UnevenEdge

Elon Musk admits that he actively tried to sabotage High Speed Rail projects

matrixman124

21 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

There was a politico magazine article back during the Scott Walker days about how Wisconsin was willing to spend like $3b on a mega interchange to save commuters 3 minutes in travel time, but was unwilling to invest $500k in a basic downtown light rail system where the residents don't own cars. I'ma have to find it because it's exactly what you're talking about.

I found it, if anyone has time to kill and wants to get angry about Scott Walker.

https://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2015/07/transportation-infrastructure-scott-walker-highways-000153/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

I found it, if anyone has time to kill and wants to get angry about Scott Walker.

https://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2015/07/transportation-infrastructure-scott-walker-highways-000153/

I couldn’t finish the article I had to stop where Walker said he killed transit projects because it forces people to pay for what they won’t be using. What about the city folks without cars though? Just fuck them, right?  Their taxes aren’t paying for mega freeways that they won’t use because there aren’t even exits into their neighborhoods?  

IS2FG IHiH

• Like 4

fuck elon musk, this guy setting back humanity. his shitty cars aint the solution and will be a problem if we go that route. 

high speed rail is an expensive endeavor and it aint easy to build. but just look at any society that has them and you cant deny all the benefits it gives them. the california hsr project is fortunately still ongoing but we need the entire nation to get on tracks. we will need to also make our cities and towns more mass transit and people friendly. the whole spreading out our towns and making them less dense is the excuse for the car. cant even go anywhere without driving. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...