UnevenEdge

Star Trek Discovery Transgender character

ghostrek

there is a gay character  on the show try looking up stuff  on trek news sites

here's hoping he isn't a useless character who does nothing but gossip (like every other Gay male character on TV in 2017 so far)

I don't think so we are talking trek here come on

I know, but I mean with every other Gay character of 2017 so far they've fit that bill

they've all been white Gay boys who are basically just background characters with lines and they don't seem to serve a purpose than to "dish" to the straight female characters about juicy gossip then vanish for the rest of the episode because they don't actually have a role in the story

edit: they've also all been terminally single and treated as being the only Gay person within their universe, which Star Trek Discovery seems to already be guilty of since they said it would have "one gay character" not "a gay character and a love interest"

I know, but I mean with every other Gay character of 2017 so far they've fit that bill

they've all been white Gay boys who are basically just background characters with lines and they don't seem to serve a purpose than to "dish" to the straight female characters about juicy gossip then vanish for the rest of the episode because they don't actually have a role in the story

edit: they've also all been terminally single and treated as being the only Gay person within their universe, which Star Trek Discovery seems to already be guilty of since they said it would have "one gay character" not "a gay character and a love interest"

StarTrek  does not so stereotypes

Next Gen had an entire species of genderless humanoids, riker even fell in love with one of them, then they turned it into an allegory for "turn gay people strait" "therapy" in that riker's love interest decided they were female, and this was illegal in their culture so they arrested, tried, and "cured" her of having a gender. She later claimed to have been cured, its implied she was brainwashed. One of the few episodes that ends with a negative outcome, but I think they were trying to be subversive and it seemed to work. At least its one of my favorite episodes.

It probably wasn't intended to raise gender identity issues given when it was produced but it definitely carries meaning toward that subject. Star Trek is great in that it regularly does shit like this.

Next Gen had an entire species of genderless humanoids, riker even fell in love with one of them, then they turned it into an allegory for "turn gay people strait" "therapy" in that riker's love interest decided they were female, and this was illegal in their culture so they arrested, tried, and "cured" her of having a gender. She later claimed to have been cured, its implied she was brainwashed. One of the few episodes that ends with a negative outcome, but I think they were trying to be subversive and it seemed to work. At least its one of my favorite episodes.

It probably wasn't intended to raise gender identity issues given when it was produced but it definitely carries meaning toward that subject. Star Trek is great in that it regularly does shit like this.

I remember that

the writers said the alien he fell in love with was specifically written to be played by a male actor but the network forbid it and insisted a female actor had to be cast to make it less gay

because she's not trans?

Yeah. I don't care it's called acting but some people are very sensitive to stuff like that.

So I can see people getting upset because there are transgender actors out there. Sure, only 1 or 2 are what people would call "mainstream" and

they might not fit the creators vision for the show but that will be besides the point.

I think it's a streaming thing not a network television thing so that might have something to do with it but I might be talking straight out of my ass right now >:D

ah ok.

yeah i probably wont be watching this then, unless it turns out to be really good.

bring back sci fi to star trek. i want all the weird shit that comes with it.

ah ok.

yeah i probably wont be watching this then, unless it turns out to be really good.

bring back sci fi to star trek. i want all the weird shit that comes with it.

I probably won't watch it cuz I'm a lazy, stoner fuck who doesn't wanna bother to look for things :D

i don't think it matters. Sometimes I like when they get hot cisgender girls to play transwomen. Like Carmen in it's always sunny. It reminds ppl that some TS are really hot & passable.

& in Star Trek, she should be extremely passable b/c of all the amazing medical technology they have. It would be ridiculous to have an unpassable transgirl in Star Trek unless like that character purposely didn't want to pass. But why wouldn't a TS want to pass?

I think you're hot and passable, Laverne Cox is too but I couldn't see her doing Start Trek, I dunno why.

What you're saying sounds perfectly reasonable to me but it's just like, maybe I been around the internet too long,  where I've discovered, if something exists, there will be people to hate and complain about it. >:D

I think you're hot and passable, Laverne Cox is too but I couldn't see her doing Start Trek, I dunno why.

What you're saying sounds perfectly reasonable to me but it's just like, maybe I been around the internet too long,  where I've discovered, if something exists, there will be people to hate and complain about it. >:D

that life in general

she's hot!

get it girl!

although they should probably have a real transgender person playing a transgender character...

the same say they should have actors with DS playing characters with DS

it only rumor star trek fans love to come up with theories about the newest version of trek coming out