UnevenEdge

LatAm Twitter account states Ninja Kamui will premier in Latin America on Feb 11th

Sweet. I'm assuming DeMarco still doesn't like surprise schedule drops, so he must be annoyed about this. But we already had a good idea of the schedule before this, and now things are mapped even further out.

[please be good, please be good...]

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Sweet. I'm assuming DeMarco still doesn't like surprise schedule drops, so he must be annoyed about this. But we already had a good idea of the schedule before this, and now things are mapped even further out.

[please be good, please be good...]

This is how schedule drops should be. Demarco’s obsession with keeping things hidden till two weeks before air time was always moronic. He still tries though, Entertainment and Lycoris only got made Facebook official 2 weeks ago despite being revealed over a month ago. 

I really like this because it means the schedule is fully locked in till mid April or so. We have like 3.5 full months where we don’t have to play the schedule guessing game. Just chill and watch. 

• Like 2

I guess the long-term plan really IS an Aniplex Power Hour at 12:30 then? Dr. Stone only temporarily holds down the slot, but if you think Ninja Kamui won't start at Midnight or perhaps earlier, I have a bridge in the Mojave desert I wanna sell you... 😉

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

That certainly does explain the sudden extra episode of Dr. Stone at the end of the year.
The strong start to 2024 continues! 

Hey, I didn't think of that! Indeed it does, because an expansion to squeeze in the 7th episode of Demon Slayer: Mugen Train Arc marathon couldn't even be done technically under Toonami. For whatever reason, the powers that be in WBD clearly currently only want Toonami to run 12-3 AM and in order to keep that runtime, they would have to kick an IGPX out in the cold of plain ol' post-3 AM [as] or something.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

This is how schedule drops should be. Demarco’s obsession with keeping things hidden till two weeks before air time was always moronic. He still tries though, Entertainment and Lycoris only got made Facebook official 2 weeks ago despite being revealed over a month ago. 

I really like this because it means the schedule is fully locked in till mid April or so. We have like 3.5 full months where we don’t have to play the schedule guessing game. Just chill and watch. 

Seriously. Last minute schedule drops don’t do anyone any good

I feel like this is revenge for Soul Eater showing up on a guide early 

Remember Lupin 5? They were going to take that all the way to Momocon until Epcar himself confirmed it in late April of 2019

1 hour ago, brianycpht said:

I feel like this is revenge for Soul Eater showing up on a guide early

Oh yeah, I remember that. The paper grid schedule went extinct 'cause Demarco didn't like that they did that.

But if you ask me, this is more likely revenge for being forced to announce Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins before their premieres in general, as opposed to Demarco's intended "watch the block to find out what's airing!" method of announcement.

Edited by PokeNirvash

17 minutes ago, Sketch said:

A novel idea but a confounding one nonetheless. You don’t simply start a new block and not tell anyone what will be on it.

Especially considering half the people were expecting a nostalgia block and the other half a block with all new shows. Neither of which was what we got. Being upfront that it was only going to be 2 new shows alongside Bleach and ASA reruns helped lower expectations of what this Toonami would start out as 

2 hours ago, brianycpht said:

Especially considering half the people were expecting a nostalgia block and the other half a block with all new shows. Neither of which was what we got. Being upfront that it was only going to be 2 new shows alongside Bleach and ASA reruns helped lower expectations of what this Toonami would start out as 

It was especially important to manage expectations since the actual prank block set an impossibly high bar. They really needed to be up front that the block was a trial run at a revival and high dollar shows like DBZ and Gundam weren’t gonna be options in 2012. Things worked out in the end and that info did get around, but through niche Tumblr q/a sessions months into the revival. 

15 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

It was especially important to manage expectations since the actual prank block set an impossibly high bar. They really needed to be up front that the block was a trial run at a revival and high dollar shows like DBZ and Gundam weren’t gonna be options in 2012. Things worked out in the end and that info did get around, but through niche Tumblr q/a sessions months into the revival. 

Can you imagine how quick the block would’ve ended if they decided to go full nostalgia? 

It would’ve been crazy expensive and the novelty of it would’ve be worn off after a few weeks 

History had proven bringing in an old show doesnt lead to success no matter how many requests it gets 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...