UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Girls und Panzer 10
TFS Plays Xenoverse 2 17
Anime FMK 3
Final Fantasy VII Machinabridged 1-2

The HD remaster joke was good, but it went downhill from there fast. I just can't be doin' with a show this mean-spirited towards its main character, even if he's just as much of an asshole as the rest of them.

[tfs's worst work by far]

Well damn, look at this place! I leave for 6 and a half weeks and it's brand spanking new! Still probably won't be around very frequently for the foreseeable future, but it's nice to be back, even in a limited capacity. Anywho, I haven't really watched much anime at all recently unfortunately. I've done a much better job of keeping up with my manga reading in that regard. However, I did watch Inuyashiki's first 6 episodes last night. My thoughts? Well...

The series is certainly very extreme. Episodes will end with heroism or graphic death more often than not. That visual of the little boy drowning under the weight of his father's corpse from episode 2 was haunting. Maybe it isn't surprising coming from the author of Gantz. I've never had a desire to read or watch that series, though I'm aware of the violent reputation. There don't seem to be many middle ground characters so far. Or not many that receive focus anyway. Inuyashiki is pretty much a saint while Hiro(ironically named) is a devil. Watching his world come crashing down in the last couple episodes I felt no sympathy for him, but rather for his mother and father. I guess those are the kinda middle-ground characters. Them and maybe Ando but he's more morally upright I'd say. And I do like that buddy relationship he's got going with Inuyashiki. That aside we get over the top heinous yakuza guys and 2chan internet trolls, a woefully ignorant girl enamored with Hiro who will probably meet a cruel fate, and Inuyashiki's family. I honestly expected to see more of them now over half way through the show. Going forward for whatever reason I'm guessing Hiro is gonna go after Inuyashiki's daughter. Maybe it's because I think they're briefly shown together in the ending theme. I think anyway, can't tell for sure. The CGI can be distracting at times but I usually overlook it. I like Inuyashiki, the character, but considering how he acts and his kind, gentle personality he's pretty hard not to. I like Ando as well. I can't ever forgive Hiro after that second episode, even if I can kinda relate to him in certain aspects. The rest of the characters I don't really have much of an opinion on either way. I'm not sure what the author is trying to say about otaku culture with all the anime references and whatnot, but I get the sense it isn't anything good. That I could do without personally, but whatever. Maybe I'm biased. Regardless, I look forward to the last 5 episodes, show's been pretty good so far.

Edited by BUU8800
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, blueraven1999 said:

That's cool.  Silver Spoon is very good if you like Slice of Life anime.

I decided to buy it after watching 4 episodes. It was really funny and sweet, and it probably won my heart at, "Damn you, anus!" It's current price tag outside of Black Friday sales also pushed me to buy it. Yeesh, I despise Aniplex.

• Like 1

Blend S #4 to #7

The Ancient Magus' Bride #1 (rewatch)

Puella Magi Madoka Magica #7 and #8

I don't do this too often, but considering that the projector in the classroom was starting to rot, and I also wasn't in a 100% sound state of mind even then, it did feel worthy of one.

PjldKOU.jpg

vbqh1cu.jpg

Edited by Blatch
Mild testing...

Hunter x Hunter 1999 51

Your Lie in April 11

The best thing about this episode (besides Shizuku's mere presence, of course) was Leorio hyping up Franklin's Nen bullet ability as his own in the preview. :D Made even more amusing in that it's an Emitter technique, so it's not exactly impossible for Leorio to use it in concept.

Also, I wanna beat the shit out of that judge, and give Takeshi a slap or two to the face just for good measure.

Edited by PokeNirvash

Tsuki ga Kirei 4 - 8

This remains adorable. And also refreshing to see it avoid some of the most cliche romance anime tropes.

Inuyashiki 7

Yeah, the problem with Hiro suddenly doing good deeds is he's only doing them because of Shion. Left up to his own nature he'd just as soon massacre the entire population. Were something to happen to her...and I honestly thought he'd kill her too, which he nearly did, but now I see she and her grandma are probably just gonna get killed in next week's crossfire causing him to rampage with only Inuyashiki, noticeably absent this week, left to stop him. I still can't like or forgive Hiro, but I did feel happy for that first cancer patient he healed, the one we actually got a couple minutes with. And what a transformation! At first I thought she was a long haired man but she looked stunning in the last shot of her healed.

Tsuki ga Kirei 9 - 12(END)

Goddamn that was beautiful. Definitely one of the best romance anime I can remember watching. The tears flowed at the end, and seeing them end up together with a child during the end credits was immensely satisfying. Honestly would have enjoyed another season or two just expanding on those end credit events, but at least we got that closure at all. At the moment the only real negative standing out was the awful cg crowd shots, but that seems like its just the norm in most anime lately. Strong 8/10 for such a comforting series. Glad I watched it.

CDc4mmp.png

Edited by BUU8800

On 11/18/2017 at 7:17 PM, BUU8800 said:

Well damn, look at this place! I leave for 6 and a half weeks and it's brand spanking new! Still probably won't be around very frequently for the foreseeable future, but it's nice to be back, even in a limited capacity. Anywho, I haven't really watched much anime at all recently unfortunately. I've done a much better job of keeping up with my manga reading in that regard. However, I did watch Inuyashiki's first 6 episodes last night. My thoughts? Well...

Reveal hidden contents

The series is certainly very extreme. Episodes will end with heroism or graphic death more often than not. That visual of the little boy drowning under the weight of his father's corpse from episode 2 was haunting. Maybe it isn't surprising coming from the author of Gantz. I've never had a desire to read or watch that series, though I'm aware of the violent reputation. There don't seem to be many middle ground characters so far. Or not many that receive focus anyway. Inuyashiki is pretty much a saint while Hiro(ironically named) is a devil. Watching his world come crashing down in the last couple episodes I felt no sympathy for him, but rather for his mother and father. I guess those are the kinda middle-ground characters. Them and maybe Ando but he's more morally upright I'd say. And I do like that buddy relationship he's got going with Inuyashiki. That aside we get over the top heinous yakuza guys and 2chan internet trolls, a woefully ignorant girl enamored with Hiro who will probably meet a cruel fate, and Inuyashiki's family. I honestly expected to see more of them now over half way through the show. Going forward for whatever reason I'm guessing Hiro is gonna go after Inuyashiki's daughter. Maybe it's because I think they're briefly shown together in the ending theme. I think anyway, can't tell for sure. The CGI can be distracting at times but I usually overlook it. I like Inuyashiki, the character, but considering how he acts and his kind, gentle personality he's pretty hard not to. I like Ando as well. I can't ever forgive Hiro after that second episode, even if I can kinda relate to him in certain aspects. The rest of the characters I don't really have much of an opinion on either way. I'm not sure what the author is trying to say about otaku culture with all the anime references and whatnot, but I get the sense it isn't anything good. That I could do without personally, but whatever. Maybe I'm biased. Regardless, I look forward to the last 5 episodes, show's been pretty good so far.

Oh man, One Punch Man (manga) and Hero Academia (Funi) go by in a breeze. What fun franchises! I love em.