UnevenEdge

Pro Wrestling Thread

Posted (edited)

I'm not really an AEW fan by any stretch of the imagination, their product just doesn't do it for me. With that being said I'm getting real sick and tired of WWE bots constantly taking shots at AEW for no apparent reason. Okada debuts last night and all I'm seeing is a bunch of WWE drones crapping all over it. What business is it of yours of what Tony Khan is paying him? Are you mad that he chose to go to AEW and not WWE because that's what it sounds like. What gets me is that with WrestleMania right around the corner and the buzz surrounding WWE why do these clowns care about what's happening in AEW? I don't like Tony Khan but have I to agree with what he said about being an AEW fan means that you're under constant attack. And that's all I'm seeing from these bots lately. Shut the hell up and worry about what's going on with your favorite promotion.

Edited by -Kudasai-
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

I’m starting to hate wrestling fans as a whole. You make one negative comment about a popular wrestler you’re just not a fan of, and suddenly you’re public enemy #1. :LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

The IWC as a whole is a massive shitshow. I figured that out several years ago when several of my favorite wrestlers at the time, which also happened to be some of the IWC's favorites as well, finally got their due and won the big belts and they were suddenly massively hated. I concluded that some people just want something to bitch about so I largely quit engaging wtih them.

Mark my words: As soon as Cody "finishes the story", the IWC is gonna turn on him and demand he drop the belt at the PPV following WrestleMania XL, if not sooner. (I'll be happy as a clam because the guy truly deserves it after all the hard work he's put in to improve both on the mic and in the ring.)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

I’m starting to hate wrestling fans as a whole. You make one negative comment about a popular wrestler you’re just not a fan of, and suddenly you’re public enemy #1. :LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

I swear wrestling fandom these days feels more cult like than actually being a fan

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, -Kudasai- said:

I swear wrestling fandom these days feels more cult like than actually being a fan

Exactly, especially with the AEW vs. WWE tribalism going on these days. We should just watch what we like without making fun of each other for it. (But that's just too much to ask so...*shrugs*?)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

My rule for (pro wrestling/motorsports/R&M/vtubers/etc.) is "The less you interact with the general 'fan' population the more you will enjoy actually watching said thing"

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

If you told me ten years ago "You will be surprised to see a match between Edge and Zack Ryder in 2024" I would've called you a damn liar BEFORE we got to "also, it's not in WWE and neither guy goes by those names anymore."

• Thanks 2

In a somewhat shocking turn of events, it seems that I may not be able to watch night 1 of Wrestlemania until probably tomorrow afternoon. That means I may have to steer clear of the internet (at least Facebook) until then.

And if anyone spoils any of it for me, I will lay the Smackdown on some candy asses. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

In a somewhat shocking turn of events, it seems that I may not be able to watch night 1 of Wrestlemania until probably tomorrow afternoon. That means I may have to steer clear of the internet (at least Facebook) until then.

And if anyone spoils any of it for me, I will lay the Smackdown on some candy asses. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Internet made it sound like 2/3s of the show was the entrances.

• Haha 3

So we have either "Everybody into the pool!" or "The Bloodline stacks Cody, Seth, Brandi, their kid, Pharaoh, Mama Rhodes, Dustin somehow even though he's in AEW, and Dusty even more somehow since he's dead, on top of each other for the pin" in play tonight.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Seight said:

So we have either "Everybody into the pool!" or "The Bloodline stacks Cody, Seth, Brandi, their kid, Pharaoh, Mama Rhodes, Dustin somehow even though he's in AEW, and Dusty even more somehow since he's dead, on top of each other for the pin" in play tonight.

Well thank God it was the first one, I don't know how much more of Bloodline Dinner TheatreTM we could take.

• Like 1

So they actually did it. AEW showed the ALL IN London backstage confrontation between CM Punk and Jack Perry.

A couple things. First, it doesn't necessarily paint Punk in a positive light considering he did swing at Perry first. (At least according to the video.) At the same time, Perry looked like he was getting ready to scrap with Punk before Punk attacked him so it may have been preemptive on Punk's part. Also, Jack Perry needed to be put in his place. Punk did that, and he got punished for it because Tony Khan doesn't know how to be a proper boss. He wants to be everyone's friend. Furthermore, If it had been during the Attitude Era, when the Undertaker was considered the locker room leader, we'd be praising him for keeping people in line. But since it's CM Punk trying to do the same thing, especially since Tony Khan didn't do a damn thing to squash things, to keep certain egos in check, some AEW fans insist on shitting on the Second City Saint.

To me, this really does prove CM Punk was right about AEW. (And I like AEW, too, just like I liked WCW before the whole "Fingerpoke of Doom" incident.)

TL,DR: Jack Perry needed to be put in his place; CM Punk did that. AEW brass got buttmad and let CM Punk go. Because CM Punk told his side of the story, the Young Bucks got buttmad and showed this clip, which might end up being the beginning of the end for AEW, proving what CM Punk said about the promotion was actually the truth.

2 minutes ago, -Kudasai- said:

They we're better off not responding to Punk

Yeah, well, the Young Bucks just couldn't help themselves. That's what happens when you have a boss who lets his EVP's egos get so inflated they think they can do whatever they want and to hell with what everyone else thinks, even the actual boss.

I might as well call it now. RIP AEW.

Edited by Gemini

2 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Yeah, well, the Young Bucks just couldn't help themselves.

I might as well call it now. RIP AEW.

I'm not willing to go that far but I will say there needs to be changes made at the top

• Like 1

I want to have some fun. 

If you could rebook one wrestling show from any time period what would it be and what would be the match results?

For me it's Wrestlemania 13. Despite the Submission match Between Steve Austin and Bret Hart this is a very forgettable Wrestlemania largely due to Shawn Michaels "losing his smile" and fucking up the original plans. So I'm going to rebook this show using the same situation with Michaels being unavailable. 

WWF Title Match

Undertaker vs. Bret Hart (Champion) 

Winner: Undertaker

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Vader

Winner: Stone Cold

Steel Cage Match

Ahmed Johnson vs Farooq

Winner: Farooq

WWF Tag Team Title Match

Legion of Doom vs. Owen and British Bulldog (Champions)

Winner: Legion of Doom

Mankind vs Psycho Sid

Winner: Mankind

Intercontinental Title Match

Goldust  vs. HHH (Champion)

Winner: HHH

Rocky Maiva vs. The Sultan

Winner: Rocky Maivia

On 4/10/2024 at 9:21 PM, Gemini said:

So they actually did it. AEW showed the ALL IN London backstage confrontation between CM Punk and Jack Perry.

A couple things. First, it doesn't necessarily paint Punk in a positive light considering he did swing at Perry first. (At least according to the video.) At the same time, Perry looked like he was getting ready to scrap with Punk before Punk attacked him so it may have been preemptive on Punk's part. Also, Jack Perry needed to be put in his place. Punk did that, and he got punished for it because Tony Khan doesn't know how to be a proper boss. He wants to be everyone's friend. Furthermore, If it had been during the Attitude Era, when the Undertaker was considered the locker room leader, we'd be praising him for keeping people in line. But since it's CM Punk trying to do the same thing, especially since Tony Khan didn't do a damn thing to squash things, to keep certain egos in check, some AEW fans insist on shitting on the Second City Saint.

To me, this really does prove CM Punk was right about AEW. (And I like AEW, too, just like I liked WCW before the whole "Fingerpoke of Doom" incident.)

TL,DR: Jack Perry needed to be put in his place; CM Punk did that. AEW brass got buttmad and let CM Punk go. Because CM Punk told his side of the story, the Young Bucks got buttmad and showed this clip, which might end up being the beginning of the end for AEW, proving what CM Punk said about the promotion was actually the truth.

I think Tony Schiavone summed it up better than I ever could:

schiavone.0.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, -Kudasai- said:

LMAO!

I'll allow it because A) funny and B) he's currently part of House of Torture, which for those of you who don't watch New Japan is just the DIRT FUCKING WORST stable possible.

It shouldn't be possible to make Bullet Club uncool but they put in the work night after night to prove me wrong.

On 4/13/2024 at 6:14 AM, Seight said:

I'll allow it because A) funny and B) he's currently part of House of Torture, which for those of you who don't watch New Japan is just the DIRT FUCKING WORST stable possible.

It shouldn't be possible to make Bullet Club uncool but they put in the work night after night to prove me wrong.

Let him cook

Screenshot_20240419-103127.png

• Haha 2