UnevenEdge

Only Smells

So I’m getting over Covid (really thought I was immune, since I’d made it this far, but I digress), and I can barely taste or smell anything, still. Those of you that’ve had the virus, how long did it take for your senses to come back? Are they still diminished? This is driving me crazy.

I never lost the sense of taste but my sense of smell was gone for about a month or so. It messed with my synesthesia. When it came back, it was like I had to learn how to ignore smells all over again because everything seemed like too much for awhile. 

I swear I could smell the inside of my head. 

I think a former Co's wife is still dealing with lost senses but since I haven't heard from him in over a year that could have changed. 

I got covid in November 2020 and lost both my senses of taste and smell for about four days. By Thanksgiving, it was about fifty percent back to normal. By Christmas, it was maybe 80 percent. I think I never gained full functionality back, maybe 90 percent now.

I also got covid again in November 2022 and oddly enough, my taste and smell did not get affected.

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I tested positive for COVID once well after being fully vaccinated and it just felt like the most mild cold I've had in my life.

That would’ve been nice. I’m vaxxed and boosted but I was sick for 8 days. Not having  a properly working immune system will do that, I guess.

• Sad 1