UnevenEdge

Ninja Kamui Episode 10: Dub & Sub Premiere Discussion Thread

Rest in peace, Emma. You deserved better. May Joe Higan get righteous vengeance!

OP: "Vengeance" by cold rain

Not enough to ensnare you? Check out this special preview!!

And just for the heck of it, here's a video [as] produced of the best fights from the first 6 episodes!

Midnight tonight, the 4th Quarter begins! ONLY TOONAMI!

• Like 2

It is almost Ninja time!

I know last weeks episode was rather disliked, but honestly, Emma had a lot of death flags. I really feel like all of the Ninjas deserve to die in some way. And I really appreciate a show that can kill off beloved characters.. as much as I hate it haha

Anyways, lets go Toonami! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

It is almost Ninja time!

I know last weeks episode was rather disliked, but honestly, Emma had a lot of death flags. I really feel like all of the Ninjas deserve to die in some way. And I really appreciate a show that can kill off beloved characters.. as much as I hate it haha

Yup

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

It is almost Ninja time!

I don't agree.  I didn't see death flags.  Emma had a bunch of death fake outs.  After she survived so many close calls, I figured she was safe, then she died anyway.  On top of that, Morris also had a death fake out, and is still alive (for now.)

I don't really feel like all the ninjas should die, but the evil ones definitely should.  The guy Higan fought last week probably didn't deserve to die.

I'll only keep watching for completion at this point, as the show has lost me, and won't re-watch.  I hope it's only one cour and we are done soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

I don't agree.  I didn't see death flags.  Emma had a bunch of death fake outs.  After she survived so many close calls, I figured she was safe, then she died anyway.  On top of that, Morris also had a death fake out, and is still alive (for now.)

I don't really feel like all the ninjas should die, but the evil ones definitely should.  The guy Higan fought last week probably didn't deserve to die.

I'll only keep watching for completion at this point, as the show has lost me, and won't re-watch.  I hope it's only one cour and we are done soon.

They are essentially mass murderers. I just feel that people like that will eventually die an untimely death one way or another. 

I guess there are not any explicit death flags for Emma, but i definitely got the implicit feeling that she was going to die. As I said, I like and respect shows that can kill off well liked characters, even if I hate the actual death it self. 

7 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

They are essentially mass murderers. I just feel that people like that will eventually die an untimely death one way or another. 

I guess there are not any explicit death flags for Emma, but i definitely got the implicit feeling that she was going to die. As I said, I like and respect shows that can kill off well liked characters, even if I hate the actual death it self. 

Yeah.

I think there were plenty of death flags for Emma, even the cliffhangers and episode teasers seemed to keep teasing she'd die in the next ep, so it's just that she seemed to have surprisingly survived them all, so I do agree it's a bit annoying they killed her anyway afterward. I guess it was inevitable jackass rich boy was always going to get to kill someone well liked in a dirty way since he's such a piece of shit.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

You could say that about a lot of modern real jobs that still exist.  I remember the History Channel documentary about the War on Drugs.  A former CIA lady was on there and talked about how the CIA's goals didn't align with the DEA's, and she "would do anything to protect the United States."  Who knows what she and other CIA agents have done.  But we know the lives the War on Drugs destroyed, and outright ended.  Most of these people live to a ripe old age in obscurity.

That, and like the agents I mentioned, these ninjas thought they were fighting for a just cause.

Depends on how the death is handled.  This one felt cheap and forced, like overkill.  Reminds me of some of the deaths that happened at the end of FMA: Brotherhood, because reasons, just to add the body count and make the final battle feel more impactful, but most of them felt very forced.

If anything, it has felt like Higan has a higher chance of going down in a blaze of glory (I guess that could still happen.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

why can't anything just go how i want it to?

that's life, my guy....

Elon Zukerberg here especially doesn't deserve to have things go his way!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

You could say that about a lot of modern real jobs that still exist.  I remember the History Channel documentary about the War on Drugs.  A former CIA lady was on there and talked about how the CIA's goals didn't align with the DEA's, and she "would do anything to protect the United States."  Who knows what she and other CIA agents have done.  But we know the lives the War on Drugs destroyed, and outright ended.  Most of these people live to a ripe old age in obscurity.

That, and like the agents I mentioned, these ninjas thought they were fighting for a just cause.

Depends on how the death is handled.  This one felt cheap and forced, like overkill.  Reminds me of some of the deaths that happened at the end of FMA: Brotherhood, because reasons, just to add the body count and make the final battle feel more impactful, but most of them felt very forced.

If anything, it has felt like Higan has a higher chance of going down in a blaze of glory (I guess that could still happen.)

While I agree from a philosophical point of view, the Ninjas in NK all directly kill what I assume are hundreds or even thousands of people. And while many of them may have been bad people, I am sure they also killed 'civilians' as well. 

And yes, as a revenge story, I assume that once Higan gets his vengeance, he will die as well. I just hope that Mike and Demarco make it out alive haha 

• Haha 1