UnevenEdge

Cold, and Media

SwimOdin

I have this peculiar predilection: I love to pair a cold day with media that involves the cold. For example, on a really cold day, I will want to watch The Hateful Eight, or play Death Stranding. I ONLY do this with the cold.

Any of y’all do something like this? I know we all have our media we like in certain seasons, but do you have any temperature-based go-to?

• Like 1

i don't know that I'd change my media habits based on that alone* but i do feel like media with cold weather in it just hits better when it's cold outside. it seems especially true for games, at least for me

*it's a factor, but only one among the millions of other little things that can factor into what happens to provide dopamine at any given time

Edited by Lynnrael

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Not so much with cold...in fact this is a bit left but back when I drank, I only played fighting games when I was drunk. I was ass sober because I was cautious. So sober I played souls games and things that took a bit more than muscle memory.

I was frequently drink-fighting as well.

4 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

i don't know that I'd change my media habits based on that alone* but i do feel like media with cold weather in it just hits better when it's cold outside. it seems especially true for games, at least for me

*it's a factor, but only one among the millions of other little things that can factor into what happens to provide dopamine at any given time

Same same same. If I’m in a cold environment in a game and it’s cold out, it just hits different, in the parlance of our time.

• Like 1