UnevenEdge

YashaHime The Second Act Episode #26 (202) Discussion!!

*sigh* Figures the big arcs for both Lupin and One Piece would conclude while I was moving! AND Yashahime's second season premiered! But at least I only missed the first episode live!

But now I'm back.

And now I'm seeing I'm somehow still behind by 2 episodes of One Piece?  But how is that possible?  I watched as far as YouTube TV would let me.  Did they not put up the two most recent episodes yet?  Very odd.  If the last two episodes were just transitional and didn't show anything earth shattering, maybe I could watch them later and still watch tonight's episodes live.

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

*sigh* Figures the big arcs for both Lupin and One Piece would conclude while I was moving! AND Yashahime's second season premiered! But at least I only missed the first episode live!

But now I'm back.

And now I'm seeing I'm somehow still behind by 2 episodes of One Piece?  But how is that possible?  I watched as far as YouTube TV would let me.  Did they not put up the two most recent episodes yet?  Very odd.  If the last two episodes were just transitional and didn't show anything earth shattering, maybe I could watch them later and still watch tonight's episodes live.

Welcome back!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, you should be able to catch on pretty quickly for tonight's One Piece eps, I'd just watch tonight's. With whatever reminders they do at the beginning, you should be good.

Ok thanks.  Because the big conclusion to the arc already happened.  And I don't want to miss yet more live episodes!

9 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

But now I'm back.

Hey there you are and I'm glad your back :3

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Does this season look that much different visually?  I didn't notice.

I don't think the art looks noticeably different, but colors feel sharper and a little more contrasty to me. Though admittedly haven't seen S1 since the finale aired and this is a better screen.

Edited by DangerMouse

3 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

I don't think the art looks noticeably different, but colors feel sharper and a little more contrasty to me. Though admittedly haven't seen S1 since the finale aired and this is a better screen.

I watched the subbed version of season 2 some time after season 1 ended on Toonami.  I don't remember seeing any major difference, but, that's been a while since then too.  I guess it would have to be compared back to back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I just played the streaming version of tonight's ep (I guess they just posted it already?) on the AS site and skipped ahead through it to the ending, you're right, it is this song but it doesn't simply start from the very beginning. It sounds like they got a custom beginning for the song with the instrumental and non-lyric vocals which cleanly runs into the main lyrics 30 second mark. Pretty cool.

Edited by DangerMouse

39 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I watched the subbed version of season 2 some time after season 1 ended on Toonami.  I don't remember seeing any major difference, but, that's been a while since then too.  I guess it would have to be compared back to back.

Yeah, I haven't actually seen S1 since it ended on Toonami, just felt a little more vibrant tonight than I remembered (and saito feeling it too, maybe a little something there), but I was also watching on my main TV tonight too.

Edited by DangerMouse

30 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I just played the streaming version of tonight's ep (I guess they just posted it already?) on the AS site and skipped ahead through it to the ending, you're right, it is this song but it doesn't simply start from the very beginning. It sounds like they got a custom beginning for the song with the instrumental and non-lyric vocals which cleanly runs into the main lyrics 30 second mark. Pretty cool.

I just listened to the one minute and thirty second TV version, the full song, and the version Toonami played.  To me it sounds like maybe Toonami used the part that transitions from the end of 1:30 to the full song for their beginning, and blended that into the 30 second mark of the song as you mentioned. 

But the way the Toonami version ends sounds different too.  It is like multiple parts of the song layered over each other, which I don't think happens in the original song, but I could be wrong.  It's hard to keep track of it all.

If we had some of the crazy in-depth InuYasha fans around like we had in the old days, I'm sure they could figure this out.  They would get in-depth with the music too.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, I haven't actually seen S1 since it ended on Toonami, just felt a little more vibrant tonight than I remembered (and saito feeling it too, maybe a little something there), but I was also watching on my main TV tonight too.

Yeah, maybe it is different, since multiple people are bringing it up.  Again, I'd have to check back to back, which I don't really feel like doing at the moment.  Either way, I don't think this season should disappoint.

15 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I just listened to the one minute and thirty second TV version, the full song, and the version Toonami played.  To me it sounds like maybe Toonami used the part that transitions from the end of 1:30 to the full song for their beginning, and blended that into the 30 second mark of the song as you mentioned.

That's neat if that's what they were able to do to make it work so well.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 5:14 AM, ben0119 said:

But the way the Toonami version ends sounds different too.  It is like multiple parts of the song layered over each other, which I don't think happens in the original song, but I could be wrong.  It's hard to keep track of it all.

If we had some of the crazy in-depth InuYasha fans around like we had in the old days, I'm sure they could figure this out.  They would get in-depth with the music too.

It’s interesting to start to discover more how custom the Toonami version of Yashahime’s intro is.

• Like 1