UnevenEdge

I think I need to write the White House, my Congresswoman, and my senators,

ghostrek

The other day I thought oh crap something it happens in the indo-pacific similar to  the invasion  of Ukraine  last year they would be a lot of civilian refugees with no place to go unlike Ukraine there's no land borders for many like Japan ,South Korea, Singapore , even the Philippines  so I just realized that's a giant humanitarian crisis that's waiting to happen not mentioned there's someplace I'm not going to name because we all know what it is and it's a renegade province of China so claims the PRC

Edited by ghostrek

2 minutes ago, stilgar said:

And?

Well a solution needs to be found because we don't have enough civilian ships to support our military and such in conflict  let her own do a dunkirk times a thousand miles at least  i mean it would be ludicrous to do a humanitarian airlift during a war with with a near pure adversary  in contested skies

so let alone a humanitarian sea lift is the only option similar to the Dunkirk all  be it civilians or something similar to 9/11 manhattan  boat lift  the during 2001 911 attacks

Edited by ghostrek

15 hours ago, scoobdog said:

So, how big a humanitarian sea lift?

Wow the size would be big so big it would be actually impossible to do so

mean presuming this shit  with Taiwan specifically happens  the civilian evacuation would be a secondary thing next to military supplies coming in presuming the US and other Asian and Pacific Nations helpNow trying to figure out this it's going to be a multinational effort 

@scoobdog  plus the US flag vessels are at the critical lowest  it has ever been

Edited by ghostrek

8 hours ago, ghostrek said:

Wow the size would be big so big it would be actually impossible to do so

mean presuming this shit  with Taiwan specifically happens  the civilian evacuation would be a secondary thing next to military supplies coming in presuming the US and other Asian and Pacific Nations helpNow trying to figure out this it's going to be a multinational effort 

@scoobdog  plus the US flag vessels are at the critical lowest  it has ever been

Then I'm sure most of those Asian countries have already thought about it just as we have.