UnevenEdge

Lawn is mowed.

Greeny

Got mine done around 1pm local.  Came inside & thought I heard thunder, it's been raining on and off since.  We had a small chance of rain (we're down around 7" for the year) and I didn't hold out much hope.  Now there's flash flood watches just to the west of us.  Climate change weather is crazy.

Mowing the lawn is a big production for me because I live in lyme disease territory.  I have to cover from head to toe which is oh so much fun in the heat.  But my neighbor down the block lost her husband to lyme disease so I'm terrified and don't let even a centimeter of skin or single strand of hair show  :sadppy: I even wear goggles.  I look more like I'm going out to inspect hazardous waste rather than out to mow/weed wack.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vela said:

Mowing the lawn is a big production for me because I live in lyme disease territory.  I have to cover from head to toe which is oh so much fun in the heat.  But my neighbor down the block lost her husband to lyme disease so I'm terrified and don't let even a centimeter of skin or single strand of hair show  :sadppy: I even wear goggles.  I look more like I'm going out to inspect hazardous waste rather than out to mow/weed wack.

Fuck that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tsar4 said:

Got mine done around 1pm local.  Came inside & thought I heard thunder, it's been raining on and off since.  We had a small chance of rain (we're down around 7" for the year) and I didn't hold out much hope.  Now there's flash flood watches just to the west of us.  Climate change weather is crazy.

Be safe out there.

1 minute ago, Greeny said:

Do you at least have a riding mower?

I...do not.  But I do have a battery op mower with a whatchama call it...like autopilot...goes on it's own until I squeeze the thingy to make it stop :LithiumSmileyIndifferent: :extremeindifferent: don't hafta push much.  

3 minutes ago, Vela said:

I...do not.  But I do have a battery op mower with a whatchama call it...like autopilot...goes on it's own until I squeeze the thingy to make it stop :LithiumSmileyIndifferent: :extremeindifferent: don't hafta push much.  

Yeah, fuck that. Let that shit grow. Or just get astroturf. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I'd just let it grow. Or just kill the whole lawn and replace it with the fake grass they use in domed baseball/football fields.

It's a pretty big lawn though...that's a lot of astro turf xD .  By all accounts it's a decent size for a ride on mower.  Greeny's right, I should probably invest in one.

I can't let it grow because my house is conspicuous.  The property is triangular shaped with main roads on both sides and at the tip of the triangle where the two main roads meet is a little monument with a fountain n everything...long explanation short my house is on display and one summer I visited family for a month and came back to a notice from the town yelling at me about "overgrowth".  In all fairness they probably have strict ordinances because of the Lyme disease, it originated only about 40 min from me in Old Lyme and the ticks are less of a threat in short vegetation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vela said:

It's a pretty big lawn though...that's a lot of astro turf xD .  By all accounts it's a decent size for a ride on mower.  Greeny's right, I should probably invest in one.

I can't let it grow because my house is conspicuous.  The property is triangular shaped with main roads on both sides and at the tip of the triangle where the two main roads meet is a little monument with a fountain n everything...long explanation short my house is on display and one summer I visited family for a month and came back to a notice from the town yelling at me about "overgrowth".  In all fairness they probably have strict ordinances because of the Lyme disease, it originated only about 40 min from me in Old Lyme and the ticks are less of a threat in short vegetation.

Did you try telling them to fuck off?

1 minute ago, The_annoying_one said:

Fine then. Being basically a full-blown hermit is mine.

Well shit I was just going to tell him that I didn't tell the guy who came knocking on my door to 'fuck off' because I didn't even want to answer the door in the first place xD but I was more afraid of getting fined so I did.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vela said:

Well shit I was just going to tell him that I didn't tell the guy who came knocking on my door to 'fuck off' because I didn't even want to answer the door in the first place xD but I was more afraid of getting fined so I did.

14 year old neighbor boy knocked on my door this afternoon & I was just like "Fuck it. I ain't home.", even though he probably clearly knew I was. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

1 minute ago, The_annoying_one said:

14 year old neighbor boy knocked on my door this afternoon & I was just like "Fuck it. I ain't home.", even though he probably clearly knew I was. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

I turn into Solid fucking Snake when someone knocks on my door. I go prone and peek out the windows.

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

But the notice actually said I would get a fine if I didn't cut the mf grass, so I answered to let them know I was planning on it...so then the guy gave me a week to do it in.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Greeny said:

I turn into Solid fucking Snake when someone knocks on my door. I go prone and peek out the windows.

Oh...I do too.  I have two spots where I can look out and know I can't be seen.  Three if there isn't another person in the car waiting for the person at the door.

1 minute ago, Vela said:

But the notice actually said I would get a fine if I didn't cut the mf grass, so I answered to let them know I was planning on it...so then the guy gave me a week to do it in.  

It's horseshit that they can fine you. At least pay the property tax if you're going to dictate what I do or don't with it as long as it's nothing illegal.

1 minute ago, Vela said:

Same thing happened to me about a year or two ago. My (now former) next door bitch of a neighbor reported me because my grass got a little high. Only reason it did was because I was very sick at the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vela said:

Oh...I do too.  I have two spots where I can look out and know I can't be seen.  Three if there isn't another person in the car waiting for the person at the door.

Are you ready to CQC a motherfucker too?

1 minute ago, Greeny said:

It's horseshit that they can fine you.

Yeah I thought so too.  But apparently the guy walked all around my property to survey it because he sited the grass and a fallen tree which I had to tell him was on town property and not mine.  I just wanted him to go away and not come back, stuff like that stresses me out far more than it should.xD

3 minutes ago, Vela said:

Yeah I thought so too.  But apparently the guy walked all around my property to survey it because he sited the grass and a fallen tree which I had to tell him was on town property and not mine.  I just wanted him to go away and not come back, stuff like that stresses me out far more than it should.xD

Free country my ass. They can trespass on your property just because they're "with the city".

• Thanks 1