UnevenEdge

Toonami Fan-Art Submissions are now canceled

9 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

why_we_cant_have_nice_things.jpg

and now toonami cannot trust the fans so we'll likely never see them give the fans another way to interact and get themselves invested in the block personally

The Crew Brought fan-art submissions back for the fans because they wanted the block to have something special to look forward to and now with it canceled

Gill Austin And His Team are probably pissed that an idea they felt passionate about it died so quickly because the internet took advantage of the fact they are a small team with no time to verify every piece of fan-art submitted

It was The Honor System...they trusted fans to do the right thing and not send in anything stolen or weird

but the fans couldn't obey that rule....and here we are

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jman said:

Good to see Toonami is starting off 2023 the same way it did 2022.

Confused and underfunded.

what sucks is i feel with streaming services being the way they are...

toonami needs something special to motivate fans to get invested and interact during the block...

can't expect people to avoid watching MHA S6 episodes until they air on toonami if you don't reward them for doing so

2 hours ago, Jman said:

Not sure if troll wanting free fan-art, or someone who doesn’t like Toonami and wants to kill any attempt at viral marketing.

this is something i still don't understand....this person paid for a subscription to view this picture then they stole it and submitted it to toonami

why?...i don't know

• Confused 1

Lol remember that time AS ran a bumper about KLK and used uncredited fanart? An honest mistake I’m sure, but entirely their fault. They have a history of half assing the vetting process, but rather than take responsibility they would rather shift all the blame to the fans. 

Oh well, this is probably for the best. If we were on #2 and already airing fat fetish art, I don’t even want to think what was gonna slip by next time. No doubt seeing that on cable was going to be a greenlight for all types of degenerates to submit fetish art. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

I Like fat chicks but this situation made me want to jump out the living room window....i don't need help feeling like shit about myself

I mean, you don't actually find that picture attractive do you? She was comically inflated beyond the laws of physics.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daos said:

I mean, you don't actually find that picture attractive do you? She was comically inflated beyond the laws of physics.

Nope Not At all....Seen the artist's work beforehand and have never really been that into it

I Typically don't care for that kind of fat art whatsoever

It’s the end of the day now, and the Facebook page has not posted anything. So it seems their statement about fan art Friday being dead as well is the truth. 

IMO that’s a bigger loss for them than the on air segment, as it was one of the only things the Facebook page had to interact with people with. Now it will just be the occasional show reveal and an endless loop of that weeks new episode promo. 

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

13 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

It’s the end of the day now, and the Facebook page has not posted anything. So it seems their statement about fan art Friday being dead as well is the truth. 

IMO that’s a bigger loss for them than the on air segment, as it was one of the only things the Facebook page had to interact with people with. Now it will just be the occasional show reveal and an endless loop of that weeks new episode promo. 

and with that stuff usually being uploaded to social media by fans....there are people who never go to the facebook page for that stuff

17 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Not true. There will still be new game reviews and custom music videos.

Those are infrequent occurrences. Any week they don’t have those or a new show they will have a major drought.

7 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

and with that stuff usually being uploaded to social media by fans....there are people who never go to the facebook page for that stuff

Facebook IS social media, just a somewhat outdated option. No idea why Toonami never tried to kick off a twitter account. But, even as out of date as their Facebook page is, it still has roughly 725k followers which is nothing to shake a stick at. It’s pretty much their only means of official fan communication. 

• Thanks 2

On 1/8/2023 at 10:03 AM, CountFrylock said:

demarco's response to the picture

On 1/8/2023 at 10:07 AM, Daos said:

A fun/ interesting image eh!

Toonami staff likes dem fatties confirmed.

So they not only didn't know it was fetish art, but thought it was a fun and interesting image??  I don't even know what to say to that.  They're clueless, hopeless?  I don't want to see shit like that EVER again!