UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

39 minutes ago, Spindack said:

Finally got my Roku and Amazon Fire TV Stick Working on my own.

Just started watching: The Legend of Snow White season 1 episode 2 on Amazon anime. It's so pretty delicate and fragile, like all 80s anime TV shows, I freaking love it! I want more 80s anime and franime!

Roku is so useful isn't it??

4 minutes ago, elfie said:

No I love it! I can finally watch stuff without slowing or heating up my computer while I work!

You should marry me, we could watch roku together in bed!

If you like stuff like CrunchRoll, Funimationnow, Netflix, and streaming video files I recommend it. Do you use Plex?

Edited by Spindack
  • Like 1

Inuyashiki 11(END)

Boy I'm really bad with remembering what day of the week it is lately. I thought yesterday was Friday and today Wednesday. But that's neither here nor there I suppose. Anyway, depressingly accurate Trump depiction aside this ending went about as I expected. Hiro, who in retrospect probably felt more like the main character than Inuyashiki, remained unsympathetic for me to the end. No bonus brownie points for an attempted heroic sacrifice to protect the two people he cared about, sorry. Inuyashiki meanwhile felt like he deserved better than he got, but that's life I suppose. At least his family seems to be doing well enough. Though only his daughter received enough screen time to actually care about from them. Overall this was a good series. Good, not great. There were several emotional Inuyashiki related moments in it. Solid 7/10. I feel like I should have more to say but I don't.

3 hours ago, elfie said:

I also have YouTube and Sling on there.  I'll look into Plex.

Yeah, you're gonna want to google Plex app. Plex lets you play your computer videos on your computer, and transfers them to your Roku. There are apps on Roku that let your STREAM your OWN video file collection privately without having to upload. But you kind of have to understand video file management to get it to work

Edited by Spindack
  • Like 1

That's always cool. I'm currently in the process of rewatching Love Live!, from the start, mostly I didn't watch the show coherently the first time. And I missed the arc where μ's performed Snow Halation, which you can't really have an excuse about.

Shrine of the Morning Mist #1 (restart) and #2

The Ancient Magus' Bride #6

Blend S #12 (END)

qq8cIHI.jpg

So I guess Dino opening up to Maika at the New Year's party was the confession? I nearly assumed it was reenacting the dream she had, and only now was she being informed it was IRL and legit. Either way, the romance angle stopped at a nice point for this show. All I'd be weary of is if a potential Season 2 were to pay attention to this more, I might be less interested. The latter half of the season went away from the silly cafe antics a bit, but it was still at a good enough balance for the show to work. Hideri's presence really helped... I mean, he was good, along with most of the show's characters. And Mafuyu is one of the better audience surrogates in an anime that I've seen. They both bolstered my feelings about it.

It was perfectly fine entertainment and not much else, but a show doesn't have to go beyond that. 7.5/10.

After not being able to get on for several days finally I can again! This site is easily the worst of the ones I visit regularly in that regard though. Honestly it's probably not even worth it, but whatever. Anyway I finished days ago:

Sakura Quest 1 - 25(END)

Fairly bittersweet ending for an, I'd say, fairly underrated little gem of a series. Judging from the synopsis and art style I figured this would be right up my alley and it didn't disappoint. A story of self-discovery for five girls, plus one of a community and its inhabitants. Couldn't help but be reminded of a few series. Shirobako, Hanasaku Iroha, and even Barakamon spring to mind. I'd rank this 3rd of those 4, solidly above Hanasaku Iroha. It was certainly an emotional little series, the tears came more than once, with strong characters. The community aspects at this time of the year even reminded me just a bit of It's A Wonderful Life. Of the five girls Shiori and Sanae were definitely my favorites. And not only because they were easily the hottest. xD Speaking of, I was glad to see my early feelings of a possible love triangle between Sanae and those 2 woodcutters never panned out. The only romance we got was between Sayuri, Shiroi's sister, and that cook, and that was sweet. On a personality level the girl I personally related to most was actually Ririko. Good for her, going out and living her life. And such a nice voice. Was also happy for Maki and her familial and career developments. Interestingly enough our lead Yoshino was the girl I found myself caring for the least. Though the show did certainly develop her, especially in the end, and she was by no means a bad character. Just definitely my least favorite of the 5 girls. I probably liked some of the side characters like Sandal-san and Ushiyama better too. Really liked the little glimpse into his past we got. But regardless she was fine, and this was a good series. I'd give it a solid 8 out of 10.

• Like 1

Before I forget again I also finished Blend S last Saturday.

Very fitting to get a snowy, Christmasy finale considering Winter just began a couple days back. This was a pretty good series. Seemed to stand out from many standard cgdct shows by having some prominent male characters and even a romance of sorts with hints of another. I wouldn't say it was as good as the best of the cgdct shows I've seen mind you, but it was still solidly entertaining and I'd watch more if we ever got it. 7/10

Edited by BUU8800

Naruto 211-212

It's probably the fact that there's been a 9-year lull between when I last visited Filler Hell and when I resumed it, it's probably the fact that I'm stuck in another Filler Hell right now in Shippuden's Toonami run. Either way, I felt that the "Ninja Dropouts" arc was fairly solid. It had a sensible storyline, featured characters with more than one dimension to them, and avoided the wackiness and gross-out humor attributed to the worst Filler Hell episodes. From an objective standpoint, there were still plenty of flaws; the animation (as always) wasn't super-spectacular, Akio being alive all along was very predictable, and you could make a drinking game out of all the times Todoroki flashbacked to that same moment in his burning house. Still, not bad as far as my standards go.

Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara 12

*Sigh* The food still looks delicious even though the animation took a hit and I'm still rooting for the characters, but this season was definitely lacking. Taking on food privilege in the cooking world can be a good theme, but the way this show handled it was way too superficial. As someone who used to be poor when I was younger and watched cooking shows just to see beautiful food I dreamed about tasting, this is a bit personal for me. Maybe even more so after having the time and money to learn how to cook. Spices, regular ingredients and cooking utensils get expensive very quickly. And just getting to eat at a restaurant in a timely manner due to how quickly some of them close is a privilege I've only enjoyed in my thirties. Low priced mom and pop restaurants with bomb ass food are a fucking godsend for broke ass folks. Brief flashbacks to the Yukihira Diner and other places in the neighborhood don't really bring these things to life for me.

I'll probably finish out the third season when the second half of it airs, but I won't be as enthusiastic as before.

• Like 1

New Game! S2 ep 12 - 9/10.

Finally finished it.  I wasn't in the mood for watching this show for a long time, but I really enjoyed this series.

I think this season was better than the first, but I didn't like the new characters.  I think the show was better off without them.

The one I disliked the most grew on me at the end but I still would have liked it better if they weren't around and if Hifumi got more screentime.

Edited by blueraven1999

11 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara 12

Hide contents

*Sigh* The food still looks delicious even though the animation took a hit and I'm still rooting for the characters, but this season was definitely lacking. Taking on food privilege in the cooking world can be a good theme, but the way this show handled it was way too superficial. As someone who used to be poor when I was younger and watched cooking shows just to see beautiful food I dreamed about tasting, this is a bit personal for me. Maybe even more so after having the time and money to learn how to cook. Spices, regular ingredients and cooking utensils get expensive very quickly. And just getting to eat at a restaurant in a timely manner due to how quickly some of them close is a privilege I've only enjoyed in my thirties. Low priced mom and pop restaurants with bomb ass food are a fucking godsend for broke ass folks. Brief flashbacks to the Yukihira Diner and other places in the neighborhood don't really bring these things to life for me.

I'll probably finish out the third season when the second half of it airs, but I won't be as enthusiastic as before.

I actually didn't know this was 1 cour until Episode 12 ended and it felt like a finale, to which I looked it up on MAL!  I am moreso annoyed at how they never try to move a fuckin character at all possible. They just try to draw 1 still image while the mouth flaps open and closed and the camera pans over them. God sakes, there's like 95% of the shots like that!  If you're greenlighting another season, goddamn put the effort into it!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, elfie said:

Hide contents

I actually didn't know this was 1 cour until Episode 12 ended and it felt like a finale, to which I looked it up on MAL!  I am moreso annoyed at how they never try to move a fuckin character at all possible. They just try to draw 1 still image while the mouth flaps open and closed and the camera pans over them. God sakes, there's like 95% of the shots like that!  If you're greenlighting another season, goddamn put the effort into it!

I wish I could find that scene with a still of Souma moving from side to side that looked low budget as fuck and made me think while watching, "Only Gintama can get away with this crap, so y'all need to stop."

• Like 1