UnevenEdge

Can Jason DeMarco's anime-style LOTR movie War Of The Rohirrim be as successful as the Live-Action trilogies?

It’s an ashcan movie that shouldn’t exist as far as I’m concerned, a crude attempt to keep a copyright.  The LOTR Trilogy is one of the greatest film trilogies of all time, and Return of the King won all the Oscars.  This is…not that.

3 hours ago, Jman said:

It’s an ashcan movie that shouldn’t exist as far as I’m concerned, a crude attempt to keep a copyright.  The LOTR Trilogy is one of the greatest film trilogies of all time, and Return of the King won all the Oscars.  This is…not that.

Well, that's pretty dumb!

Should be a great 6-episode TV series on Toonami sometime in 2025 though...

11 minutes ago, Jman said:

He’s an executive producer on the film.

I found that on IMDb since he's so involved that Wiki didn't bother to mention him once.

"Jason DeMarco's anime-style LOTR" seems like explicitly dishonest framing.

Typically, if you were to frame things this way, it would be referencing an important figure in the project, such as writer or director (Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings, Noaki Urasawa's Monster), not some random executive producer people don't like.

l'm not even putting up much of a defense for the series, DeMarco, nor the article. Just the thread framing was like, bruh, what? 😐

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 1