UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan S2, Episode 2: "I'm Home"

Blatch

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun fact.

The author wanted to kill off Sasha in the chapter this was adapted from, but due to her popularity and at the behest of the editors, he had no choice but to keep her around.

It sure did feel like she was about to die.  Would've been the first non-throwaway character to bite it.

I believe there also may have been a lost in translation moment in the scene between Sasha, Ymir and Christa. In the original, Sasha speaks in a sort of Kansai dialect (something akin to a deep southern accent, I believe) and the message to her is that she should talk to people however she feels like without having to worry about the consequences.

I believe there also may have been a lost in translation moment in the scene between Sasha, Ymir and Christa. In the original, Sasha speaks in a sort of Kansai dialect (something akin to a deep southern accent, I believe) and the message to her is that she should talk to people however she feels like without having to worry about the consequences.

I thought they got that over decently. In the flashback she was talking in kind of a country accent that Sasha doesn't normally talk in. I assumed the "reinventing herself" comment was about that.

Fun fact.

The author wanted to kill off Sasha in the chapter this was adapted from, but due to her popularity and at the behest of the editors, he had no choice but to keep her around.

I heard the author was going to have everyone die and humanity lose to the Titans.... but then the show got popular and that idea was out the window.

I heard the author was going to have everyone die and humanity lose to the Titans.... but then the show got popular and that idea was out the window.

Eh. He said he wanted to end it like The Mist and leave anyone that survives alone and depressed, but grew to want a happy ending for the characters.

Really hope he still goes the original route. Love me a downer ending.

That's strange. They should have let her talk with a hint of a country accent in the flashback to drive home the point. This is sort of the problem with broadcast dubs I suppose, there isn't a lot of time to really get this stuff. Bryce Papenbrook I think it was one time mentioned how it makes a difference if the producers and directors know where the story is going or have time to really get the characters. It changes the way the performance comes across.

Overall, I personally am enjoying the new season and getting to know the other characters a little better. The only issue I see is that with only 12 episodes this season, we haven't really progressed far into the meat of the plot. Maybe, early in production, they thought they'd get more episodes. Those of us who waited 3-4 years to get season 2 while avoiding manga spoilers (I unfortunately couldn't, my friend at work told me too much stuff before I even saw season 1 all the way through), hopefully will get some kind of plot progression and I'm not sure if this is going to hold the casual viewers much.

It seems the fans of the show are here to watch it, but it's hard to create new fans this far into a story. They should have rerun season 1 again on WEEKNIGHTS (would it really kill you AS to do this instead of the umpteenth rerun of Robot Chicken,ATHF, and Squidbillies) to get more people into this show from the beginning. People who normally wouldn't watch Toonami or even anime in general. This show can hook those people. I got 2 friends at work to watch this show who have never watched anime in their lives. They seem to have an extended contract on season 1 that allows for replays,  so it would have been nice to put it on for people to discover. Of course, this would have tipped off people that it season 2 was coming soon, but that wasn't really a huge shock that it was coming.

Also, more than a few weeks notice on season 2 would have been nice to spread the word a little better. I don't know why they didn't (maybe they just hammered out the deal before the announcement), but there are still people who have no idea that the dub is even out so soon or that it was coming, so they are just watching the sub.

That's strange. They should have let her talk with a hint of a country accent in the flashback to drive home the point. This is sort of the problem with broadcast dubs I suppose, there isn't a lot of time to really get this stuff. Bryce Papenbrook I think it was one time mentioned how it makes a difference if the producers and directors know where the story is going or have time to really get the characters. It changes the way the performance comes across.

Overall, I personally am enjoying the new season and getting to know the other characters a little better. The only issue I see is that with only 12 episodes this season, we haven't really progressed far into the meat of the plot. Maybe, early in production, they thought they'd get more episodes. Those of us who waited 3-4 years to get season 2 while avoiding manga spoilers (I unfortunately couldn't, my friend at work told me too much stuff before I even saw season 1 all the way through), hopefully will get some kind of plot progression and I'm not sure if this is going to hold the casual viewers much.

It seems the fans of the show are here to watch it, but it's hard to create new fans this far into a story. They should have rerun season 1 again on WEEKNIGHTS (would it really kill you AS to do this instead of the umpteenth rerun of Robot Chicken,ATHF, and Squidbillies) to get more people into this show from the beginning. People who normally wouldn't watch Toonami or even anime in general. This show can hook those people. I got 2 friends at work to watch this show who have never watched anime in their lives. They seem to have an extended contract on season 1 that allows for replays,  so it would have been nice to put it on for people to discover. Of course, this would have tipped off people that it season 2 was coming soon, but that wasn't really a huge shock that it was coming.

Also, more than a few weeks notice on season 2 would have been nice to spread the word a little better. I don't know why they didn't (maybe they just hammered out the deal before the announcement), but there are still people who have no idea that the dub is even out so soon or that it was coming, so they are just watching the sub.

I actually thought she was talking with a country accent in the flashback? It was just a bit on the subtle side.