UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 Episode #17 Discussion!

It's rough.  After JoJo left the only shows I'm enjoying are Super, Kai, and Jack.  IBO was different, but unfortunately Unicorn is thick with the typical Gundam tropes that drive me up the wall.

And Whatever replaces unicorn will be in the crap slot that is 1:00 AM....(for my time  zone anyways)ugh

i just don't have the motivation to care about most of these shows like ya said

Super Kai And Jack Are all people can care to watch...the others are rather meh

Tokyo Ghoul is just brainless garbo

Hunter X Hunter Can be good but i feel like the shows stretching itself too thin with it bouncing between  Leorio/Gon/Killua Episodes And The Karapika Episodes

Gundam Unicorn is just....Space Politics that i can't even remember anymore

Naruto is Naruto....

And Ghost In The Shell was brought back just to promote the shitty movie nobody liked

Zinnerman letting Marida do her own thing.

Good going, Marida.

So yeah telling Full Frontal the coordinates was pretty stupid.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Frontal.

So many close calls for Zinnerman...

Oh good.  The witch is up to something again.

It's rough.  After JoJo left the only shows I'm enjoying are Super, Kai, and Jack.  IBO was different, but unfortunately Unicorn is thick with the typical Gundam tropes that drive me up the wall.

Probably why I liked it since I'm a Gundam fan.

IBO was different, and mostly okay, but it was still boring as shit some times and while Unicorn has lots of politics talk IBO had tons of bland slice-of-life talk in exchange, and I'm not a big slice of life show watcher. Mikazuki being so direct and occasionally cold blooded was the one thing that stood out in season 1.

And Whatever replaces unicorn will be in the crap slot that is 1:00 AM....(for my time  zone anyways)ugh

i just don't have the motivation to care about most of these shows like ya said

Super Kai And Jack Are all people can care to watch...the others are rather meh

Tokyo Ghoul is just brainless garbo

Hunter X Hunter Can be good but i feel like the shows stretching itself too thin with it bouncing between  Leorio/Gon/Killua Episodes And The Karapika Episodes

Gundam Unicorn is just....Space Politics that i can't even remember anymore

Naruto is Naruto....

And Ghost In The Shell was brought back just to promote the shitty movie nobody liked

It's not late for me but then I'm Central and a night owl.  It is the second to last premier slot, though, now that I think abut it.  I'm sure whatever replaces it won't be in the same slot, depending on how high tier it is.  Unicorn got demoted to this slot due to ratings.

I dropped Hunter x Hunter a while ago.  Boring and nonsensical nothing show that was going nowhere.

Melodramatic pretentious space politics. :D That cheesy monologing tonight, jeez. :D

Yeah we don't count reruns even if GitS itself is a great show.  And yeah I'm pretty sure Toonami brought it back to get some viewers who saw the movie and might be interested in more.

Probably why I liked it since I'm a Gundam fan.

IBO was different, and mostly okay, but it was still boring as shit some times and while Unicorn has lots of politics talk IBO had tons of bland slice-of-life talk in exchange, and I'm not a big slice of life show watcher. Mikazuki being so direct and occasionally cold blooded was the one thing that stood out in season 1.

Yeah most Gundams do not gel with me at all.  IBO was only the second Gundam I liked after G.

I didn't mind the slice of life stuff since it could be calming and comforting, and nice to see the characters when they aren't in battle mode.  Maybe not ideal for Toonami, though. :D Mikazuki being such a cold blooded badass is one of the things I loved a lot.  I can't stand Gundam protagonists like Banagher, and he seems the worst of that whiny crybaby type yet, to the point of parody.

Yeah most Gundams do not gel with me at all.  IBO was only the second Gundam I liked after G.

I didn't mind the slice of life stuff since it could be calming and comforting, and nice to see the characters when they aren't in battle mode.  Maybe not ideal for Toonami, though. :D Mikazuki being such a cold blooded badass is one of the things I loved a lot.  I can't stand Gundam protagonists like Banagher, and he seems the worst of that whiny crybaby type yet, to the point of parody.

Yes, I like seeing the characters in non-battle mode too, but we didn't really see that to me, too many of the non-battle scenes in IBO felt like typical slice-of-life really surface level and never really changed anything, outside of a handful of decent ones.

I don't think he's the worst of them, since he actually acts once he's done after a bit. Some of the others just keep whining.

anyone else feel like toonami is just lacking something?....i mean i don't really feel like I've been enjoying this lineup as much as i should

I am not enjoying this lineup much either. I really don't enjoy Super, Ghoul and Unicorn and I've seen Shippuden and Gits already before. I also still feel like the blocks presentation needs work. The menus need to come back. They provided a certain ambiance to the block, helped inform viewers, and showcased different music. Also, we haven't had a speech or music video in awhile. The block hasn't felt the same to me in awhile in both lineup and presentation.

FYI, we know her already. She's only from this show, not any other Gundam show.

Like I mentioned last week, that's just Micott with a hair clip.

305671.jpg

Oh okay, I must have missed that post.  Yeah she looks totally different now. :D And I still don't think I know who that is. :| Or much about her, at least.

Well I mean she's just support so it's not that important to know her when she's just in like a few scattered scenes throughout the show and she's nothing special, just Banagher's classmate that got pulled onto the ship when he did, just like the guy she's been in scenes with. They're both helping out on the ship. Plus she was a bit jealous of Audrey since Banagher never reacted to her. Basically she's (and the guy) just a civilian caught up in this shit. She's not really involved enough for us to need "know" her that much.

Oh okay.  That's who she is. :D

Well, you have to admit the girl in the mobile armor was introduced out of nowhere and barely developed, yet we were supposed to feel sad when she died.  That's been an issue with lots of characters in this show.  They just get thrown in and then don't get very fleshed out.

Oh okay.  That's who she is. :D

Well, you have to admit the girl in the mobile armor was introduced out of nowhere and barely developed, yet we were supposed to feel sad when she died.  That's been an issue with lots of characters in this show.  They just get thrown in and then don't get very fleshed out.

Def agree there.

Her arc's pretty fast so I agree it just hits the general tragedy notes rather than anything deep.  To be fair, in the OVAs it's a really condensed story for her that mainly takes place all in the straight runtime of OVA 4 so the balance probably worked better there even though it's exactly the same.