is being made?  Because I would definitely buy the soundtrack for this but I can't find anything online.

One thing I am interested in after rewatching some of these episodes is the brilliance of the music in this final season.  Not saying the other seasons had bad music, it was all good, but I think with this final season they went all-out with a good soundtrack.

So does anybody know if a CD is being made?  Because I would definitely buy the soundtrack for this but I can't find anything online.

Yeah. the OST of this is absolutely amazing.

I am sort of watching the marathon because I have not seen all of the new episodes. Sadly, I never completed watching the original airing either.

Yeah the music was great

Yeah. It feels weird.

Even at least some praising or complaining about certain episodes rather than reactions and commentary.

Haha definitely. I'm still surprised we barely missed a beat after they shut the official ASMB down.

Haha definitely. I'm still surprised we barely missed a beat after they shut the official ASMB down.

All props to Admin[/member]  for promoting this site before the final reckoning.  I was still around after the main boards got shut down but the Dev Boards were still up.  It was...remember that Futurama episode that parodied 2012?  When, after reaching Mars, Zoidberg remarks to Leela that Earth is still as serene and blue as can be, but then we cut to Earth and it's total riot mode with everyone going ballistic and the sky blood red.  Yeah, Earth was the Dev Boards.

I still remember trying to get ahold of certain people in that chaos and trying to get them to evacuate to UE.

Are the [as] Dev Boards even still up?  I would have to assume it got taken down by this point.  If not, I cannot imagine a greater hive of scum and villany and Drumpf votes.

I certainly hope a CD of some kind is coming out at some point

As of this moment I don't believe any of the Samurai Jack's seasons have had a soundtrack release

Yeah! It's great, I'm really glad we were able to find our way here. That sudden shutdown was just brutal withdrawal.

I really need to watch John Wick 2. Did it drop on Blueray yet?

Not yet. June 13.

Breath of the Wild review!

Man, have I got hang-ups with that game.  Not really with the game itself but more that Nintendo chose to go the open-world system for the game.  I HATE those type of games.  Too much wandering, too much uninteresting side quests, too much item quests (900 Korok seeds, seriously?)  I never remember wishing Nintendo would reinvent the Zelda series as it was still a perfect series.  They lessened it in my eyes.  They lowered Nintendo's top franchise to the level of Bethesda's top franchise.  And neither of those should be mentioned in the same sentence.

All props to Luuv for promoting this site before the final reckoning.  I was still around after the main boards got shut down but the Dev Boards were still up.  It was...remember that Futurama episode that parodied 2012?  When, after reaching Mars, Zoidberg remarks to Leela that Earth is still as serene and blue as can be, but then we cut to Earth and it's total riot mode with everyone going ballistic and the sky blood red.  Yeah, Earth was the Dev Boards.

I still remember trying to get ahold of certain people in that chaos and trying to get them to evacuate to UE.

Are the [as] Dev Boards even still up?  I would have to assume it got taken down by this point.  If not, I cannot imagine a greater hive of scum and villany and Drumpf votes.

Oh man the Dev Boards

giphy.gif

But seriously Luuv did a great job with the transition of us from the ASMB to UE, I still remember when I read that first PM from him about the invitation to this brand new message board he had created 

All props to Luuv for promoting this site before the final reckoning.  I was still around after the main boards got shut down but the Dev Boards were still up.  It was...remember that Futurama episode that parodied 2012?  When, after reaching Mars, Zoidberg remarks to Leela that Earth is still as serene and blue as can be, but then we cut to Earth and it's total riot mode with everyone going ballistic and the sky blood red.  Yeah, Earth was the Dev Boards.

Sounds crazy. I wasn't active very much outside of Saturday nights, so I just showed up 1 night and they were gone. I spent a good hour scratching my head wondering what I was doing wrong. If you accessed the message board link a certain way you could still see remnants of the board, so I kept thinking it was just maintenance or something.

The dev board must have been a shit show and yeah  I would imagine a yuuuge MAGA circle jerk based on the limited interactions I had with those guys. Good riddance.

Very appreciative for what Luuv did.

An actual Samurai Jack question: was the location of this battle something I should know?  It seems to be a Giant Robot Graveyard.  I admit I never saw all the episodes of the first 4 seasons but was this location seen somewhere in those episodes?

Sounds crazy. I wasn't active very much outside of Saturday nights, so I just showed up 1 night and they were gone. I spent a good hour scratching my head wondering what I was doing wrong. If you accessed the message board link a certain way you could still see remnants of the board, so I kept thinking it was just maintenance or something.

The dev board must have been a shit show and yeah  I would imagine a yuuuge MAGA circle jerk based on the limited interactions I had with those guys. Good riddance.

Very appreciative for what Luuv did.

same here, that night was absolutely nuts my memories of it are basically just a blur, I recall my mind was totally on the suddenly missing boards more than Toonami when it was coming on that night and didn't even pay attention to the TV until I found my way to the tentative board we briefly stopped at before here.

Agreed.

An actual Samurai Jack question: was the location of this battle something I should know?  It seems to be a Giant Robot Graveyard.  I admit I never saw all the episodes of the first 4 seasons but was this location seen somewhere in those episodes?

"Jack ventures off alone, and by day happens upon the location where he unsuccessfully fought the Guardian of a time portal Jack was prophesied to use. He finds the portal destroyed, as well as the Guardian's broken red glasses"

same here, that night was absolutely nuts it's a blur, I recall my mind was totally on the suddenly missing forum when Toonami was coming on that night and didn't even pay attention to the TV until I found my way to the tentative board we briefly stopped at before here.

Now that you mention it I don't even know how I found out about that board. Was it you Danger? I remember feeling extremely lucky to have found it though. I think however it was that I found out about it, I barely got the info in time.

same here, that night was absolutely nuts my memories of it are basically just a blur, I recall my mind was totally on the suddenly missing boards more than Toonami when it was coming on that night and didn't even pay attention to the TV until I found my way to the tentative board we briefly stopped at before here.

Agreed.

I think I remember sending you the link to the tentative boards that one night, as you were not immediately aware of it until Toonami was just about to start.

I think I remember sending you the link to the tentative boards that one night, as you were not immediately aware of it until Toonami was just about to start.

Yeah, I think that's right, and then I passed it on to Saito.

And yeah I do remember I didn't get online until like a couple of minutes before Toonami was about to start that night which left me in a mad blur of a scramble trying to figure out what was going on.

Thanks again!

Yeah, I think that's right, and then I passed it on to Saito.

It was the worst case of having the rug pulled out from under you at the worst possible time

Ah the tentative boards, we can always remember having our The Children Who Chase Lost Voices discussion on those boards 

It was the worst case of having the rug pulled out from under you at the worst possible time

Ah the tentative boards, we can always remember having our The Children Who Chase Lost Voices discussion on those boards

Wow didn't remember that. It was a good night.

Oh yeah, I still remember that movie night. I agree, it was a good night.

I guess I got lucky.  I had remembered Luuv advertising UE before the meltdown began.  Once it had and I (having spent a couple of days figuring out what happened and making my way the Dev Boards,) I was able to message Luuv and get a life raft.

That movie?  I was snugly implanted into UE long before Children aired.

All props to Admin[/member]  for promoting this site before the final reckoning.  I was still around after the main boards got shut down but the Dev Boards were still up.  It was...remember that Futurama episode that parodied 2012?  When, after reaching Mars, Zoidberg remarks to Leela that Earth is still as serene and blue as can be, but then we cut to Earth and it's total riot mode with everyone going ballistic and the sky blood red.  Yeah, Earth was the Dev Boards.

I'd been wanting to revive something (either unevenedge or urnn or something) for awhile but just kept putting it off/not having time and stuff.  then after the NodeBB switch, I was kinda like "hmm not satisfied w/my online time anymore.  maybe now is the time" so started playing around to make a board.  Then almost right as I began testing it, like within a month or two, the board shut down with zero advance warning.  so it was just like "we're not really ready for this yet but - I guess it is what it is".

The ASMB dev board was open for awhile after the main board closed.  And so was the backend mod board that Drew made for us.  Eventually they closed everything.  The dev board went.  And then shortly after the mod board was also gone.