UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Re: 0096 Episode #19 Discussion

What did they do with Riddhe?

Don't act like you cared about Marida you fat fuck.  Also apparently  he's a Newtype too hahahaha.

Trigger happy bitch.  Good thing it's not in her control.

Bright is going to invervene.  He's searching the Cheyenne Facility. :D Can he do that? :D

Oh yeah that's right.  This is the location of the box they were trying to get to.  That's what that whole battle was about.  I almost forgot. :D

Rotation of the colony has stopped?  So that means the gravity is gone?

It's the tapestry!

Wait a minute... that old guy is there?  I thought he only existed in flashback this whole time.  This show's bad about that.  You can't tell what's a flashback and what isn't.

also clutcing his hand to his chest after his death vision of his "captain" still gonna tell me japan doesn't always portray gay people as villains OwlChemist81[/member] ?

Ok, I'll bite.

What were Bulat and Leeron, chopped liver??

Also, if your theory about Speedwagon is right, he certainly wasn't villainous beyond Episode 2!

Ok, I'll bite.

What were Bulat and Leeron, chopped liver??

Also, if your theory about Speedwagon is right, he certainly wasn't villainous beyond Episode 2!

Bulaut = died a few eps in and got replaced by this

latest?cb=20150124190908

Leeron = Drawn hideously off model ebddc235a33898d7da2313a259e7d3f0e2e43dbe_hq.jpg

and every straight character kept threatening to kill him

while they were admittedly better than most depictions, they were still treated as jokes and not as serious or likeable

they were just there to be made fun of

you weren't really supposed to like them

also Speedwagon isn't gay lets be real

OwlChemist81[/member]

Ok, I'll admit Dr. Stylish was bad!

And Leeron was just hilarious! Especially in Rossiu's arc!

Leeron and Bulaut were the only two Gay anime characters (on Toonami) that didn't completely make me feel like shit

and even they weren't stellar depictions of gay people

I'm just saying, I don't feel I owe you any apologies for being pissed off that who I am is considered a joke or "lesser" than a straight person by literally every culture on this planet OwlChemist81[/member]

a bunch of Zeons are newtypes at this point. the only one who's a newtype now who wasn't before is riddhe.

banagher and the unicorn got inside angelo's head and strengthened the connection with his suit. when angelo clutched his heart with his hand, the suit did the same thing, accidentally crushing the cockpit in the process.

Oh, so that's what happened. x_x

Don't act like you cared about Marida you fat fuck.  Also apparently  he's a Newtype too hahahaha.

Bright is going to invervene.  He's searching the Cheyenne Facility. :D Can he do that? :D

Wait a minute... that old guy is there?  I thought he only existed in flashback this whole time.  This show's bad about that.  You can't tell what's a flashback and what isn't.

This. What the hell was that Albert, you don't deserve to feel that way since you're part of what got her killed (giving Riddhe the Banshee) and didn't give a shit about brainwashing her.

I love that he's having none of Marcenas and Martha's bullshit cause they are both complete assholes and caught on to their crap and manipulation of the military a number of episodes ago.

Maybe the OVAs are more clear on the transitions in and out of flashbacks since they are like watching 7 short movies, since I don't recall having too much problem with that, but it's possible.

Though we actually got confirmation this old guy (Syam Vist) was alive in the first scene of the series (after we saw him back when he was young as part of the terrorist group that blew up Laplace and was the sole survivor, and then found Laplace's Box in the wreckage).

We see Banagher's dad (Cardeas Vist) looking his current age standing with Syam Vist in that medical bed in current time at the start of the episode:

Hope that helps! :)

gundam-unicorn-01-large-04.jpg

This. What the hell was that Albert, you don't deserve to feel that way since you're part of what got her killed (giving Riddhe the Banshee) and didn't give a shit about brainwashing her.

I love that he's having none of Marcenas and Martha's bullshit cause they are both complete assholes and not being blind to their shit.

Maybe the OVAs are more clear on the transitions in and out of flashbacks since they are like watching 7 short movies, since I don't recall having too much problem with that, but it's possible.

Though we actually got confirmation this old guy (Syam Vist) was alive in the first scene of the series (after we saw him back when he was young as part of the terrorist group that blew up Laplace and was the sole survivor, and then found Laplace's Box in the wreckage).

We see Banagher's dad (Cardeas Vist) looking his current age standing with Syam Vist in that medical bed in current time at the start of the episode:

Hope that helps! :)

gundam-unicorn-01-large-04.jpg

Yeah Albert was responsible for the brainwashing and sending Riddhe out there.  So really don't get what was up with that.  The show made it seem like he might be having a change of heart but then he went and did that, so...

I don't even know if Bright can do that legally or chain of command wise, but I love it. :D

See, that was the thing.  I wasn't even sure the scene with the president speaking and the colony getting destroyed was a flashback at first since that wasn't made clear, either.  It seemed like something that could have happened elsewhere just prior to us meeting Banagher.  Hell, for a while I thought it was a flash forward and the show would lead up to that moment.  Especially since we see a space colony at peace with people going about their day and then a big battle breaks out.  It made it seem like that could lead up to the events with the terrorist attack.  Actually, I'm pretty sure the show did pull a flash forward with showing Banagher getting into the Unicorn and his dad dying.  So yeah, confusing! 

Right, but just because Banagher's dad was shown with him that doesn't mean it wasn't a flashback either.  That's the problem.  The show really doesn't give an indication of what is a flashback and what isn't.  So, this whole time they kept showing the old guy (which wasn't that often) made it seem like it could've been in the past and he's anticipating what could happen in the future.  Doesn't help that he's been shown in a coffin in some kind of otherworldly location that makes it seems like he's dead and watching this or something.  I think there was actually a shot that showed him like floating in space over the Earth or something.  Wasn't til this episode where it was clear he was actually somewhere real and in that mansion, specifically.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the show did pull a flash forward with showing Banagher getting into the Unicorn and his dad dying.  So yeah, confusing! 

Yeah I understand. Perhaps they should have gone the usual route and added a subtitle showing the UC date and location at the start of most of the flashbacks, which might have been good to make it clear in the TV version.

It's good you mentioned this scene because I think it's a good example that like I said I think this perhaps was an issue that didn't exist as much in the original OVA version (which is how I first saw the series) that's new to the TV cut (which to be fair, wasn't originally planned) since it was not confusing in the OVA.  That "flash forward" scene of Banagher getting into the Unicorn from his dad at the beginning of TV episode 1 actually never happens in the OVA version.

Him getting into and launching in the Unicorn (and the NTD activating for the first time when he faces Marida) is the big climax cliffhanger of the first OVA and is only shown once at the end of the OVA when it actually happens in real time and it is shown as one complete sequence.

I'm guessing the likely reason the flash forward was added to the TV version is probably so they could show Banagher with the Gundam in the premiere since otherwise it wouldn't happen until episode 2 or 3 (since it doesn't happen until the last moments of the first OVA).

Yeah I understand. Perhaps they should have gone the usual route and added a subtitle showing the UC date and location at the start of most of the flashbacks, which might have been good to make it clear in the TV version.

It's good you mentioned this scene because I think it's a good example that like I said I think this perhaps was an issue that didn't exist as much in the original OVA version (which is how I first saw the series) that's new to the TV cut (which to be fair, wasn't originally planned) since it was not confusing in the OVA.  That "flash forward" scene of Banagher getting into the Unicorn from his dad at the beginning of TV episode 1 actually never happens in the OVA version.

Him getting into and launching in the Unicorn (and the NTD activating for the first time when he faces Marida) is the big climax cliffhanger of the first OVA and is only shown once at the end of the OVA when it actually happens in real time and it is shown as one complete sequence.

I'm guessing the likely reason the flash forward was added to the TV version is probably so they could show Banagher with the Gundam in the premiere since otherwise it wouldn't happen until episode 2 or 3 (since it doesn't happen until the last moments of the first OVA).

Timestamps definitely would have helped.  Of course there's always the matter of Gundam's special calendar. :D

Well that makes a lot more sense.  I don't know if there's some rule about a Gundam having to appear in the first episode of every series, but if so, I think there had to have been a better way to handle it here.  I mean, if I'm not mistaken, the battle breaks out in the first episode, so there's some mobile suit action.  People would get that at least.  Sigh.  I dunno.

• 3 years later...