UnevenEdge

Pro Wrestling Thread

• -Kudasai- changed the title to Pro Wrestling Thread
1 hour ago, The_annoying_one said:

I like Bayley, but I was really hoping Jade Cargill would win.

See, I like Jade Cargill, too, but she needs some time to establish herself in WWE. So I'm perfectly okay with Bayley winning the Women's Royal Rumble match. She's been on the back burner long enough.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gemini said:

See, I like Jade Cargill, too, but she needs some time to establish herself in WWE. So I'm perfectly okay with Bayley winning the Women's Royal Rumble match. She's been on the back burner long enough.

You’re absolutely right, of course. I kind of wanted her to win just for the shock value. Bayley ultimately did deserve it more, though.

• Thanks 2

The people who didn't ask Triple H about Vince in the post-show press conference are the reason it took actual journalists and not wrestling "journalists" to find out about the things Vince was accused of doing in the first place.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Seight said:

The people who didn't ask Triple H about Vince in the post-show press conference are the reason it took actual journalists and not wrestling "journalists" to find out about the things Vince was accused of doing in the first place.

Honestly I feel the days of dirtsheets being the end all be all are coming to end. They're losing credibility more and more and it seems like it's starting to slowly die off and I can't be any happier. It's like these "journalists" are too busy trying to make themselves the story and meanwhile things like what's going with Vince is going unnoticed.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

Raul Julia left out in the sun too long. 

Vince McMahon does kind of look like Raul Julia when he played Gomez Addams in the Addams Family movies in the early '90s. lol

Fuck Vince McMahon*

*my lawyers have advised me to clarify this is meant pejoratively, not a command (as he would**)

**my lawyers have advised me to say: “allegedly”

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Seight said:

I just saw the end of this week's Smackdown and...

I get why they're doing it, I just don't get why they did it IN THAT WAY.

Cody Rhodes is starting to look more and more like Lex Luger the longer this goes on 

Edited by -Kudasai-
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, -Kudasai- said:

So The Rock has apparently joined the Bloodline. Remember Wrestlemania 14 when Mike Tyson joined DX only to double cross Shawn Michaels? Just keep that in mind.

With what happened at WrestleMania last year (Solo getting tossed from ringside only for him to come back and spike Cody to help Roman Reigns and the ref seeing him and not questioning his presence ringside), I've decided that I just don't care about what happens in WWE anymore. I'll stick with AEW, TNA, NJPW, and local wrestling.

6 minutes ago, Gemini said:

With what happened at WrestleMania last year (Solo getting tossed from ringside only for him to come back and spike Cody to help Roman Reigns and the ref seeing him and not questioning his presence ringside), I've decided that I just don't care about what happens in WWE anymore. I'll stick with AEW, TNA, NJPW, and local wrestling.

image.gif.80dd6d544aca074f6789be539862c76b.gif

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, -Kudasai- said:

So The Rock has apparently joined the Bloodline. Remember Wrestlemania 14 when Mike Tyson joined DX only to double cross Shawn Michaels? Just keep that in mind.

I fear that WWE forgets that even in the old "Heel Territories" the faces won...you know, sometimes.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seight said:

I fear that WWE forgets that even in the old "Heel Territories" the faces won...you know, sometimes.

That's WWE for you, just when you think things are going smoothly the other shoe eventually drops.

• Thanks 3

On 2/8/2024 at 8:11 PM, -Kudasai- said:

image.gif.80dd6d544aca074f6789be539862c76b.gif

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad Cody's getting a second chance at Roman Reigns at WrestleMania XL. I just fear WWE is gonna keep Roman as WWE Champion to try to overtake Hulk Hogan's longest reign as WWE Champion before they finally have him drop it, which makes me completely jaded. I'll probably watch the match, but I wouldn't be surprised if they keep this whole thing going for at least another year.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

In TNA news, Tommy dreamer has taken over as head of creative, replacing Scott D’Amore.

I’m currently on my phone, so I can’t provide a link right now. I will as soon as I’m back on my computer.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 1:11 PM, Gemini said:

In TNA news, Tommy dreamer has taken over as head of creative, replacing Scott D’Amore.

I’m currently on my phone, so I can’t provide a link right now. I will as soon as I’m back on my computer.

• Like 2