UnevenEdge

Is Justice League Action worthy of Toonami?

It might be kinda hard for them to acquire something just to air at 2 AM unless it's bargain bin, so a hand-me-down from Cartoon Network might fit the bill.

Of course, I'd slot it at 2:30/2:45 AM, moving Shippuden back to 2 AM, but that's just me.

So what do y'all think? Would JLA work on Toonami after Unicorn ends just to keep some American action into the mix? It also doesn't rerun on CN so it would be relatively fresh!

Also, Jason/Etrigan is totally this series' Bullhorn, and he's voiced by Patrick Seitz to boot!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_Action

Got quite a cast, even Gilbert Gottfried! Shame a series like this is languishing at 7:30 AM on Saturdays...

It might be kinda hard for them to acquire something just to air at 2 AM unless it's bargain bin, so a hand-me-down from Cartoon Network might fit the bill.

Of course, I'd slot it at 2:30/2:45 AM, moving Shippuden back to 2 AM, but that's just me.

So what do y'all think? Would JLA work on Toonami after Unicorn ends just to keep some American action into the mix? It also doesn't rerun on CN so it would be relatively fresh!

Also, Jason/Etrigan is totally this series' Bullhorn, and he's voiced by Patrick Seitz to boot!

Got quite a cast, even Gilbert Gottfried! Shame a series like this is languishing at 7:30 AM on Saturdays...

having seen JLA

no

it's not as childish as Teen Titans go but it's still not serious enough for Toonami

JLA is an okay kids show with some amusing moments and decent action but it would not really fit in on Toonami even when you consider Dragon Ball Super (a show I'd certainly pair with JLA on CN daytime). It'd honestly be better off going to Hulu or Netflix if CN is going to cut it loose.

I'd watch it if it some how ended up on Toonami but I really don't think it should air there. CN should air it in the daytime and give it adequate support rather than show it once a week unadvertised. It was pretty much dead on arrival because of CN refusing to acknowledge it's existence on their line-up.

And yet somehow it's a DOA show actually getting 52 11-minute episodes!

I think there's some kind of a "shareability" between CN and [as]; after all, that's how we got Beware The Batman, Sym-Bionic Titan, and Thundercats, as well as I believe old Samurai Jack. In those cases, owned by Turner seems to be owned by Turner. We also know there was a "shareability" between TCM and CN when they acquired the Month of Miyazaki in 2006.

I think a lot of it depends on the fate of Tokyo Ghoul, or what Toonami would acquire just to air at 2 AM. If Ghoul is headed to 2 AM after its first season (Not sure what the hell they'd air at 2 AM for 2 weeks after Gundam Unicorn ends but work with me), then JLA might not be a bad candidate, doubled-up, for 2:30 AM, if it can pull a "Star Wars: The Clone Wars", sorta like the first season did with a Midnight rerun back in 2009 on [as].

One thing's for certain, I'd be a HELL of a lot more likely to follow it there, and it would be a free way to get some DC action back on Toonami for the first time since the Bat-Blowout for Beware The Batman in 2014.

It's pretty evident that WBA makes these shows more for international audiences than CN in the US now. CN US just does not give two shits about these series.

Thematically JLA would stick out much worse than BTB did. I really don't think they should bother even if they can show it for free.

It's pretty evident that WBA makes these shows more for international audiences than CN in the US now. CN US just does not give two shits about these series.

Thematically JLA would stick out much worse than BTB did. I really don't think they should bother even if they can show it for free.

speaking of weird DC cartoons, all I remember about Batman the Brave and the Bold  is that Batman turned into a gay vampire and seduced and converted all the male Justice League members into his minions before two female Justice League members de-vampirized him in one episode

speaking of weird DC cartoons, all I remember about Batman the Brave and the Bold  is that Batman turned into a gay vampire and seduced and converted all the male Justice League members into his minions before two female Justice League members de-vampirized him in one episode

...This never happened.