UnevenEdge

Zom 100 Episode 3: "Best Friend Of The Dead" Discussion!

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

Yea, while I was still reading this, it always bothered me how long the utilities kept working. 

The electricity and cell phone network, internet etc would probably last longer than the water.  But all of that stuff could run for a while without anyone running and operating things.  But, I expect water to go down first, or at least become not safe to drink.

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

The electricity and cell phone network, internet etc would probably last longer than the water.  But all of that stuff could run for a while without anyone running and operating things.  But, I expect water to go down first, or at least become not safe to drink.

I doubt it, in the chaos, ground infrastructure would be toast in days. There might be pockets of it but the plants would stop working pretty quickly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I doubt it, in the chaos, ground infrastructure would be toast in days. There might be pockets of it but the plants would stop working pretty quickly. 

My feeling was the stuff is just left unattended, sort of like that Life After People show.  I don't see why the zombies would destroy infrastructure.  Unless there was fighting between people in those facilities.  But plumbing systems are more isolated and sturdy than electric systems, if it's a matter of them being attacked.

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

My feeling was the stuff is just left unattended, sort of like that Life After People show.  I don't see why the zombies would destroy infrastructure.  Unless there was fighting between people in those facilities.  But plumbing systems are more isolated and sturdy than electric systems, if it's a matter of them being attacked.

When unmanned, Nuclear, hydroelectric and geothermal will go into safe mode and go offline in 2-3 days. Conventional plants will shut down in a matter of hours. After that pretty much all other utilities will cease. The only one that might last a while is actually water, which might keep going without power in certain areas. 

Akira shouted and zombies showed up.  So they do seem to react to noise somehow.

No way in hell you can make that jump, and even if you could, your feet and legs would be destroyed.  If the buildings were side by side and not across the street, and similar height, it would be believable.

• Like 2