UnevenEdge

Sentai makes an interesting tweet...

Wait wait wait wait WAIT. We forgot something... Sentai has Ushio & Tora.

That.

1000% That.

I would be okay with that because it doesn't have gravity defying titties in it like everything else Sentai ever licenses

The anime crash indeed started around the time the Great Recession started.  You'd remember that too if YOUR career was personally stalled by it too.  To this day I am not sure how much one affected the other.

When your job goes belly up, frivolous things like anime are the first to go.

The manga and prior anime well predate InuYasha but the similarities will be apparent to people who have seen InuYasha. It's hot blooded shounen fun with killing demons and such. I haven't seen much of it, kind of always hoping it could air on Toonami some day and I could watch it there.

Yeah I think I could enjoy it.

Wait, prior anime?  Is it a sequel to the old one or a remake?  I hope all the manga material is covered.  Because I looked it up and its just 26 episodes.

Yeah I think I could enjoy it.

Wait, prior anime?  Is it a sequel to the old one or a remake?  I hope all the manga material is covered.  Because I looked it up and its just 26 episodes.

Remake, the original ovas didn't get far at all into the manga which the new one covers all the way there's a lot of cut content though but you wouldn't notice. It's actually more like 39 eps since it's 3 cours long.

Remake, the original ovas didn't get far at all into the manga which the new one covers all the way there's a lot of cut content though but you wouldn't notice. It's actually more like 39 eps since it's 3 cours long.

Cut content?  Hope it's nothing good, or nothing vital, at least.  And yeah I saw later on that the first series was just 10 episodes.  I suppose I can always read the manga afterwards if I'm that interested in seeing what got cut.  Anyway, sounds good.  If Toonami does air it, sounds like it could be a decent watch.

Cut content?  Hope it's nothing good, or nothing vital, at least.  And yeah I saw later on that the first series was just 10 episodes.  I suppose I can always read the manga afterwards if I'm that interested in seeing what got cut.  Anyway, sounds good.  If Toonami does air it, sounds like it could be a decent watch.

The manga is an all-time shonen classic with great art to boot, so that works out. But I wouldn't worry about it though since the anime covers all the essential chapters and feels it has a complete story, the cut stuff will just be gravy. There's still some fluff especially in the last season that I didn't feel bothered by marathoning it but I can imagine this making the show really drag its feet on a week to week basis. Also like Parasyte, the anime retains some of the same annoying 80s environmentalism soap-boxing but thankfully that's just in one episode. I found that particular ep though to be really stupid and kinda soured me on an arc that was gearing up to be great beforehand, also it has two VERY important characters in it...So yeah, but hopefully you'll have a different opinion about it.