UnevenEdge

So Jupiter and Venus will be nearly aligned tonight!

5 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I live on a street with lots of lights, houses and trees. Stars, planets, etc are not too visible, probably. Also, I plan on planting my butt firmly on my couch soon, and not moving unless I have to use the restroom or go to bed.

They are pretty luminous though you should try haha or go find an area outside the city! 

6 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

Look to the sky and check it out! 

Guess I'd better post this in memory of the Start Hustler himself. Jack Horkheimer would be so proud. (Yes, I know I've posted this a couple times before, but here, it totally fits.)

Edited by hornedlizardman
  • Like 1

Just now, Vela said:

Venus is my "ruling" planet :)  But it's been too cloudy all night here :(  I even have a small telescope that I hardly use.  It's just all grey up there.  

And Mercury is my "ruling" planet, according to western astrology. (And the telescope I have is broken, sadly. ;_; I has a sad.)

14 minutes ago, Vela said:

Give me your sad.  

Mio Eating GIF - Mio Eating Nervous - Discover & Share GIFs  I EAT IT!

So you're a human girl version of Calcifer from Howl's Moving Castle? (By the way, I almost bought that on DVD and BluRay when I was at Walmart earlier.)

(And thanks. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm coming off as rather smart. I'm really not meaning to.)

2 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

So you're a human girl version of Calcifer from Howl's Moving Castle? (By the way, I almost bought that on DVD and BluRay when I was at Walmart earlier.)

Hahah, nice reference!  The girl in the gif is writing the kanji for 'person' and then "eating it", it's something parents used to tell kids to do when they were emotional, it's supposed to represent conquering ones fears like dominance over your emotions.

What stopped ya?  The hoarder in me likes hard copies of things.  

4 minutes ago, Vela said:

Hahah, nice reference!  The girl in the gif is writing the kanji for 'person' and then "eating it", it's something parents used to tell kids to do when they were emotional, it's supposed to represent conquering ones fears like dominance over your emotions.

What stopped ya?  The hoarder in me likes hard copies of things.  

It was, like 10:40 pm (my time) and Walmart was about to close. I couldn't stay there long. I wish I had grabbed it when I had the chance. (In fact...check your phone. I sent you a pic of the actual copy I was gonna get. Also, Goodbye Don Glees looked interesting as well.)

5 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

. I sent you a pic 

Yep, that's Howl's Moving Castle alright, lol.  I'm  not familiar with GB Don Glees but I've seen Song of the Sea.  I watched it because of the art style...it's entirely hand drawn animation.  It also has a beautiful song in it that I'd love to learn, I haven't committed time to learning it yet because it's in Gaelic, so it'd take a bit of time.

1 minute ago, Vela said:

Yep, that's Howl's Moving Castle alright, lol.  I'm  not familiar with GB Don Glees but I've seen Song of the Sea.  I watched it because of the art style...it's entirely hand drawn animation.  It also has a beautiful song in it that I'd love to learn, I haven't committed time to learning it yet because it's in Gaelic, so it'd take a bit of time.

Well, darn then. I should buy Howl's Moving Castle and Song of the Sea next time I'm at Walmart. (Also, I finally downloaded Crunchyroll onto my PS4 so I can watch anime on my TV. I've been wanting to watch Blade Runner: Black Lotus ever since it was announced that it was gonna get made. It's based on my favorite movie of all-time, Blade Runner, which is also based off of the Philip K. Dick novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?".)

5 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

Well, darn then. I should buy Howl's Moving Castle and Song of the Sea next time I'm at Walmart. (Also, I finally downloaded Crunchyroll onto my PS4 so I can watch anime on my TV. I've been wanting to watch Blade Runner: Black Lotus ever since it was announced that it was gonna get made. It's based on my favorite movie of all-time, Blade Runner, which is also based off of the Philip K. Dick novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?".)

Song of the Sea is kind of a children's movie but there's a lot of real Irish folklore and deities in it, for one thing one of the main characters is a selkie

I'm mostly familiar with the Harrison Ford movie.  Which I know was based loosely off of the book.  Maybe that'll be the anime I watch next!

3 minutes ago, Vela said:

Song of the Sea is kind of a children's movie but there's a lot of real Irish folklore and deities in it, for one thing one of the main characters is a selkie

I'm mostly familiar with the Harrison Ford movie.  Which I know was based loosely off of the book.  Maybe that'll be the anime I watch next!

I have a digital copy of the final cut edition of the movie. I swear it's the absolute best version of the movie, and again, the greatest film of all-time of any genre. (Most times, they show the original theatrical version on TV, and that version has narration in it. It's my least favorite iteration of the film.) And I don't care what anybody says. I loved the sequel as well.

1 minute ago, hornedlizardman said:

I have a digital copy of the final cut edition of the movie. I swear it's the absolute best version of the movie, and again, the greatest film of all-time of any genre. (Most times, they show the original theatrical version on TV, and that version has narration in it. It's my least favorite iteration of the film.) And I don't care what anybody says. I loved the sequel as well.

I'm three minutes into the first scene of the anime XD  The city looks like a lot like the one from the movie.  But I remember why I wasn't in a rush to watch it now...it's CGI.  I mean it looks like it might be high budget but still too rushed.  Not terrible though.  Think I'll stick with it and watch the rest tomorrow.  Thanks for mentioning it to me!

It's time.  Time for the bedz.  Nighty night, Sleep well when you do!

17,591 Anatomical Heart Stock Photos and Images - 123RF

• Like 1

Just now, Vela said:

I'm three minutes into the first scene of the anime XD  The city looks like a lot like the one from the movie.  But I remember why I wasn't in a rush to watch it now...it's CGI.  I mean it looks like it might be high budget but still too rushed.  Not terrible though.  Think I'll stick with it and watch the rest tomorrow.  Thanks for mentioning it to me!

It's time.  Time for the bedz.  Nighty night, Sleep well when you do!

17,591 Anatomical Heart Stock Photos and Images - 123RF

Of course. Bye for now. Sweet well!

detailed-drawing-human-heart-retro-style

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vela said:

Venus is my "ruling" planet :)  But it's been too cloudy all night here :(  I even have a small telescope that I hardly use.  It's just all grey up there.  

Venus is amazing.

It is essentially like a twin to earth with nearly the same mass and gravity and similar composition. It is believed that Venus is also on the the same atmospheric trajectory as earth, except for the fact that it is a few hundred million years ahead of earth, give or take. 

It has a sidereal rotational period of 243 days, longer than that of any other planet in the solar system. This means that technically its days are longer than its years!

It has the lowest gravitational potential difference and delta-v needed for travel there, making it an ideal planet to explore. 

It has a super dense atmosphere that is some 92 times that of earth with an average temperature of 864 C, yet at the surface the temperature gradients are never greater than a few degrees. Even so, It's upper atmosphere is always in vigorous mixing. It is thought that Venus' current atmospheric state is a result of a long standing runaway greenhouse effect. 

It is my favorite of all the solar planets!