UnevenEdge

Which anime character do you think would be the next Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon?

Mr. Idea Box

As we bask into the afterglow of Luffy's parade debut, I thought I'd ask you guys what comes next.

Would another Dragon Ball character join Goku? What about a second One Piece balloon to promote Netflix's next season? Could Naruto or Deku be next, and become the Mount Rushmore of anime heroes?

There's a lot of options, but it would be funny if Chopper's debut happened before Santa's arrival. Just looking at him explains why.

Edited by Mr. Idea Box

9 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

I wouldn’t hold your breath on there ever being more. Anime has been growing significantly in the west, but in the grand scheme is still a very niche interest. Toei’s wallet helped Luffy get his time in the spotlight. 

I don't expect more immediately, but I made this post as a thinking corner to see what people on this site want to be turned into a parade balloon.

For example, I think a Chopper balloon would be made funnier if it was the last balloon of the parade, being based on a talking reindeer and all.

• Like 1