UnevenEdge

New demographic results show 68% of Cartoon Network viewers are over 18

Jman

I’d get this if CN had a decent spread of content, but they don’t. If Teen Titans Go isn’t on, Gumball is. And now and then Craig is on. How is that commanding 68% of the audience over 18? I think the kid demographic is simply a lost cause at this point, and maybe it’s time to reevaluate how to better pursue this unintended audience

Batwheels is even more confusing to me. Normally I don’t even think about Cartoonito, but what is that show doing to command such a strong adult audience? My most sensible theory is 29 is a pretty common age for having kids, so new parents put it on for their kid. Do these statistics even have a way to measure toddler engagement?

There are a decent amount of adult animation fans that enjoy Gumball, Craig and yes Teen Titans Go but probably the majority of the audience are parents.

I also figure CNs viewership is so absolutely rock bottom that they didn’t gain any adults to reach that ratio they simply lost way more kids. Hard to say what would potentially grow that adult audience by any significant degree beyond heavy amounts of nostalgic programming but there’s basically no hope for getting the kids back.

Edited by Sketch

12 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

For what it's the worth, the tweet in the OP said that the 68% of viewers are over 18 only applies to the hours between 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, not the entire network as a whole.

Yes that’s true but they also said in a prior report that the median age for the networks total daytime viewership is currently 29 years old. A significant amount of that are surely parents but that’s still a wild ratio for a “kids channel”