UnevenEdge

RIP Rooster Teeth

28 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Red vs Blue was such a great show.

It was. And let's not forget when Monty Om (Rip) introduced full 3D animated combat into the series. Fucking amazing shit that elevated the medium.

That was so long ago.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

: [

RWBY_Cover.jpg

I prolly oughtta make sure I've gone and gotten whatever DVDs/BluRays I'm still missing.. I've kinda lapsed on collecting that after a while. I think I've not even watched several seasons... but I still felt like it was a good thing to support Monty Oum's final work.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, discolé monade said:

Yeah... idk. 10+ years is a damn good run, and... if they couldn't tell the story they wanted to tell in that time, I can't really feel that bad.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it at the start. But.. maybe I was too optimistic in thinking they had an idea of where the story was headed.

• Like 1

I don't entirely disagree, however, I'm also willing to take staff accounts that he wasn't really exactly involved so much in the writing and direction of the show. So, I wouldn't rule out the possibility it still wouldn't have reached this point regardless.

Especially if you consider the likelihood of him feeling ready to move on or start new projects in this time frame. The man was a machine and surely would've felt the creative pull towards something new.

I'll miss his contributions to the show, but I'll miss his contributions to the industry even more. I'll forever wonder how animation could've been changed/influenced as he continued to grow.