UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Buu:  I rewatched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince over the weekend too.

It's my fourth favorite Harry Potter film after Goblet of Fire, Sorcerer's Stone, and Chamber of Secrets although I hate the sixth book.

I think Prisoner of Azkaban is the worst (although it's my second favorite HP book) and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 is the second worst. 

Not sure where to place the other two.  They're fifth and sixth on my list but I'm not sure in what order.  I loved the 5th book but I was disappointed in the movie when it came out.

Anyway to get back on topic, watched 3-gatsu no Lion S2 ep 12.

I wanted to slap that girl's mother.  She and her daughter are both bullies.  I bet she did the same thing when she was her daughter's age.

The new teacher is awesome.  It was strange not seeing Rei this episode.  I'm okay with the new OP song but I don't like the new ED song.

• Like 1

Pop Team Epic #1

Love Live! The School Idol Movie

I'm of the opinion that idol shows represent an idolized depiction of the genre... one that's free of controversies where the idols want boyfriends, there's no sort of harassment, and it's all just focused on the music and making people happy. Therefore, they're the best when they strive to be as crazy and unrealistic as possible. Watching the first iM@S series has easily bolstered this opinion, but Love Live! may as well confirm it. I have no idea why they decided to keep the final preliminaries as scheduled when there was a goddamn blizzard plowing through Otonokizaka, but I won't damn question it. Also, that performance of "Snow Halation" by μ's was made even better by their perfect choreography. It was still snowing out... the snow would melt and they would trip and fall easily but they somehow didn't. And it's a good thing Honoka wasn't sick like she was back in the first season.

So that's my more compressed take on the first two seasons. The movie might have been even better, even though I had no idea why they slotted one final song sequence after "SUNNY DAY SONG" (but it was still great); I thought having hundreds of other school idols dancing with those nine voices at the same time was the best way to end it, and pass the torch onto whatever other manufactured group Lantis could come up with next. This was always trying to top itself... it's like they were coming in close to the airstrip, but aborted the landing attempt in order to pull off a fucking sick loop-de-loop, but then they utterly nailed it on the second try. Talk about a triumphant victory lap. And not once did it feel especially sappy or melodramatic. It just worked the way it did almost perfectly, though I thought the last third of it took too long presenting A-RISE's decision to go professional as a valid alternative. Even considering that, μ's existing for any amount of time after leaving the school they saved would be ruining their own legacy.

7/10 for the first season, 8/10 for the second and movie. It's good to finally put this one away, and with an HD source this time. Still, I'll probably never get out of Idol Hell.

9 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

I see no reason why the Harry Potter movies are being discussed here and not on the movies board.

Also, BlueRaven, you may need to learn how to mark your spoilers better.

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe the reason you dislike the new ED is because the singer's only 14?

I don't know or want to learn code so the best I can do is make it hard to read.  I used black text on a black background.

It's better than nothing.  Unless you have really good eyes, that should be hard to read.  It is for me.  Also others were discussing Harry Potter in this thread.

I don't see why I couldn't too.

Oh fuck, pokenirvash was actually complaining about the Harry Potter discussion when this thread has always occasionally included non-anime watchings?  I have him ignored so I didn't see. What a fucking asshole. xD 

Edited by BUU8800
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 6:11 PM, BUU8800 said:

Oh fuck, pokenirvash was actually complaining about the Harry Potter discussion when this thread has always occasionally included non-anime watchings?

I might have overreacted a little there. So sor-

On 1/10/2018 at 6:11 PM, BUU8800 said:

I have him ignored so I didn't see. What a fucking asshole. xD 

[i apologize for nothing]

Edited by PokeNirvash

Now then, allow me to not be a "fucking asshole" in spite of my advertised spiciness, and use this thread for its intended purpose.

Inuyashiki Last Hero 1

And so the MAL challenge begins with the best of my first four selections. You can't not love that old man, even at his pushover-est. :$ I was planning on watching this the moment I heard about the manga and that it was done by the GANTZ guy, and so far I am impressed with it. Oku is really good at showing both the negative and positive sides of humanity - the latter having more emphasis here while GANTZ did the opposite - and MAPPA did that viewpoint justice, even with the occasional moment of conspicuous yet not-at-all-ugly CGI. And I'll admit, I got a little teary-eyed at a few moments, mostly with the scenes involving the homeless man who managed to turn his life around and get saved by Inuyashiki just as it was about to be taken away. That dude is a true minor character MVP.

vW7eE7L.png

yf1O0Nl.png

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Well that was..........alright. xD Seriously pretty unremarkable but I did like the chubby dude. It was awesome seeing him presumably get the most pretty girl at the end too since that never really happens in movies anymore. Not that it ever really did anyway though to be fair. Newt was a pretty dry character, kinda just the straight man only a slightly quirky one. He wasn't bad perse just somewhat bland. His love interest was just kinda there too. Sucks that the emo kid hadta die. Poor kid's entire life was pretty much pure misery huh? I actually knew about the Johnny Depp twist going in and it was just....meh. So the next one of these movies is gonna focus on him I guess. Well maybe one day I'll watch it. Not in any hurry or anything like that certainly. I guess I probably should actually mention the beasts too huh? Well none of those really stood out to me either I'm afraid. I dunno, maybe the little green bug? The movie was fine as a curiosity but I don't ever see myself watching it again. But who knows?

Edited by BUU8800

Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san 2

Poor Misa, breaking up is hard to do. Lucky for her she had some super spicy ramen to orgasm over!xD Meanwhile Koizumi helped Jun learn to love ramen again, despite her glasses fogging up. Better hurry Yuu, your friends might take your precious Koizumi from you!xD 

Yuru Camp 2

God I love the opening theme for this series. Probably my favorite of the winter so far. Aoi and Chiaki are welcome additions, and while we only briefly saw her last week Ena too. So Rin prefers to be alone while camping, I can appreciate that, though Nadeshiko's not about to let her have her way! And a good thing too. Share the scenery I say. I enjoyed Rin's wanderings most of all, and the episode seemed to fly by. Oh ho, so we're actually gonna be continuing this next week? I assumed every episode would be a one-off, but good. Looking forward to the cooking already!:) 
Edited by BUU8800
  • Like 1

Wait, what happened to my previous post? For some reason a portion of Yuru Camp and this got deleted:

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody 1

Well they're certainly taking their time so far, mostly setup this episode. As a manga reader I enjoyed it though. I have a few cosmetic issues, some blurriness and lack of text translation, but that aside it was good. Looking forward to watching the story unfold once again, this time animated. I see that it's getting shat on pretty hard on MAL and elsewhere though, which admittedly I kinda expected.

God the interface for this place could use some work. xD 

Edited by BUU8800

Hakumei to Mikochi 1

Well that was fucking wonderful. Very beautiful to look at and gave off a wholesome, healing vibe throughout. So glad it really was Kafu all along, and that Mikochi found her wallet. :)

Toji no Miko 2

I see, so if I read that right the supreme leader isn't being possessed by one of those bug monsters but is actually just one of them in disguise? Presumably the real leader was killed long ago and Hiyori wants to avenge her. Or is it just a possession? I dunno. As my favorite girl I was hoping Mai would go with them, but 3's a crowd I guess. If the op/ed are anything to go off she should eventually anyway though, along with the other girls.

Edited by BUU8800

Killing Bites 1

Pretty much what I wanted and expected after reading the first chapter: tits(uncensored even!) and violence. Pure trash, but in the best possible sense. Sometimes you're just in the mood for these kinda series, ya know? And that fight looked surprisingly nice too, by my standards anyway. So yeah, good stuff so far.

Edited by BUU8800
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Pop Team Epic 1

Hide contents

Huh, that wasn't so bad after all. Here are my rankings for the voices this episode.

Popuko: French > Masashi Ebara > Yuji Mitsuya > Bob Epic Team

Pipimi: Noriko Hidaka > Houchu Ohtsuka > French > Bob Epic Team

I'm not upse-

Hakumei & Mikochi 1 

Edited by EyeOfPain

ClassicaLoid 1 - 25(END)

And so, with the aliens that only just appeared at the end of the previous episode appeased, Kanae, Sousuke, our ClassicaLoids, and everyone else go back to their daily routines. You know, from the moment I heard Ode to Joy in the very first episode I had a feeling I'd like this. It was a fun, sweet, silly, at times stupid.....really stupid, cute, enjoyable little series. Classical composers reincarnated and living together in a musical boardinghouse of sorts, what a concept!xD A primarily kid friendly affair, reminiscent of Time Travel Girl only much wackier and more incoherent. The plot wasn't ever really important, usually taking a backseat to one-off episodes featuring random hi-jinks. Considering I liked all the characters and their interactions with each other this never really got old for me, though I admit Mozart did genuinely annoy me a couple of times. He was definitely my least favorite of the main cast. Outside maybe Bach's fangirl assistant if she counts. I think my favorite character was probably Liszt, though that may just be the pervert in me talking. Even though sadly, as Schubert's rap in episode 21 so humorously pointed out, being a kids show they weren't able to really play up her ample cleavage as much as I'd have liked. xD But they were all good, enjoyable characters at least to some extent. I'm surprised, but happy, a second season is airing right now. Guess this musta done something right in Japan! I'll definitely try and check it out down the line, maybe even after I watch Osomatsu-san 2 to keep the two shows grouped together for me. Though I probably won't start either until they both finish. Anyway, solid 7/10.

Edited by BUU8800

Takunomi 1

Remember kids, always listen to talking mascots on beer bottles!xD Honestly I'm not really a drinker, but Kae's massive tits and the other girls should keep me coming back to this one.xD

Slow Start 2

Those damn mumps ruining things for people yet again. Then again it did ensure this series. Ah yes, I'd be as exhausted as Hana doing all that athletic stuff. I think I'd be willing to give it a try if I got to be in her position for that end card too though, smothered in Shion's breasts!xD Speaking of girl don't deny the love lunch embrace it!

Edited by BUU8800

Made in Abyss #9 and #10

Hacka Doll the Animation #12 and #13 (END)

Pop Team Epic #2

In a way, all of these shows were hard to watch, but being comedies make the other two more approachable.

I did enjoy Hacka Doll. It was pretty crazy and had some great otaku-centric jokes, not to mention probably the most casual crossdressing character ever. 8/10.

• Like 1

Mitsuboshi Colors 2

Leave it to the Colors to save mankind by doing absolutely nothing.xD Yui looked so cute in that Lum-esque outfit. How cruel of them to just leave her in the dark like that. They shoulda gotten some punishment from her for that, but she's just too sweet I guess.

Kokkoku 2

The plot thickens. So we learn a bit more about our religious zealot enemies, who may just be using that as a cover to kill people. We also learn the nature of that giant monster, guarding those who are frozen. It seems that when that goon was killed the jellyfish inside him awoke the frozen brother by entering him instead. I'm wondering if something similar might wake Makoto next week. Interestingly this episode ends with Juri, who I assumed was the only really safe family member, seemingly killed. Of course we knew that wouldn't really happen even before the preview showed her still alive. She's the mc! Still, what might be awakening within her? Seems we got some flashbacks coming, possibly related to this week's where that Majima woman was a child. Looked like she met a child Juri back then. The ending theme animation certainly makes it appear as if the have a connection anyway.

Edited by BUU8800
  • Like 1

SKET Dance 6 - 11

Yeah, after what must be at least 3 or 4 years I decided to get back to this, and I wouldn't have bothered posting until I'd watched more except I hadta gush over the fact that I actually recognized some of the cooking series parody judges during the cooking section of the tournament begun in episode 11. Namely spoofs on the mc's from Mister Ajikko and Cooking Papa. Both anime I want to watch btw, and definitely would have watched by now if I could but can't for similar reasons. The only english subs I've found for Mister Ajikko are nearly incomprehensible garbage. To the point where I tapped out after 2 episodes purely because of them. And Cooking Papa just straight up has no english subtitles anywhere that I could find. I actually resorted to watching a few episodes of it I found on youtube a couple years back that weren't even in Japanese either, just to see what it was like. And yeah, I'd love to be able to watch both one day. But uh yeah SKET Dance. Even jumping in fairly blind again with episode 6 still enjoyed these 6 episodes and expect to watch more.

Edited by BUU8800

Aria the Origination 3 - 12

I was really trying to finish this last night, but it got pretty late, so I held off watching the final episode just yet. Got some reactions that I wanted to get out before that though.

First of all, I absolutely loved the backstory about Grandma and president Aria, of how they met and he inspired her to create the Aria company. Geez though! What is he, immortal? Clearly he's not like earth cats, but he must be like at least 40 at minimum? Wish my kitties had lived that long.

The most astonishing thing though was definitely Alice skipping rank. =O Never saw that coming. I really liked the episode, too, where she was spying on Alicia. Imperfect human being . . . ? Yeah right! There's no way that girl is human. This may sound crazy, but where she tells Akari at the end of the last episode that I just watched that she has something to tell her, I was thinking, "Oh my god, she's gonna unzip her face or somthing and reveal that she's actually Caith Sith!" LMAO Seriously though, that's a pretty cool philosphy she's got. I think from now on anytime I spill a drink, which happens a lot I must admit, or do something clumsy like that, instead of like cursing myself, I'm gonna try just smiling and saying "ara ara" instead. LOL

Edited by Dark_Cloud_Overhead
  • Like 2

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2

Takagi's teasing is merciless! As Nishikata so painfully observed in that calligraphy section. But hey, at least he managed to actually blurt out his period guess by the pool against all odds. And dat engrish!xD

Edited by BUU8800

SKET Dance 12 - 13

Wow I....actually really hated how that tournament ended. I get that this is a comedy not meant to be taken seriously but fuck artificially inflating the drama with a winner takes all style bet only to have them get out of it even after losing by just having the victor, in this case the Student Council President who is a fucking prick imo so far btw, letting them off. Artificially inflated drama with cheap resolution bullshit. Buu no likey!>:( Why did I have this at 8 again? 7 at best for right now, though we've got a long way to go I suppose. Plus now reading MAL I see apparently this was handled better/differently in the manga so that might explain why it felt so off.

EDIT: SKET Dance 14 - 15

Hmmm, well the second half didn't do anything for me but I can always appreciate Friday the 13th references. And Texas Chainsaw Massacre ones too, shot for shot scene remakes in the latter's case. Looks like J-son-sensei's outfit was designed after Part III Jason as well. Fun fact: Jason is never actually depicted using a chainsaw in any of the Friday the 13th films.

Edited by BUU8800